Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: VIDEO: Hi/Low Def - B-26 Formation Takeoff from Sardinia - Target: Naples  (Read 957 times)

anitek

:) The Italy Map that comes with Il2 - whose accuracy leaves a little to be desired - is still immersive with some help.
This mission re-enacts the formation takeoffs done by the 419th Bomb Group in Sardinia.
The base is Porto Del Torres on the miniature Sardinia thus provided.
The target is an oil transfer wharf in Naples, Italy.
The weather is poor - that seems to spoil the 88's a little.
And..yeah..I know Stromboli is nowhere near Naples! ;)
FMB can be found here - https://bureauofinternallanduse.com/b-26-sardinia-naples-code/  :)
VP Modpack required - I have 4.12.2 patched to spec. This mission is ground object intensive - I added a lot of buildings so it looks alike a city..so that will affect FPS. The video is pretty much how it goes..run in altitude is about 13,400 ft - speed is about 240 MPH -
NOTE: It resets your flight formation to default on take off waypoint every time you re-start the mission - so you have to set it to "line abreast" each time and set the type of take off to "line" for the takeoff waypoint.
Tab 7/6/8 to program most flights to drop when you do etc..use time compression if you can't handle the long flight to the target and good luck.
and it will probably load you with the default skin.

alternate viewing link: 

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!

Great mission, cool video  8)

If it was in Black+White it could pass off as a WW2 film !
Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

anitek

>> max_thehitman: Thanks, Max! I'll have to try doing an entire video in black and white and see how that looks.  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 24 queries.