Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: CityBuilder and other funny programs  (Read 6223 times)

Nowekat

• Modder
Re: CityBuilder and other funny programs
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2018, 05:26:41 AM »

Thank you. This encourages me for some further improvements and and also fixes. Unfortunately i still don't know if these progs works for anybody else but me or if there are flaws. 

Nowekat

• Modder
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2018, 10:41:24 AM »

Version 2.1 you may download here:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/utc06i7usks20vl/CityBuilder2.1.zip

Placing of the square and garden objects is much improved here. They work hard to find a place for settlement now. This also allows to create alleys even with the Line of Trees object:

Objects and the defined space between them is painted again in different colours in the test1.tga.

There are some internal improvements.

I added also some objects to the Buildings.txt and the Special.txt.

I don't plan further development but suggestions are wellcome.

I had allways forgotten to explain one thing: Many objects in the objects lists are from vpmedia and the "big" static.ini. So you will need this to get all objects.

Nowekat

Nowekat

• Modder
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2018, 12:47:02 PM »

When starting this project i had a difficuilty with eccentricly rotating objects. I'm not the king of geometry and had not the patience to consider what accurately happens when such an object rotates. So i wrote a handling procedure that worked halfway, but was inaccurately and also caused collisions with other objects under some circumstances.

This afternoon suddenly the right geometric function came in my mind. So here is the fix:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ahv2084xy8p8d6a/Eccentricity_fix.zip

Just owerwrite the existing CityBuilder.exe and TextureRetriever.exe. No new version number is used.

Nowekat

Nowekat

• Modder
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2018, 02:07:33 PM »

The 3.degree.exe computes angles wrongly under some circumstances, so also the orientation of objects is wrong in this case. I'm sorry for that. The fixed program is here:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/obtmtzivyvaya7m/3.Degree_fix.zip

fritzofpeace

• semi-erect
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2018, 04:28:39 PM »

Hi, Nowekat.
Was just wondering if there are any re-done maps that could be downloaded by those of us who aren't map builders? What you've shown here has been very interesting!

Nowekat

• Modder
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2018, 11:50:22 AM »

Hallo, i don't think there is any map published in the moment. There may be only a handfull active IL 46 map moders worldwide. Also i think most of them have the programs meanwhile, this must not mean they will rework their maps. Also using the progs is fun, it's also not easy and still work. And they may have been disappointed be a flaw or two in the older versions. Newest version seems to be clean.

With the map i made, a desert map, i used the very first and very crude version of the prog. The towns nevertheless  arn't bad in my opinion. But i'm uncontend with the maps textures. Thats why i didn't pupblished it yet. But as this is the WIP-Area and i have no idea to make it better at the moment, i will do this tomorrow.

Next weekend i will rework the towns of the merged Monte Cassino/Anzio map. I will use the original town texture and have to see how this works. Hope i will make it in a day or two.

Are you interessed in a special map to rework? This may be the next one as i have no preferences here.

Nowekat

fritzofpeace

• semi-erect
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2018, 02:14:54 AM »

Thank you for your reply.
I realize how difficult a task map makers take on when they apply their art, so, no, I'm not really asking for anything specific.
Right now I'm focused on 1945 German-Russian front, but, any samples would be interesting. You mentioned your first shots of a desert map. Those were what got me interested, they were sharp.
Thank you for adding to this old game!

mandrill

• Modder
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2018, 08:22:37 AM »

I am building a stock British city with a template tex. The WiP is set out in these shots.

If Novekat is interested in working with me on a program to do this, I would be glad to cooperate. I also want to do German and French cities.

Nowekat

• Modder
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2018, 11:14:34 AM »

This is a modern map? Looks and sounds interesting. But it also seems to be a very big map, so in the best case i could help only a little bit. But in every case i'd like to knew more about this!

Nowekat

Nowekat

• Modder
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2018, 10:58:38 AM »

Version 2.2 is available. This is a fixed complete version, see the first posting.

Nowekat

Nowekat

• Modder
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2018, 11:54:29 AM »

There is a new parameter in the CityBuilder2.3.ini that switches the "House block feature" on and off. This feature allows to use different spacings in the same exture:

Define a general spacing in the ini as usual. Paint a one pixel line in colour RGB(255,0,21) around the area where you want to use an other spacing. This line must be closed, as otherwise this special spacing will be used everywere. For this the prog is checking if there is a brocken RGB(255,0,21) line and shows the xy-position of the broken location. This works properly only when lines are painted with a one pixel brush. Single points in colour RGB(255,0,21) are also showed. Fix these points by closing the line or deleting a single pixel.

To define the spacing used within these areas paint a spacing marking in colour RGB(255,0,0..20) somewhere in this area. It doesn' matter where. A single pixel is sufficiant. So a pixel in colour RGB(255,0,0) will define a spacing of "0" meter, colour (255,0,1) a spacing of one meter and so on. Maximum spacing is 20 meter with RGB(255,0,20). I choosed these coloures because it is quite unlikely that they may apear somewhere in a texture. The house block feature also works for the square & gardens areas in colour 75. Also interleaved areas with different spacings are working.

You may use the RGB8(255,0,0..20) lines also instead the usual RGB(1,1,1) lines to separate areas of diffend objects orientation. The 3.degree.exe recognize them as separation lines.

Also new is that you may exclude objects you don't want to use temporarly with a leading ";" before the objects name in the objects lists.

BTW: I found it usefull to use higher search intensity values up to several hundreds, especially if there is a little to less room for the biggest objects. The prog will place more smaller objects instead then.

This may be the last version of the CityBuilder as it seems to work quite well and i don't plan additional features at the moment.

As there are also some generel internal improvements i recomend to use this version also if you don't want to use the house block feature.

You may download this version here:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/840gdl1exlvc1r0/CityBuilder2.3.7z

Nowekat

Nowekat

• Modder
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2018, 09:12:38 AM »

Preparing a new buldings template i noticed a bad flaw in the version 2.3 of this program: It does not plant trees in white ground and under some circumstances the created inBuildings.txt is competly wrong. I did not notice this earlier as the last times i used no white space (amount of trees "0") but only the colour 75 for the trees. Well, the good news is, that nobody seemed to notice that flaw, also that may mean nobody ever used this program;-) But, if used or not, a program should work as it should, so here is the fixed version:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/cbc5llyvrwq91dd/CityBuilder2.3a.7z/file

The link in the first post is also updated. I hope the usual downloaders will download it agan and possibly also may use it some time.

I added a MWactors.static ready to use with the autopop map created with the actual parameters of the ini to the download and also the inBuildings.txt. I also added a "texture16.tga" to use with slot 16 of the autopop map, created with the textureretriever with the outBuildidings.txt made from the corresponding inBuildings.txt .

Nowekat
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 24 queries.