Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Battle of the Atlantic"  (Read 1865 times)

DHumphrey

• Missioneer
  • Campaign / Mission Builder
Re: "Battle of the Atlantic"
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2018, 09:08:16 PM »

To run in BAT with the Sunderland one can edit the .mis files in DHumphrey's great campaign to replace the static H8 text with Sunderland text and the H8 Skin with a Sunderland skin. The first mission is the only one which flies the Sunderland and this can be edited in the .mis file as well. The other 4 or 5 missions with Sunderlands have them alongside the docks at Plymouth. I have edited the missions for personal use using the Default\with\more\detail.bmp skin for dockside and for the flyable Sunderland in mission 1:   skin0 210SQN-E-1940.bmp with Class air.Short_Sunderland. With DHumphrey's permission I would be happy to post his campaign with my Sunderland edits for any takers using BAT.
Absolutely Mechanic … feel free to offer the campaign with the Sunderland mod … very much appreciated !!!

BAT users enjoy the campaign  :)
Sincerely, DHumphrey

Flying H

• "And you can fly, high as a kite if you want to..
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2018, 02:19:31 PM »

Thank you guys for the campaign and the edits!
And you can fly, high as a kite, if you want to.........

mechanic

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2018, 06:02:38 PM »

Here is my Sunderland friendly BAT version.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/g4ohl8zlj5lunfi/Battle_Atlantic_BAT_Version.rar/file

Just swap the extracted folder from the Battle_Atlantic_BAT_Version.rar file for DHumphrey's Battle_Atlantic folder in the Missions/Campaign/GB folder

A couple of notes:
In my BAT set-up I am missing some objects called out in the DHumphrey original campaign (ships.HMSTribal and vehicles:Bedford). I don't know where to/did not look for these (i.e. I don't know if they are in BAT) when I edited the .mis files. So if the missing items message shows up I can only apologize.
The Sunderland skins were just personal choice and I can't vouch for historical theatre accuracy. Happy to edit if someone can identify a more appropriate skin.
The Sunderland skins I used were created by talented others. I just called the .bmp files from my PaintSchemes/Skins folder in the .mis text and again used them as personal choice.
In Mission 1 DHumphrey's briefing calls for 2 Torpedoes but my Sunderland weapons in BAT did not have torpedoes so I substituted depth charges.
I obviously have to teach myself a thing or two to edit properly but please enjoy flying and gazing at the Sunderlands.

Mechanic

DHumphrey

• Missioneer
  • Campaign / Mission Builder
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2018, 08:18:09 PM »

Thank you Mechanic for putting together the updated BAT version !!! This will allow quite a few more folks to experience this campaign. Your work is very much appreciated.  :)
Sincerely, DHumphrey
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 25 queries.