Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 107   Go Down

Author Topic: graphics extender  (Read 282808 times)

KingTiger503

• Legendary History Luftwaffe Elite Ace ,,, FAC# 53
  • Supporter
  • KT503 Elite
Re: graphics extender
« Reply #336 on: November 21, 2018, 10:38:56 PM »

With The Help of the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 TI, Everything is Perfect, But there is one Problem

The Midway Map has One Island, And Now thats Two Islands,

And the Desert Map is WIP, Right

Best Regards KT503
My Greatest and Best Regards KT503

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #337 on: November 21, 2018, 11:29:09 PM »

Midway and Kure?
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

slibenli

• IL-2 Graphics Extender
« Reply #338 on: December 03, 2018, 09:19:25 AM »

It would be worthwhile to look into the way flat sections are fitted to a sphere. If a flat plane is warped to the spherical surface the linear segments between the corner vertices can diverge, producing gaps. If the flat sections are kept flat, so that the global surface is polygonal instead of perfectly spherical, then such gaps cannot occur.

This is somewhat analogous to the demand that the game screen be drawn on the gnomonic projection. Such a projection has straight lines everywhere drawn as straight, thus ensuring no gaps at the joining sides of polygons. No other projection can do this, because anywhere off axis (screen center) straight lines would be curved, with a failure to correctly fit polygonal sides; gaps or overlap would result.

To further impress the characteristics of the gnomonic projection, as a means to divine what might be causing the gaps we see thus far in this graphics extender...

In the real world, the straight line between any two points seen by the observer is a segment of a great circle. That's because the viewpoint and the two endpoints define a plane, and the viewpoint is always the center of the environment. This plane is thus a section of the larger plane that bisects a sphere centered on the observer.

The only projection which retains great circles as straight lines no matter where crossing the FoV is the gnomonic. As an indicator of its real world usefulness, note that this is the projection used for plotting the paths of meteors on the sky (no matter where they appear, the brief flight of a shower meteor is essentially straight, and thus represents a great circle segment.) Any other projection preserves the straightness of a great circle when passing through the center of projection (view center) only; everywhere else a straight line becomes curved.

Of course the polygons (triangles to be specific) of the terrain stay flat.
I don't know - maybe we are talking past each other here.
I have yet to look deeper into how gnomonic projection works.
It's possible that, unknowingly, I'm already using it.

GTAIVisbest

• Modder
« Reply #339 on: December 06, 2018, 01:50:11 PM »

Hey all,

Am I missing something here? Latest build, dropped into my IL2 directory, making sure I'm using OpenGL and I have "perfect" mode enabled in conf.ini....

Nothing's different in-game. Is there something else I'm missing? I've looked at my il2 activator (came with this SAS install) and nothing is special there despite the fact that it's pointing towards my #SAS folder.

Anyone else experience this?

slibenli

• IL-2 Graphics Extender
« Reply #340 on: December 06, 2018, 03:12:17 PM »

Hey all,

Am I missing something here? Latest build, dropped into my IL2 directory, making sure I'm using OpenGL and I have "perfect" mode enabled in conf.ini....

Nothing's different in-game. Is there something else I'm missing? I've looked at my il2 activator (came with this SAS install) and nothing is special there despite the fact that it's pointing towards my #SAS folder.

Anyone else experience this?

Is your IL-2 Selector at least version 3.4.2 ?

GTAIVisbest

• Modder
« Reply #341 on: December 06, 2018, 09:07:01 PM »

That did it, downloaded latest IL-2 selector and fixed water=0... it looks very pretty!

is it normal that loading map and starting missions takes a looot of time? From ~5 seconds to ~35 seconds

is it normal for FPS to be stagnant around 30 on an i7 and a gtx 960M?

Just curious to know so I can make the best out of it.

Great mod!

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #342 on: December 06, 2018, 10:37:24 PM »

is it normal that loading map and starting missions takes a looot of time? From ~5 seconds to ~35 seconds
Can't confirm.
Under which condition do you get 5 seconds and what exactly triggers the load time increase to 35 seconds?
Please triple-check before reporting this as an il2ge issue.

is it normal for FPS to be stagnant around 30 on an i7 and a gtx 960M?
Yes.
Did you ever get more?
Please specify.

]cheers[
Mike

GTAIVisbest

• Modder
« Reply #343 on: December 07, 2018, 12:04:49 AM »

Hey Mike,

I'm not sure if this reflects in any logs, but basically the load time when loading a new map in Full Mission Editor used to be around 4 seconds, it's now around 25-30 seconds.

Playing a scenario used to go from 0% to 100% pretty quickly (5-6 seconds), now it's stuck at 0% for 25 seconds before finally loading.

It may be an issue with updating my IL-2 selector, but I'm not sure about that. I didn't try removing IL2GE yet to test that... mostly curious to know if others are having the same issue.

As for FPS, it's not that bad, 30fps in a flight sim isn't super noticeable... I like the extended view distance, looks awesome!

On a side note, does anyone know what mod will make the first person camera more "realistic" like in the first seconds of this IL2GE showcase video?

Thanks again for all your help!

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #344 on: December 07, 2018, 12:28:45 AM »

Steven uses TrackIR apparently.
Map loading times vary a lot. Only few manage to get up within 4 seconds on my systems, il2ge or not.
"Playing a scenario" - no idea what you mean.
Disabling il2ge is a piece of cake, just rename il2ge.dll to e.g. "-il2ge.dll" and make a comparative test.

If you still see noticeable differences, a log would be helpful.

]cheers[
Mike

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
« Reply #345 on: December 07, 2018, 03:21:12 AM »

I'm guessing 'playing a scenario' is loading a mission from the QMB? I can confirm what Mike says map loading times vary greatly depending on its/detail size and static objects used on it. I have noticed no increase or decrease in map/mission loading times since using il2GE so the issue must be at your end?

Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB DDR6, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, 256GB/500GB Crucial SSDs, Windows 10 64bit.

Dreamk

• Modder
« Reply #346 on: December 08, 2018, 08:42:11 AM »

I must say that I quite agree with GTAIV.
The best selector, to my mind, was the 3.1.4 - very fast loading of the game, aircraft maps and objects, very smooth running.
The 3.4.2 is surprizingly low in loading the game and still more when loading maps and objects - resulting sometimes in unexpected and ununderstood crashes (with strange logs as if the game "got mad" - I remember a case when loading a plane in Bat/#waw3., it crashed, the log showing as reason for the crash....the impossibility to load a tga referring to a ww1 plane totally unrelated with the plane I tried to load, and another case where the load "para" caused a crash, while in 3.1.4 this same aircaft run smoothy with this"para" loadout.).
Loading a large number of objects seems especially low with this selector.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #347 on: December 08, 2018, 10:31:10 AM »

What's wrong with you Dreamk?
Got up on the wrong side of the bed?
Drank too much on todays X-Mas party?
Or did you just think that it'd be time to post a bunch of complete bullshit in a totally unrelated thread?

]cheers[
Mike
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 107   Go Up

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 25 queries.