Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: = Victor's Sound Mod (VSM) = v5.0  (Read 31088 times)

Fresco23

• Part-Time Skinner
  • Modder
  • F.A.C. #23
Re: = Victor's Sound Mod (VSM) = v5.0
« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2019, 10:13:21 AM »

Not an expert in mods ... how to install it in the old and venerable DBW?  :)

Simply drop the folder containing the 2 folders: Presets and Samples into your games DBW folder. Run game. I always rename the folder to reflect which patch I have patched to.
cogito, ergo sum armatus

Ventura

« Reply #85 on: April 07, 2019, 11:02:08 PM »

EXCELLENT sound mod! including the updates!
The new MGs, Bomb explosions and new sounds of external doppler effect of passing AC is very well done.

One thing that seems quite low in comparison (IMHO) is the P-47 and the F6f. For such massive engines they almost seem to hum rather than roar. I'll defer to your research on the sounds if you deem them proper.

azura

« Reply #86 on: April 08, 2019, 06:35:28 PM »

Could anyone tell me the sound name of '.prs' for aircraft weapon HVAR? I could slightly hear that shooting sound.

victor639514

• Modder
« Reply #87 on: April 14, 2019, 10:38:10 AM »

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,61121.0.html

!!!BRAND NEW VERSION OF MY SOUND MOD HERE!!!
Hey, get that inertia started!

221teddy

« Reply #88 on: August 15, 2019, 11:58:58 PM »

Just pop the #VSM_5.0 folder into your MODS folder and off you go!

Hi Victor,
I need some help: when dropping the #VSM_5.0 folder in the main VP mod directory (no additional mods) nothing happens to my VP mod installation. No change of the VP sound. By dropping the content of the "presets" folder and the "samples" folder into the corresponding "my_presets" and "my-samples" folder, there are some changes of engine sound and so on. What I am doing wrong?

Teddy

bweiß

« Reply #89 on: October 18, 2019, 11:39:30 AM »

Having some strange things happen with the MediaFire link for VSM 5.0 patch 5.4.2. My Win 8.1, IE V11, Smart Screen filter will not allow a dl of said patch. All others including VSM 5.0 dl fine. But 5.4.2 sets off a smartscreen filter alarm and refuses to dl. Tried multiple times and get a SmartScreen refusal (anti-viral or unsafe, or had a hiccup). 

UPDATE: Well so I tried one more time before I was going to give up and bingo! No smartscreen filter warning, 5.4.2, downloaded just fine, I've scanned it multiple times for virus and malware in the zip and nada.

I tell ya, there's something strange going on with MediaFire. Well, maybe someone is hijacking and redirecting the links. But it seems to me the harassment pages or redirects follow the same routine as the MediaFire ad pop-ups. So it's like the issue "is" with MediaFire. I either get one or the other, an ad or a harassment page but not both at the same time. All manner of non-sense. I guess what one can get out of this is to just be aware of mediafire dl's and potential redirects asking you to dl something else or worse, and use ctl-alt-del, task mgr, end task, to end the harassment pop-up/redirect pages. Never a good idea to "click" on anything on a spam page as it might trigger an unwanted download. Just do an immediate kill of the link through task manager.

Not sure what is up with Mediafire but it has gotten far worse in the last few months. Not just SAS links, but links across the board for lots of game related mod dl's. None of these fake pages or redirects have resulted in anything beyond just being a nuisance thankfully, and all file contents have been just fine.

modlife

• http://www.mediafire.com
« Reply #90 on: March 03, 2020, 12:38:30 AM »

This video with v5.0 sound:  https://www.bilibili.com/video/av93047832

SAS~tsisqua

• Tsisqua Tsigawonisgi, but you can call me Bird!
« Reply #91 on: October 28, 2020, 08:40:35 AM »

Working fine in BAT 4.1
I know that this is an old thread, but thank you!
"When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite." Winston Churchill

221teddy

« Reply #92 on: April 05, 2021, 09:27:41 AM »

Just pop the #VSM_5.0 folder into your MODS folder and off you go!

Hi Victor,
I need some help: when dropping the #VSM_5.0 folder in the main VP mod directory (no additional mods) nothing happens to my VP mod installation. No change of the VP sound. By dropping the content of the "presets" folder and the "samples" folder into the corresponding "my_presets" and "my-samples" folder, there are some changes of engine sound and so on. What I am doing wrong?

Teddy

Hi everybody,

even though this post is quite old. Can anybody give me an answer to my question?
I like the VP mod very much (my preferred mod: from a graphic point of view even better than BAT - imo; and almost 100% compatibility with stock game missions and campaigns up to version 4.12.2) but the sounds are a little bit disappointing compared to BAT even by applying VSM 5.0 in the mentioned way.

Regards,

Thomas

urmel

« Reply #93 on: April 05, 2021, 10:34:15 AM »

Thanks for the new version.

FL2070

• Modder
  • FAC #87
« Reply #94 on: April 06, 2021, 07:39:48 PM »

I need some help: when dropping the #VSM_5.0 folder in the main VP mod directory (no additional mods) nothing happens to my VP mod installation.

It could be that:
- You've put the #VSM_5.0 folder in the wrong folder (it goes in the #SAS folder)
- You've put the wrong folder in the #SAS folder (make sure that the folder which you've put in the #SAS folder has the folders "presets" and "samples" directly in it, not in any subfolders)
- The mod priority of VSM is below the mod priority of the cannibalized JTSM2 which is used by VP modpack

The third possibility is the most likely. Read about mod loading priority here.
On average, the average average averages, averagely, the average average of all averages.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 23 queries.