Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: " White Sun, Blue Sky " - a 71 mission campaign !  (Read 9629 times)

wheelsup_cavu

• Mission4Today
Re: " White Sun, Blue Sky " - a 71 mission campaign !
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2012, 09:25:16 PM »

I started flying campaigns only about two weeks ago. This is just about one of the best IMHO. Are there any more where this came from?

Thanks tater. Glad you like it

I only ever released White Sun, Blue Sky, and When Tigers Could Fly.

When Tigers Could Fly was my first try. It was OK but as I made it I learned how to do (and how not to do) a lot of things in campaigns, and so I made White Sun Blue Sky, to replace it. WSBS uses everything from WTCF, so WTCF isn't worth downloading- if you can find it. I still like the name though. I had started a project I was calling "Langestrasse", which would have been a full-war Bf109 campaign, from Poland to the defense of the Reich, would have been over a hundred missions, but my partner on that couldn't devote the time

Mission4Today has lots of great campaigns though

Try "The Legend of Y29" (which is available as a modded campaign too) or anything by PhilK, or anything by FlatSpinMan. Other notable authors are Extreme_One (he and Poymando made the very first battle of Britain campaign for Il2:Forgotten battles, called "Battle over Britain", using the Gulf of Finland map, which actually worked out well). It's an old campaign though. Extreme_One also made "Two little DUCs" which I think is great. Also, Bird_Brain made some great campaigns too, but they are older now, although still very good.

Right now I like campaigns made by Poltava. Good mix of opponents and mission types

The "When Tigers Could Fly" campaign is still available at the the old UBI missions page. It is still the first one on the list.
http://il2-sturmovik.de.ubi.com/en/missions.php
There are also a few other Missions and campaigns I haven't seen at M4T.

Wheels

asheshouse

• SAS Team
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2012, 05:31:03 AM »

White Sun, Blue Sky is still one of my favourite all time campaigns.
Great work.

Ashe

ridwancemen

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2016, 05:55:00 PM »

WSBS is a masterpice. Thank you for giving us great experiences in this great campaign.

VonWaffen

• Modder
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2016, 09:28:58 PM »

this is a amazing campaign , one of the best i ever try ,  should be rework with all the new maps available and adding the new plane too ,it will be even better , it s a classic,  truly a most for IL2
The enemy is stupid. Believing it's us the enemy,when it's him

flyer138

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2016, 09:25:11 AM »

Yes, this one is a great campaign; very immersive and detailed.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.012 seconds with 25 queries.