Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is the m6a1 meant to be landed?  (Read 3072 times)

denko9001

Re: Is the m6a1 meant to be landed?
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2018, 02:40:54 PM »

Ha, interesting!

I did a round starting and landing, so I never "retracted gear" in the first place. That's why it "seemed" to work
So does that mean, there is no need for a fix at all, rather just to remember to deploy gear before landing?
The plane is probably coded so that the landing gear (even though it's invisible) is required so that you don't fall through the water. There's a few planes like that that have invisible gear but I can't remember which.

SAS~GJE52

• Editor
  • Orchard Studios
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2018, 04:28:12 PM »

now that you have given more information on your issue ..... From what you say it would appear that this aircraft was created from a model that originally had a conventional undercarriage. The guy who created it did change the appropriate line in the FM to typeseaplane - otherwise it would crash when landing on water while now it crashes on land  ;) . Changing the FM does not deactivate the gear animation. What I think he either forgot or was not skilled enough to do was remove the existing gear animation code from the class-file, which would allow him to remove the associated undercarriage meshes rather than just hide them and re-position the 3 clip hooks ( ClipCGear, ClipLGear and ClipRGear ) to a "fixed" mesh or meshes - usually the new floats.  something like ........

[Hooks]
_ClipCGear <BASE>
_ClipLGear <BASE>
_ClipRGear <BASE>

[HookLoc]
1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1     0  -0.3  0.244    //_ClipCGear
1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1     1.075 2 0.244    //_ClipLGear
1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1    -1.075 2  0.244    //_ClipRGear

for example

Just re-positioning the 3 hooks could still solve the problem without delving into the class-files...... but .... I am a mere 3d guy so what do I know ? .. however, it would not be a difficult job for a good "java guru" to correct it.

IMHO of course .....  ;)

G;

Do not criticise a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes...  Then you can call him what you like, as you have his shoes ... and he is a mile away......

CWatson

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2018, 05:52:24 PM »

The guy who created it did change the appropriate line in the FM to typeseaplane appropriate line in the FM to typeseaplane - otherwise it would crash when landing on water while now it crashes on land  ;) .

Sorry you are incorrect. The value Seaplane is in flight model, but that is not the value being discussed.
Near the top of the classfile is the "implements" line. In the version by original creator seen here, https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,35097.0.html the mother class named M6A only shows implement TypeStormovik. In the child class named M6A1 only shows implement TypeDiveBomber. You also need in the M6A1 classfile the implement TypeSailplane if game is 409, 410 or 411. If your game is 412 or 413 you will need TypeSeaplane.

Without the correct TypeSea/SailPlane implement the plane will try to land at an airfield. The fix I posted links to will correct this.

Changing the FM does not deactivate the gear animation.
This is also incorrect. In the FM you will find the value CUndercarriage.

CUndercarriage 1 will activate landing gear animation if it is also coded in the classfile.   If you change it to CUndercarriage 0 it will deactivate gear animation even if it is coded in the classfile.

What needs to been done to correct the issues correctly is make sure the under carriage control is deactivated in the FM by making the value 0, correct implement TypeSeaplane or Sailplane added in the classfile, and make sure clips are correct.

Odd there was such an issue with the CUndercarriage value and clips with what they are downloading. I never noticed this in the version I have had for some time do not recall having either issue and I never corrected them for my install. Guess I will have to take a look.

CWatson

SAS~GJE52

• Editor
  • Orchard Studios
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2018, 08:38:03 PM »

You are correct, face palm, my bad, the undercarriage can be deactivated in the FM, and probably should be.

TypeSailplane if game is 409, 410 or 411. If your game is 412 or 413 you will need TypeSeaplane. 
this is a red herring as it only affects the AI behaviour. It may need correcting, true,  but has no bearing on the problem as described.

The symptoms described point to a clip hook being placed in one of the still active but hidden gear meshes as I said.

Hopefully it will be sorted now.
Do not criticise a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes...  Then you can call him what you like, as you have his shoes ... and he is a mile away......
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 22 queries.