Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16]   Go Down

Author Topic: SAS BoX Server ("The Flying Ass Clowns")  (Read 34289 times)

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
Re: SAS BoX Server ("The Flying Ass Clowns")
« Reply #180 on: February 16, 2021, 01:31:50 AM »

Since nothing changed about the most important issues in IL-2 Great Battles for more than 10 months now, and since nothing changed about the constantly crashing DServer.exe every other day despite endless data given to the devs, and since there is no end in sight concerning all these issues, and finally: Since I got banned on the forums - allegedly for calling a troll a troll, in fact simply for bringing up the issues which these idiots don't want to solve and don't want to hear anyone complaining about, cause it ruins their business if things get named...
Since there's no reason to give ample room for such a pile of crap I've wasted easily a thousand bucks on, is there any reason for keeping our BoS Server up?
I'm considering to shutdown that Server and close that chapter.

Any obligations?

And don't you worry, we're not talking about the UP3 Server.
That one of course will keep running.

]cheers[
Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #181 on: February 16, 2021, 03:46:15 AM »

Since I got banned on the forums [...]

A healthy community should be able to keep (true) trolls at bay on its own, just like in life. Community-driven rating systems work, imho. In this case they banned a whole community from an eventual hit you would have produced. Everyone's loss because of fear-based management.
NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

sniperton

« Reply #182 on: February 16, 2021, 05:15:31 AM »

Since I got banned on the forums - allegedly for calling a troll a troll

WTF? You were banned with so many upvotes? And without warning? WTF  ]iamwithstupid[

But now I see what happened, obviously right after that. Probably the same moderator sent in the heavy cavalry, asking a dozen (otherwise mainly respectable) forum members to teach the rioting mob a lesson along the lines "learn aiming", etc, etc. But it fired back, RedKestrel and others politely explained the issue to the effect that some vocal members, previously uninterested, publicly admitted there was actually shit in the pancake.

BTW I can live even with these porked .50cals, I don't give them a fuck, really, it's the handling of the issue and the lack of perspective, together with the above communication schemes, that annoy me and make me sad.

As to the server, it's really up to you to decide whether you can afford the time and resources to maintain it under the given circumstances. I personally would regret if you shot it down, because it's the only public mod-friendly server with normal difficulty settings, so it's ideal for training and for any non-competitive online flying, and as I see there's a small, but solid demand for that.

My suggestion is to leave it up and running "as is" -- as long as it doesn't demand too much time and effort to keep it up.

]thefinger[

macgiver

« Reply #183 on: February 16, 2021, 06:22:42 AM »

I am no one to take part in this conversation, but to "let off steam" I can say that I have not visited the server for several months now, nor have I been flying with this sim. It may sound pathetic, but I'm feeling scammed by jason&co (and I haven't spent almost thousand "bullets" as Storebror). I've been buying parts and planes as they come out, hoping that they will fix existing problems and polish things up, but it's been getting worse and worse, until it was time to say stop (not to mention the fact that there are too many things that were poorly done from the beginning and needs to be remade, not repaired).I stay with our "obsolete and defective" Il-2...

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #184 on: February 16, 2021, 07:26:30 AM »

Another update just got released, 48 changes and "improvements" listed but of course, none of the real biting issues got addressed.
Again.
I doubt the devs will ever change it.
As long as the crowd of wannabe Hartmanns can't cheer each other enough of their heroic "victories" and keep buying the game, nothing will change.

That horse is dead, sorry to say.

]cheers[
Mike

SAS~Skylla

• Flying Ass Clown N°24
« Reply #185 on: February 16, 2021, 10:49:31 AM »

It's really sad to see what this BoX project has become.

Nevertheless it's very sad to see our server go down, albeit I have to admit I also ceased flying on it once BoX went south.

During its peak time I very much enjoyed flying on the server with you all and I think we can proudly say that we've been operating the first and most reliable mod friendly server in BoX. And I'm glad I could provide some missions for it :)
When all else fails: read the instructions!

SAS~Ghost129er

• SAS Team
  • SAS Certified Lurk
« Reply #186 on: February 16, 2021, 02:05:21 PM »

RIP. Until next time I guess. We had some great memories there, now, we just wait I guess. They can only milk the product so much, won't be till a matter of time I suppose. 
Current activity: Giving his E46 330ci some TLC.

sniperton

« Reply #187 on: February 16, 2021, 03:17:36 PM »

And I'm glad I could provide some missions for it :)

Heartful thank for that. I would miss them. And thank you Mike for your support too.

]hello2[

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #188 on: February 16, 2021, 10:37:25 PM »

Just for the record, this is Jason Williams' true opinion of the issue, in contrast to the december's official statement that they'd look after DM and weapon issues:

We have addressed the .50s and all of our weapons several times over the years. We don't ignore anything and our years of work prove it, but if you're rude about it we will ignore you. The .50s are not nerfed they just aren't to your liking. We are focused on other tasks at the moment. Right now my engineers are focused on new planes and fuel systems. I do not have a large team that can work on multiple revisions of old features endlessly and new features at the same time. And after we updated the weapons last time MANY more users are happier than they were before the update so not everyone shares your opinion.

This was in reply to a complaint of mine in reply to a Facebook announcement of their latest update.
Read: For them, everything's fine and dandy and nothing needs to be changed.
Still complaining about the .50s is "rude".
Sissies. And fuckwits.
Needless to say that the ass kissers are all around him, that reply immediately got him 11 likes.
Unbelievable idiots, they'll see what they get from it, once GB cripples their beloved 109s too.

]cheers[
Mike

SAS~Skylla

• Flying Ass Clown N°24
« Reply #189 on: February 17, 2021, 01:17:33 AM »

Well, technically they are crippled already. But this happens in a way that those who sit in one benefit from it. So no complaints on that I guess ...

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #190 on: February 19, 2021, 04:48:03 AM »

After having slept a couple of nights on this, the penny dropped.
Game Over.

]cheers[
Mike

SAS~Skylla

• Flying Ass Clown N°24
« Reply #191 on: February 19, 2021, 06:26:23 AM »

First post has been adjusted.

Since the server is no more this topic is now locked & unstickied.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16]   Go Up

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 22 queries.