Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: WxTech P-39 Cockpit for Stock P-39N-1 (and D-1, D-2, P-400)  (Read 16482 times)

henkypenky

• BAT 4.2 Flashpoint & WAW
Re: WxTech P-39 Cockpit for Stock P-39N-1 (and D-1, D-2, P-400)
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2018, 05:48:55 AM »

I'm with you on this too Wx, the cockpit is what you see all the time so any improvement there is worth its weight in gold. Hope to see more masterpieces from you in the ( I hope near) future.

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2018, 10:14:24 AM »

Well put Wx I only wish I had the ability to do this stuff😟
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB DDR6, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, 256GB/500GB Crucial SSDs, Windows 10 64bit.

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2018, 10:48:10 AM »

I did forget to include in the 'readme' the following. When you turn on the red cabin light you'll see the upper part of the gun sight's polygons flickering, as though lit by a very unstable candle. I think this because the light source as located is too close to that part of the sight. The stock sight was just far enough forward, I guess, to not suffer this.

But I refuse to incorrectly locate the sight farther forward in order to avoid this flicker. If this is indeed the case. If someone could tweak the requisite file which places the light source and thereby end this, I'd be awfully appreciative.
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)

Toobone

• Mapper
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2018, 06:55:09 AM »

Working with Karabasas P-39N1-f.m. too ]thumleft[ ]salut[ ]hello2[ ]cheers[
PS: some effect only...

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2018, 12:10:54 PM »

Tooboone,
Note that the pilot's position as drawn in the cockpit and as seen from outside is not tied to the POV. When comparing sight lines w.r.t. the 'pit and externals, try to locate the POV, and ascertain true perpendiculars to use as references. Wide FOVs can add a bit of difficulty here.

In any event, it may be the case that the 'pit is located several forward of its correct position w.r.t. the external model. I didn't concern myself with this at all because no incongruity called attention to itself.

If you want to refine things to your own tastes, simply apply the same delta to the relevant number for all cockpit elements in hier.him whose parent is the _ROOT_.
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)

Treetop64

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2018, 06:59:32 PM »

I'm not surprised at all of the excellent quality of your P-39 cockpit, given the miracles you performed in the F4F.  No less blown away by the differences, however.

Bravo!

]hello2[

ordway

• "Fly low and slow"
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2018, 03:43:35 PM »

Thank You! The P-39 of any of the il-2 aircraft so needed this cockpit change!

karo

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2018, 06:57:37 AM »

I love Wxtech's P-39 cockpit and I spend a lot of time in it (during my digital flying). Unfortunately, I've found some minor problems in it. They are not connected to WxTech’s work, but they are old issues done by Maddox team. Anyway, I hope that somebody will fix them soon... Here is the list:
1. The reduction gear oil pressure gauge (left down, at the parking brake handle) shows the wrong indication - all time underpressure (40 pounds). According to the P-39 pilot notes (P-39-Q-1, s.13), the correct indication should be in a range between 70-190 pounds. It corresponds to the green area of the gauge.
2. The propeller pitch lever moves in the opposite direction than it is supposed to (max RPM full forward, according to the USAF movie on YT and the textures in the cockpit).
3. The landing gear lights (red and green) don't work properly. The red seems to be connected to the power lever rather than to the landing gear. The green doesn't flash at all.
4. The lack of the mirror (the old photos prove that it was in the cockpit).

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2018, 05:21:10 PM »

Oh yeah, I've long noted numerous gauges in many cockpits which do not reflect actual measurements, but instead are fixed to some set value. It might be that some parameters are not considered or calculated by the FM, and hence cannot have their associated gauge reflect anything other than some 'fake' output just for appearances' sake.

I'm barely at the chimp level in Java coding, and as yet have little if any skill in addressing gauge output. If no one else attacks these issues where addressable, perhaps at some (hopefully not too far flung) time in the future I might be at a state where I could get to grips with it.

But I do have more pressing priorities; improving the basic cockpits for the P-40s, Buffalos and Hellcats, to name just a few.

karo

« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2018, 11:27:01 AM »

Oh yeah, I've long noted numerous gauges in many cockpits which do not reflect actual measurements, but instead are fixed to some set value. It might be that some parameters are not considered or calculated by the FM, and hence cannot have their associated gauge reflect anything other than some 'fake' output just for appearances' sake.
You are absolutely right! I am 100% sure that this oil pressure gauge is permanently fixed (I put it to the test). I don't want it to be calculated by FM (might be impossible), but rather to be fixed at proper/right indication (e.g. 100-120). 

If no one else attacks these issues where addressable, perhaps at some (hopefully not too far flung) time in the future I might be at a state where I could get to grips with it.
I keep my fingers crossed ;)

improving the basic cockpits for the P-40s, Buffalos and Hellcats
WOW! :o  Are you going to give us a new, beautiful Xmas gift? :D

SE.VH_KNOKE

• "Speed is Life" but a good sight can help you
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2018, 11:52:53 AM »

Although it isn't commented, this Mod is 100% HSFX Compatible? If YES, how can I to install It?

mikojan3

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2018, 01:46:34 PM »

Although it isn't commented, this Mod is 100% HSFX Compatible? If YES, how can I to install It?
i have in all my installation hsfx ypack vpmod worked very fine
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 27 queries.