Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: BAT & Mat Manager experience  (Read 3411 times)

henkypenky

• BAT 4.2 Flashpoint & WAW
BAT & Mat Manager experience
« on: June 15, 2018, 08:51:43 AM »

Hi, title says it all; is there somebody who still uses Mat Manager with BAT and can give me some info on it? I'm scared shitless about dropping all these files simply in my install and perhaps ruining everything. I also wonder how to start all these things up, I got a Saitek throttle with its own program, Track IR, Whistlers Random Skies and my Warthog hotas. Do I have to made a batch file or so? And if I dont like the effect of Mat Manager, how easy is it to remove it from Il-2? 
My install is up to Pathfinder Evolution, please advise..

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
Re: BAT & Mat Manager experience
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 01:48:15 PM »

I think you can easily activate and turn it off with jsgme.

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 01:51:08 PM »

you may want to add here that you manually have to set it up that way specifically!
That is not a built-in option. You need to know what to do here.

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 02:16:23 PM »

I really hope that someone who registered in 2009 is able to make a new folder inside jsgmemods, install Mat Manager there and then activate. :)

henkypenky

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2018, 06:47:20 AM »

Hi, thanks for the info.

someone who registered in 2009 is able to make a new folder inside jsgmemods, install Mat Manager there and then activate

You are right Istvan, I sure know how to do this, but that wasn't the methode I had in my mind when writing this. Perhaps not that clever, but I never use the 'JSGME methode'. 

Flying H

• "And you can fly, high as a kite if you want to..
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 12:26:01 PM »

All these files do nothing but reside in the "PaintSchemes/Regiments" folder and provide you with markings that you find appropriate for your plane/sqad. They are only activated by your command from the app contained but you´ll have a myriad of options for markings for a huge number of panes and countries. After unzipping you can create a folder called "IL2 test" put a copy of the IL2FB.exe there install the whole shabang there and check out the contents. It´s been a while since I was using it but I´m shure I had it installed in my vpmodpack earlier, haven´t used it in my BAT installation as yet though.

And you can fly, high as a kite, if you want to.........

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2018, 12:37:36 AM »

You are right Istvan, I sure know how to do this, but that wasn't the methode I had in my mind when writing this. Perhaps not that clever, but I never use the 'JSGME methode'. 

I only use it for modificiation consisting of lot of files which I may want to remove later (with one click). It's perfect for that because, it has backups of the files it overwrites. Though it might take a while to activate.

henkypenky

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2018, 02:35:42 AM »

Hi, again thanks for the info.
@Istvan: It was a good advise, one I didn't thought about myself, thanks O, btw the installation has to go in BAT Mods, JSGME doesnt seem to 'look' in JSGME Mods.

sturmbock

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2018, 07:19:54 AM »

I take this thread to ask a question about it, sorry if it is not the place, but may be someone can answer it or give me an idea.

I have MAT manager installed and working almost perfectly, both in DBW 4.10 and BAT 4.12.2, but some decals are replaced by the originals of DBW or BAT, how could I see those emblems of MAT manager? is it possible with the program?

Thanks in advance.

henkypenky

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2018, 12:59:52 PM »

Well another question about MatManger, or better the removal of it. Having this activated trough JSGME didn't work trouble free as the program couldn't find the place where to copie the new MAT's. Than I had it installed 'as originally intended, but decided after a while to de-install. This worked ok; program was removed but all the extra files remained, specially in Paintscheme's\Regiments. Folders where no problem, these where aesy to identify. Now I found have a folder in my Il-2 root called CoopRegt, is this an original Il-2 folder or does it belongs to MatManager. And if its an Il-2 original, which files are in it?

Thanks for reading.   

sturmbock

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2018, 02:16:10 PM »

CoopRegt belongs to MatManager.

henkypenky

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2018, 01:02:42 PM »

Ok, thanks for the info, now I can safely delete it.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 26 queries.