Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there a possible fix for the Second Engine glitch on the Do-435 ?  (Read 107 times)

denko9001

Hello everyone,

About a month and a half ago I made a thread about a plane I found really interesting, the do-435. It is essentially a do-335 with the aft propeller removed and replaced with a turbojet. Sadly there's a crippling flaw with the plane that becomes apparent when trying to fly lengthy missions with it. If you press whatever you key you have assigned to select the second engine on the plane (the turbojet), it will become "glitched" so to say, and will barely move. It took me a long time to find out this was the issue with the plane, but once this happens, the only way to get the plane back to the flight model its supposed to have is to restart the game. This is rather problematic as for convenience I have the keys to select my engines all set right next to each other, and sometimes I'll slip and hit engine 2 by accident, which initiates said glitch. However if you start both engines at the same time the plane works ok.

What I want to find out most is why this happens (just simply selecting the turbojet makes the plane incredibly sluggish, you don't even have to play around with it), and more importantly, if there's a way to fix it. Since this plane is a mod plane, it seems like the problem would be stemming from the fact that the turbojet and the prop aren't coded correctly together. That's my guess anyway.

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
Re: possible fix for do-435
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 06:37:32 PM »

Simply using dual analog axis throttle (like Saitek X55/X56 or Logitech G940, Warthog, Saitek or CH's throttle quadrant) and separated controlling, instead of combined single throttle.

When you have only a single throttle, moving its assignment from HOTAS CONTROL's Power into Engine 1 Power (then the throttle lever will control only Engine 1 == front prop of do-435) and controlling Engine 2 = tail jet is done by keyboard.

Taking care not to JUMP throttle position for jet engines ..... so not to combine or mix the controls of Engine 1 and 2.

denko9001

Re: possible fix for do-435
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 06:53:14 PM »

Simply using dual analog axis throttle (like Saitek X55/X56 or Logitech G940, Warthog, Saitek or CH's throttle quadrant) and separated controlling, instead of combined single throttle.

When you have only a single throttle, moving its assignment from HOTAS CONTROL's Power into Engine 1 Power (then the throttle lever will control only Engine 1 == front prop of do-435) and controlling Engine 2 = tail jet is done by keyboard.

Taking care not to JUMP throttle position for jet engines ..... so not to combine or mix the controls of Engine 1 and 2.
So if I use this setup, will that get rid of the glitch that happens to the plane when I select the second engine? If I select the prop the plane is still acting normal, but the second I use select the turbojet, its glitched.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 26 queries.