Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BV-155 Skin-Template = Mod-aircraft by EDLOR  (Read 530 times)

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
BV-155 Skin-Template = Mod-aircraft by EDLOR
« on: June 13, 2018, 09:29:10 PM »

DOWNLOAD ---- http://www.mediafire.com/file/09nddpkyi8pnkpz/BV-155_NEW_SKINS.7z/file

The original mod-aircraft by EDLOR can be downloaded from here... https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,58713.0.html
It is still a work-in-progress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~/~~~~/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
from the READ ME inside....

Blohm and Voss   BV-155 - High-Altitude Fighter

(The mod-aircraft is still a WIP and not entirely finished, but you can fly in it.
Please do not try to take-off with it, it will crash your game, BUT it does fly and land
if you use it in a quick mission flight. )

The folder named "Aircraft_Bv_155_WIP_412" is to be placed into your BV-155 mod-aircraft folder
and let it overwrite the old skins.
- These new skins have been re-worked because the original were not finished.
The "summer" folder contains EDLOR´s original default skin , but it has been downsized to the normal 1024x1024 size.
The original was very large. You decide which skin sizes to use in our game.
The other skins are in their original size.

The folder BV-155_Skin-Template contains my version for this aircraft model.
It is a little diferent from what you see in Edlor´s skin and his template. I have researched about this aircraft,
its blueprints and seen WW2 photos, and tried my best to follow the same design as the real aircraft.
The skin template also contains color layers for the original camouflage style used on the WW2 prototypes.

There are a few other camo-colors I have included to let you have some quick fun creating new skins.
Day fighters and night-fighters, you decide what to create and fly.
Check them out for yourself.

In the template you will also find sets of Luftwaffe WW2 roundels, and all of the fighter squadrons
of the Luftwaffe - the "Jagdgeschwader" (tail color bands + squadron shields).
This aircraft was meant to be used for High-Altitude dogfighting and attacking bombers (B-29 bombers if they were ever used in Europe)
So perhaps many of the known Luftwaffe fighter squadrons could have had this aircraft in their arsenal.

I hope you like this skin-template and enjoy creating new skins for your game and to share with all the aviation fans of IL2-1946.

A big THANK YOU to EDLOR for creating this amazing and real "Luft-46" aircraft and for all of his dedication to
making everyone happy flying in the blue skies of the IL2-1946. - You did make all of our dreams come true!
God bless you Sir.

Also a big THANK YOU goes out to his son Adam and his family for sharing some of his fathers creations which were still
not finished. Edlor will surely not be forgotten, and all of his works in progress mod-aircraft will one day
fly high and proud in our blue skies and in our dreams.

It was my pleasure to create this skin-template in remembrance of Edlor and I will
create many more templates and skins for his other aircraft in the near future.

Cheers
MAX

One of the prototypes during tests in World War II...

and
The V2 prototype in storage and still undergoing restoration at the National Air and Space Museum, USA.

- https://airandspace.si.edu/collection-objects/blohm-voss-bv-155-v2

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
Re: BV-155 Skin-Template = Mod-aircraft by EDLOR (still WIP)
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 09:37:47 PM »

Here are some screenshots from a test-skin and what you may be able to create using this skin-template....

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-
-

-

-

-

Gatrasz

• Supporter
  • Dead but dreaming...
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 07:05:09 AM »

Hi ! Before discussing anything, let me thank you for your work on this great mod by Edlor. That's very cool.

By the way, I downloaded your template and got only your cover image as .psd file. Is it possible that something got wrong with the download file, or is it just me ?  ;)

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 07:14:19 AM »

Excellent work as always Max, I do love your artwork. 8)

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

dona

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 11:58:17 AM »

Great work Max thank you!

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 03:26:42 PM »

Hi ! Before discussing anything, let me thank you for your work on this great mod by Edlor. That's very cool.

By the way, I downloaded your template and got only your cover image as .psd file. Is it possible that something got wrong with the download file, or is it just me ?  ;)

Thank you Gatrasz. I just checked the download folder and it is ALL in there. The PSD file is 27.3 MB in size.
Open it with Photoshop.
What you see FIRST is the same image as I have posted in my first post. It is the first layer page.
When using Photoshop click on the little "eye" icon on the Layers window next to the layer you want to see.
When you click on it to be "invisible", you then see the layers under it.

The Second layer you will then see is of a small blueprint, which I sometimes like to include with my skin-templates.
For fun and for information purposes also.
They usually show the aircraft in an old blueprint style-paper showing its cut-away view, or its 3-way view ( top/bottom/sides)
like in an engineer´s blueprint from WW2.

Then,  as you make that layer invisible (clicking on the eye-icon in the layers palette/window) you will see the entire
skin-template and all of its folders.
Inside each folder are the layers for each part which make up the entire skin.

It is all in there for download, 27.3 MB in size, which is a normal sized template for me. Some templates I have downloaded
from the internet are only 5 MB in size, which only contain the very basic layers to create a skin.
I tend to put a few more things into my versions, but not all of my layers for public usage.
 My personal working templates usually reach around 60 to 90 MB in size. I put alot of stuff in them.
As you add new elements (or new layers) into your personal working skin-template, it will soon reach a very heavy package  ;D

You decide what to do with it, it is now yours to play around with, and create new skins from it if you wish.

Gatrasz

• Supporter
  • Dead but dreaming...
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2018, 03:48:36 PM »

Okay, sorry for that, I'm going to have a deeper look on all this stuff, thank you again !

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2018, 03:51:05 PM »

Ok, No problem, have fun with it.

If you don´t like it, you can always sell it at Ebay.
Someone ought to pay good money for it, or maybe a few beers  :D

cgagan

• SAS Team
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2018, 01:13:13 AM »

Magnificent, Max... 8)

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2018, 09:06:01 AM »

Thank you Cgagan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Someone has asked me about the wing walkway and why its design and color is like that.
Good question, I will try to answer it.

Even though you see another diferent style and color on plastic models and on art found on the internet,
I try my best to follow the original design as seen on the original airplanes.

History tells us that there were only 3 prototypes built. It was one of the most technically advanced airplane
for its time and it was under development until the last days of the WW2.
The V-1 was the only version that was flown and it was painted in Luftwaffe camouflage and marked. It did not
seem to have any numbers or letters painted on it.
The V-2 and V-3 were still under construction and were left unpainted, showing only their bare-metal skin.
The V-1 suffered a bad crash after the WW2 in an allied test flight and nothing was saved from that airplane.
So we only have old WW2 rare photos of the only painted version.

By the way, it was the British who crashed it, so you might think that the captured V-1 version had the German roundels
overpainted with  RAF type roundels  ;) That ought to look interesting on this BV-155.
- more information here ---- http://silverhawkauthor.com/rcaf-war-prize-flights-german-and-japanese-warbird-survivors-book_274.html

According to this old photo I found (image below) we notice that the top wing walkways were
a straight line and not a dotted line. On the image I made a duplicate print with brighter tones to look
at it better and marked in red where the fuel caps were located.

As for the color of it, I have no information regarding that detail. It could have been white, yellow, or red.
It could even had been pink!   :D

So I went with my instinct and made the line design in yellow color, as often seen on other Luftwaffe
aircraft and according to some Luftwaffe rules on colors used for their airplanes.
Blohm & Voss was a sea-boat and seaplane builder and some of their other aircraft we notice the same thing,
and also on the Heinkel 111 bombers.
So I went for a yellow colored line walkway design.

But you can make it any color or design you wish, because if this airplane was put into action and built
by the hundreds for the Luftwaffe in a "what-if" 1946 war, it could have been any color or design, or it could
even had none of it.

Cheers
MAX

SAS~Bombsaway

• Choose your battles wisely.
  • SAS Team
  • A day without laughter is a day wasted
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2018, 09:18:21 AM »

I think it looks great. If you went by what other planes from Germany had then it makes sense that they would have used it here. Great work as always Max. :)
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.303 seconds with 26 queries.