Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: WxTech P-39 Cockpit for Stock P-39N-1 (and D-1, D-2, P-400)  (Read 1869 times)

WxTech

• Modder
Re: WxTech P-39 Cockpit for Stock P-39N-1 (and D-1, D-2, P-400)
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2018, 03:36:27 AM »

I can't say at this moment where the Spit might figure into future plans. So much to do!

This is why I pine for more modders to exert effort on improving the *core* game content. To me, far more important are good cockpits than are slick external models which you don't normally see well enough from the 'pit to warrant such refinement. Save the less crucial niceties for later, after fixing that stuff you *do* see up close and all the time. Well, if it's to be a player's sim and not a movie maker's platform. ;)

And by *core*, I mean WWII principally. It's wonderful the expansion into older and more recent eras that has occurred, greatly expanding the game so as to appeal to a wider range of interest. But for me this shouldn't come at the price of neglecting the foundational concept and content--The Big One, WWII.

We see truly awesome jet cockpits, for example, being built these days. Which makes all the sadder the acceptance of those earlier 'pits from the game's glory days to continue to languish in their original, crude simplicity. The basic work is done. And in general things have been improved via the application of 'lipstick' to these old sows. But with some 3-D tweaks--and not necessarily to particularly great extent--they can be brought up to a rather more pleasing standard.

henkypenky

• BAT, WAW & 3.4 Linebacker
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2018, 05:48:55 AM »

I'm with you on this too Wx, the cockpit is what you see all the time so any improvement there is worth its weight in gold. Hope to see more masterpieces from you in the ( I hope near) future.

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2018, 10:14:24 AM »

Well put Wx I only wish I had the ability to do this stuff😟
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, Gainward windforce OC GTX 960 2GB, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, 256GB Crucial SSD, 500GB Seagate HDD, LG M Disc DVD rewriter, Windows 10 64bit.

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2018, 10:48:10 AM »

I did forget to include in the 'readme' the following. When you turn on the red cabin light you'll see the upper part of the gun sight's polygons flickering, as though lit by a very unstable candle. I think this because the light source as located is too close to that part of the sight. The stock sight was just far enough forward, I guess, to not suffer this.

But I refuse to incorrectly locate the sight farther forward in order to avoid this flicker. If this is indeed the case. If someone could tweak the requisite file which places the light source and thereby end this, I'd be awfully appreciative.

Toobone

• Mapper
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2018, 06:55:09 AM »

Working with Karabasas P-39N1-f.m. too ]thumleft[ ]salut[ ]hello2[ ]cheers[
PS: some effect only...

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2018, 12:10:54 PM »

Tooboone,
Note that the pilot's position as drawn in the cockpit and as seen from outside is not tied to the POV. When comparing sight lines w.r.t. the 'pit and externals, try to locate the POV, and ascertain true perpendiculars to use as references. Wide FOVs can add a bit of difficulty here.

In any event, it may be the case that the 'pit is located several forward of its correct position w.r.t. the external model. I didn't concern myself with this at all because no incongruity called attention to itself.

If you want to refine things to your own tastes, simply apply the same delta to the relevant number for all cockpit elements in hier.him whose parent is the _ROOT_.

Treetop64

« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2018, 06:59:32 PM »

I'm not surprised at all of the excellent quality of your P-39 cockpit, given the miracles you performed in the F4F.  No less blown away by the differences, however.

Bravo!

]hello2[

ordway

• "Fly low and slow"
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2018, 03:43:35 PM »

Thank You! The P-39 of any of the il-2 aircraft so needed this cockpit change!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 27 queries.