Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: SAS BoX Server ("The Flying Ass Clowns")  (Read 34171 times)

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
Re: SAS BoX Server ("The Flying Ass Clowns")
« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2018, 11:20:33 PM »

I've just checked the logs, nothing special in there. We've had no server crash since about two days now.
The sortie logs of the two sorties you've mentioned are here:
http://www.sas1946.rocks:8000/sortie/5489
http://www.sas1946.rocks:8000/sortie/5491

We can see the disconnect on both sortie logs.
While the server wasn't too crowded at that time, one guy (volga1965) was flying with you, and these are his sortie logs of the same timeframe:
http://www.sas1946.rocks:8000/sortie/5488
http://www.sas1946.rocks:8000/sortie/5490

As you see, just normal sorties without disconnect so... yes, that's been a connection error on your side. Maybe a nightly reconnect enforced by ISP policy to keep you from operating static IP business webservices.

]cheers[
Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

sniperton

« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2018, 01:54:15 AM »

Thanks Mike, I guessed so, just wanted to be sure. Maybe a good idea to make a complete system restart around mindnight to avoid such disconnects?

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2018, 03:00:00 AM »

If your ISP forcibly reconnects you once a day, then a PC restart might not help much as it'll be the router that will drop the connection about the same time regardless what you do.

]cheers[
Mike

Eboy

« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2018, 04:47:49 AM »

Is there any objective for the Ju-52? I am thinking about buying it as it seems like a really nice and neat plane with such a unique role in the game. I'd be happy to use it on the server, dropping off troops or cargo over Soviet territory. :D

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2018, 05:14:44 AM »

Yes, you can occupy the russian airbase by dropping paratroopers on it.
Parameters for capturing the airbase are:
  • 30 Paratroopers are needed.
    One Ju-52 carries 12 Paratroopers, so you need 3 flights at least.
  • The Paratroopers must touch down within 1km around the airbase center.
    Hint: Runway length on the russian airbase is 1600m, so a radius of 1km around the airbase center means that Paratroopers must land on the airbase, more or less (and some 100m around it) to count.

Take note of the wind: We have ground winds with 3m/s from West, up to 7m/s at altitude.
Take care of the airbase AAA. When you stay within their defense area for too long, AAA will become very nasty. With a Ju-52 this will be the hardest part. Fighters might slip through - once - but a Ju-52 will not be able to cross the red airbase without getting a massive slap from the defenders. Therefore the best tactics are to approach from the West (so the wind drags your Paratroopers across the base), drop the Paratroopers at the edge of AAA's defense area, turn around asap and leave to the West again. Don't attempt to fly across the base, it's highly unlikely that you will survive this stunt.

Once you managed to drop 30 Paratroopers on the red base, you will capture it and win the mission.

Sorry to red players: There's no plane available in BoS yet to give you a similar opportunity.

]cheers[
Mike

sniperton

« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2018, 05:41:52 AM »

Sorry to red players: There's no plane available in BoS yet to give you a similar opportunity.

What about dropping N tons of bomb on the runway to make it inoperable for a while?

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2018, 06:20:46 AM »

No way to count that in BoS, sorry.

Dark Apostle

• SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2018, 07:15:38 PM »

What about dropping N tons of bomb on the runway to make it inoperable for a while?
Someone was trying that yesterday, I don't tend to hunt people, but after his first attempt at two sc1000 He-111 run as I'm taking off failed, I figured more was to come, never actually got him though lol.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2018, 10:34:07 PM »

If anyone's brave enough to try level bombing the enemy airfield, I'm fine with that.
It's not really comparable to the itty titty strafers we've had, as the level bomber might come around every 30 minutes or so, not every 30 seconds like the strafer.
That's why we didn't see the big AAA guns to "high" AI level, as otherwise level bombing or Paratrooper dropping would become almost impossible.

]cheers[
Mike

sniperton

« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2018, 03:28:54 PM »

There's a strange thing here:

http://www.sas1946.rocks:8000/en/mission/3392/

How did Axis win? In-game there was an LW player who is not included here. I haven't seen him personally. According to the in-game stats page (not screen-captured, unfortunately), however, he destroyed some 30 vehicles within 0:00 of time and scored multiple thousands of points. Was he you, Mike, doing some tests, or is someone gaming the system?

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2018, 12:20:23 AM »

Simple answer: The Stats don't show Player Tank sorties. It's a bummer, but that's what it is. I've asked the creators of IL-2 Stats but there's no plan to ever implement this feature.
And: No, that wasn't me ;)
In the long run we might completely replace IL-2 Stats with an own system, working on this has already started but it's a lengthy process.

In detail, on that mission you've had two players driving german tanks, in particular "doebel65" was driving a Pz-Kpfw.III Ausf.L and "I./ZG1_feuervogel" was driving a Pz.Kpfw.VI Ausf.H1 aka "Tiger".
The latter is known to have no opponent within the set of available objects in BoS currently, except for huge Flak guns (8.8cm Flak37 on Luftie side and 8.5cm 52-K on Ruskie) abused as anti-tank guns.
Now that the new assault zone in the south of our mission doesn't have anti-tank guns (they'd humilate all other AI if they were there), it's an easy thing to jump a Tiger, drive to the assault zone and pick one easy prey after another.
Only thing you need is patience and a certain weakness in your brain, because it takes quite some time to get where you could abuse that power - both was the case for "I./ZG1_feuervogel" apparently, who wasted more than an hour to get that fruitless job done.

We - as the mission creators - would pretty much love to put an end to this without having to take the Tiger off the map completely.
And it would even be an easy thing to do, believe it or not.
One thing is already there, but it's not working: Payload limitations. To be precisely, it was working fine in BoS 2.x, but got broken in 3.0 and from there on, with each new patch the devs either broke it again in a different fashion or left the bug untouched.
Currently we exclude payloads but the default one - "default" is always available, no matter what. And "default" for a tiger means that it's equipped with it's deadliest anti tank ammo, and to make matters worse, it's 92 of them.
It's a sad fact that devs have first ignored this bug, then denied it, then made it even worse, and now that I've even been in touch with Jason Williams by PM about this thing, there's only - s-i-l-e-n-c-e. Nothing happens.
The other thing needed to be done was a simple update to the game code in order to give mission makers the possibility to limit fuel load on player tanks.

That's it.

]cheers[
Mike

sniperton

« Reply #83 on: August 18, 2018, 03:43:31 AM »

Thanks Mike for the elaborate explanation. I guessed that tanks may have played a role, and I vaguely remembered that you asked Vaal about plans to implement tank action into the stats. What struck me, however, was the vast number of destroyed ground targets, I simply could not believe it was possible without some cheat or exploit.
Anyway, I'm fine with it now that I know how it worked, and if someone feels happy driving one hour just to make a turkey hunt, it's his choice, let he have fun, I don't mind. Maybe next time I'll take a FAB-500 and seek him out just to make his experience more 'immersive'.  :P
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 16   Go Up

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 26 queries.