Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HOTAS decision time  (Read 1067 times)

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
HOTAS decision time
« on: June 28, 2018, 04:07:34 PM »

I know this subject has been raised before, but not recently as far as I can see, so I would like to ask for HOTAS recommendations based on what is available in the market today. I am interested in stick, throttle, and pedals.

I am an older guy with an understanding wife; no kids just dog and cat. So, money is not really an issue. My aging CH Products flight stick, pedals, and throttle are over ten years old and need to be replaced. I would buy CH Products again in a heartbeat, except that my CH control software has stopped working and there does not appear to be any support for it any longer. This renders my expensive CH Multi-function Panel useless. If they do not intend to support the product I do not think I want to buy from them again. The other three components work without the software so I am not in a tremendous hurry; they are just getting tired. I certainly have no complaints considering how long they have lasted. I would love to find a replacement for the Multi-Function Panel also but have not seen anything comparable in the searches I have done.

The Warthog is certainly interesting though a little expensive. Does anyone have experience with it good, bad, or indifferent? Otherwise the Logitech X52 and Thrustmaster T.16000M sets get decent, though not impeccable, reviews on Amazon.

Any advice or suggestions? If the Warthog set works as advertised I think I will go with that.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
Re: HOTAS decision time
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 10:32:20 PM »

CH control software has stopped working and there does not appear to be any support for it any longer
That's mildly put.
Bob Church, the developer of the software, has retired.
CH is aware that the software, the last version of which was updated in 2011, no longer functions under Windows 10.
CH has not mounted a search for a developer to pick up the maintenance of the Control Manager Software.

I'm a happy X-52 Pro user here, but have no idea how it compares to your CH products.

]cheers[
Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

Stainless

• Modder
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 10:45:30 PM »

The Warthog is lovely. The joystick is the best I have found. I have one in Sweden when I am working there and I love it.

At home sadly, I bought the X56. While the throttle box is nice enough, with plenty of switches, the joystick is very poor. There is an adjustable spring at the bottom, but due to a design flaw it gets stuck.
So when you let go of the joystick, it just flops to one corner randomly. I would not advise getting the X56.

https://community.logitech.com/s/question/0D55A000070ohxlSAA/saitek-x56-joystick

Flying H

• "And you can fly, high as a kite if you want to..
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2018, 12:11:29 PM »

I´m a long-time user of the Warthog and am very satisfied with it, though it was a hard time getting used to the TARGET scripting software. A lot of reading manuals and visiting different forums to get the grips of it. Although people in the communities were very helpful I´m finally satisfied with it´s funktions! I am also using the MFG Crosswind pedals which are very good. I´ have 1946, BoX, FSX, DCS, Clod and Rice of flight sims.
And you can fly, high as a kite, if you want to.........

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2018, 12:13:54 PM »

Thanks to all of you. I have had my CH flight stick since 2005 so anything I switch to will take some adjustments on my part. But that is not necessarily a bad thing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 26 queries.