Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Edlor's Works  (Read 23520 times)

SAS~GJE52

• Editor
  • Orchard Studios
Re: Edlor's Works
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2018, 06:08:45 PM »

BV-155 will crash a 4.12 game at 30%, log indicates 'printCompassHeading' so cockpit class will need altering. 

I have had a quick look at this one, there are quite a few other bugs that need squashing with this one, currently it flies in 4.12.. but can't go near the ground atm ...  ;) no-one else has declared an interest so I am investigating.

However ...... if anyone else is working on this one please let me know - as my limited time is too precious to waste on duplicated effort.

G;
Do not criticise a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes...  Then you can call him what you like, as you have his shoes ... and he is a mile away......

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2018, 01:26:28 AM »

I have been working on making a existing aircraft skinnable, that has taken what little time I am able to use for anything these days, so I myself have not really had any time to do anything other than the brief tests mentioned which amounts to a little information found while trying to get these in game, good to know you will take a look at BV-155 Glynn. 8)

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2018, 02:34:37 AM »

The BV-155 works ok in my CUP install (which is 4.12.2m based), it doesnt have any markings tho! Be great if it could be skinned? Shame about the Fw190 cockpit too. Still a great job by Edlor tho bless him.
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB DDR6, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600Mhz, 256GB/500GB Crucial SSDs, Windows 10 64bit.

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2018, 03:04:18 PM »

The BV-155 works ok in my CUP install (which is 4.12.2m based), it doesnt have any markings tho! Be great if it could be skinned? Shame about the Fw190 cockpit too. Still a great job by Edlor tho bless him.

This BV-155 airplane already came with a skin-template in the download, but for HD-skins in sizes of 4096 x 4096.

Personally , I prefer to use the normal 1024x1024 skin sizes on the airplanes and only use larger skins for maps. That way I have
less weight on my game and have it running faster. My pc is very slow and antique  :P  :D

I am already at work on another skin-template version in the size of 1024x1024 and soon I will post it. Even though my templates and
skins are the normal size, I do try my best to keep in them as much details and realism as on the real aircraft. I already have detailed blueprints
of this rare aircraft + photos.
EDLOR did a great job on  the aircraft skin-parts which make up the other details, but on some, it looks like
 they were not finished.  I have already painted them to have more details and looked at some real photos of this airplane in construction
to make sure the details are included in them. - I will make these other skins available to everyone also,  when I finish the new template and
also create a selection of skins for a new "Summer" and "Winter" folders for the BV-155.
Most likely by this sunday afternoon everything will be finished and I will make a post here at SAS  :)

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

SAS~GJE52

• Editor
  • Orchard Studios
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2018, 04:13:03 PM »

Personally , I prefer to use the normal 1024x1024 skin sizes on the airplanes and only use larger skins for maps. That way I have
less weight on my game and have it running faster. My pc is very slow and antique   

Briefly, as this is not meant to be a tutorial, in my experience skin size, LODs and game performance are closely related. As long as the model is properly made and the LOD distances are realistic then high quality, 2048X2048 or even 4096x4096  skins do not slow the game down. Mesh sizes have less impact on the game than .tga size therefore it is even possible for a lazy 3d modder to duplicate the LOD0 mesh to LOD1 and even LOD2 as long as the associated .mat file points to properly sized skin1p and skin1q .tga files respectively.... But this is not ideal ..... In other words these look really good in close up and any loss in skin definition is not really noticeable beyond 100m

eg

[LOD]

The same is also true for the .D1, .D2 meshes etc

Oversize cockpit .tga files, too many .tga files with a single object mapped to them (rather than combine them into a single .tga) effect FRAPs and game performance far more.

At LOD3 the 3d mesh may as well be a single square as it only occupies a single screen pixel .........    :D :D.  A poorly made model will show in the game and fool those who don't know better, ( I cringe when I read some of the fawning comments that these mods illicit) however, a good model with a high def skin will not cause issues. It is the "quick and dirty" one LOD wonders that cause the problems.

Meshes that are larger than 3000 polys will be accepted by the game engine, however they cause drop outs and freezes when effects like explosions or cannon fire occur. It is not good practice to use them and they should always be avoided. If a mesh cannot be simplified then cut it into two... as long as the overall 30,000 poly model limit is not exceeded.

In other words ... put the blame on the wannabe 3d guys for poor LOD and .tga management ....  not the skin artists. ;) ;) .. ok .. rant mode off...  :D

G;
Do not criticise a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes...  Then you can call him what you like, as you have his shoes ... and he is a mile away......

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2018, 12:23:12 AM »

Wow thanks max looking forward to the weekend!
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB DDR6, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600Mhz, 256GB/500GB Crucial SSDs, Windows 10 64bit.

PhantomII

« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2018, 05:56:37 PM »

Hello everyone, I would like to propose a fix for the FJ-1. https://www.mediafire.com/file/l9tk1ex2vrnbhiz/FJ-1.7z/file
Just drop the FJ-1 folder into your 3do\plane folder and let it overwrite.
This is a fix for the loadouts. I am by no means a 3d guy and all I did was manually play around with the hooks on each one of them.
This is only temporary until something better can be done.

Hope this helps,
PhantomII

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2018, 09:40:26 PM »

Thank you very much PhantomII  8)
Very cool of you!
Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

Hubberranz

• Modder
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2018, 10:16:30 PM »

wooh ! That is awesome ! Thank you Phantom II  :D

dsawan

« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2018, 10:36:57 PM »

Hi, i to get the 100 percent crash. When you say move up those three clasfiles, how did you name them. I even tried deleting them and no go.if you can provide your example that would be great.Thx

Hubberranz

• Modder
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2018, 05:58:52 AM »

Hi, i to get the 100 percent crash. When you say move up those three clasfiles, how did you name them. I even tried deleting them and no go.if you can provide your example that would be great.Thx

!   !   FuryFiles_vs_JetWar - PriorityNeeded

Put a copy of each these three files inside the above.

0FAEB1B8550E6A76
B612C706BD1F0270
227904ECE93A2BB8

( Did not delete anything so this file could be turn off or on EZ ).
( What effect on Jetwar unknown, but hereby hopefully minimized. ).

tartenmuche

• Supporter
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2018, 06:31:26 AM »

Dear all,
the Bombay is a very pleasant aircraft, thank you Adam.
For the users: don't forget to down the gear when landing otherwise you crash.
Best regards.
Tart
Intel Core Duo E8400 3GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti, 2x2 gb DDR2 1066 mHZ
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 23 queries.