Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Bristol Bombay  (Read 22580 times)

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
  • I'm French and Rebel_409! Nobody is perfect!
    • Some tinkering here
Re: Bristol Bombay
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2018, 03:08:29 AM »

my own Bombay_FM is in caps, as is the actual line in the java file. I am not sure but I think FMs are case sensitive....?
For this kind of thing the game is about making a difference.  ;)
On the other hand it is very important in Java programming.
If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -

NavyAce

« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2018, 01:46:11 PM »

Hi Again,

I just wanted to say thank you for the expertise and patience that everyone here has shown me in working with my Bombay install to 4.12.2m SAS Modact v 5.3. It has been a long and winding road, but persistence has paid off! I now have a flyable Bombay in my game along with AI and a useable SSP. Here is how I did it.

I uninstalled the plane completely, all folders and files) so I could get a fresh start. I may have been over thinking this so I decided to make it as straightforward and simple as possible. My first step was not to bother with anything that didn't have to do with the flyable plane, so I didn't bother downloading the AI version. I decided not to try and confuse myself by trying to interpret (or over interpret) the readme and just went ahead with the install as I usually do. I unzipped the .7z file for the 06_Bristol_Bombay_FLY and dropped the plane folder into the SAS folder and left everything inside alone. I then  opened the read me and copied and pasted the relevant air.ini.  Then I started the game and checked that I had a flyable version and that all controls worked.  Then I added the plane.properties and weapons.properties lines into their respective files.  After each addition I would restart the game and ensure that the plane was working properly.  I then dropped the 01_  Weapons_USA_GB folder into the games folder. At each one of these steps I saved the work and exited and rebooted the game to make sure nothing caused a CTD and tried going to the QMB screen to see what would show up and at the end clicked FLY and my plane appeared with full control over all the control surfaces and the throttles. I also decided to try installing the SSP, being careful at each step as this is where I think the previous crashes were occurring.  I started by dropping the 05_SSP_Bristol_Bombay folder into the SAS folder. I added the stationary.ini and technics.ini lines to the [Self_StationaryPlanes]  and Self Stationary Planes  sub headings I had created under each category, self checking after each entry for crashes. Finding none, I proceeded to the FMB and found the plane (with picture) in the aircraft library. I then selected a map and placed the SSP Bombay on it clicked enter and was able to view it. I then tried to save the test and was successful. I now have a flyable Bombay with working AI and a working SSP. I hope this helps others.

I would like to add that I still have only half the bombardier's position, which is OK, but even though loading the information from the Weapons folder I still have only three options, default 8x250 lb and 8x250SP. I don't have the parachutists or the cargo. But this is nitpicking as everything else works and I can use the plane for what I need. Thanks again to all who contributed and helped the new kid.

NavyAce

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2018, 04:07:54 PM »

... but even though loading the information from the Weapons folder I still have only three options, default 8x250 lb and 8x250SP. I don't have the parachutists or the cargo.
Your game not have Java Class for boxes 100kg !
See end of first post ! ;)
If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -

Airbourne

• Nil Desperandum
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2018, 06:18:50 AM »

I tries out this aircraft in VP's modpack and it worked fine but the self-stationary version doesn't show up when you place it on a map. I presume this is because of an incompatibility between 4.09 and 4.12 and isn't a problem with my own particular rig.

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2018, 12:12:36 PM »

I tries out this aircraft in VP's modpack and it worked fine but the self-stationary version doesn't show up when you place it on a map. I presume this is because of an incompatibility between 4.09 and 4.12 and isn't a problem with my own particular rig.
There is no difference between SSP 409 and SSP 412... except one...
I mention it in my SSP posts:
IF YOUR GAME IS 412 (MA or HSFX) !
Do not use the SSP to function take off of IA from parking!

Airbourne

• Nil Desperandum
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2018, 07:31:27 AM »

Thanks for the reply, Epervier. The problem was down to me installing the SSP wrongly. I notice that your illustration in the first post shows the Bombay with RAF roundels. My Bombay, flyable or SSP in BAT or VP modpack, will not take any markings of any nation. Any idea why this is?

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2018, 07:53:07 AM »

I notice that your illustration in the first post shows the Bombay with RAF roundels. My Bombay, flyable or SSP in BAT or VP modpack, will not take any markings of any nation. Any idea why this is?
:D
As it is mentioned under each image they are from Edlor.
If you look at the contents of the "summer" folder the skin has no marking.
So you have no problem.
Choose a new skin and turn it into a default skin!  ;)

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #55 on: December 26, 2018, 02:15:05 AM »

You must install either the flyable version or the AI version!
You invented hot water!
How can the presence of both versions be justified?
If you install the flyable version, you will also have the possibility to have the plane for AIs only!
In this case, try to install the AI version is useless!
So your demonstration is useless and can cause problems.
I don't advise to do what you explain!

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #56 on: December 26, 2018, 02:26:51 AM »

... like Epervier says, a flyable plane becomes an AI plane when you don't fly it yourself ...   :P

So why bother to install both versions ...?  :-X

If you never intend to fly the plane, only install the AI version, and if you think you may fly the plane some day or from time to time, then only install the flyable version ...  ;)

sosezi

• Bombers ~ Old flying Buckets is my Love!
« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2018, 03:35:41 AM »

OKAY OKAY!!  :) :) :) I GOT IT WRONG!! lol I didn't put number of enemies so my Bombay didn't appeared when I pushed Customize enemy button

AI plane folder deleted and my post too (don't want someone go my way ;) ) and now only weapon folder and FLYABLE BOMBAY  is here
THANKS GUYS!!! MANY THANKS!!

sosezi

• Bombers ~ Old flying Buckets is my Love!
« Reply #58 on: December 26, 2018, 04:50:04 AM »

I notice that your illustration in the first post shows the Bombay with RAF roundels. My Bombay, flyable or SSP in BAT or VP modpack, will not take any markings of any nation. Any idea why this is?
:D
As it is mentioned under each image they are from Edlor.
If you look at the contents of the "summer" folder the skin has no marking.
So you have no problem.
Choose a new skin and turn it into a default skin!  ;)

I want to know how to change it in the "summer" folder
any program needed?

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #59 on: December 26, 2018, 05:32:54 AM »

Choose a new skin and turn it into a default skin!
I want to know how to change it in the "summer" folder
any program needed?
A software capable of converting TGA files to BMP files (1024x1024 indexed colors - 8 bits - without alpha channel).
And see here :
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,32805.msg351478.html#msg351478
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,13.0.html
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 24 queries.