Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Battle for Kursk South Flank _IL-2M  (Read 1764 times)

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
Battle for Kursk South Flank _IL-2M
« on: May 03, 2018, 02:54:40 PM »

Kursk IL2 Title by CzechTexan, on Flickr

Download:  http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=2552

An 18-mission campaign based on historical events in which you will fly an IL-2M Sturmovik in the battles for Oboyan and Prokhorovka in the Battle of Kursk, July 5-15, 1943.

This campaign is built on Cyberolas' re-textured Prokhorovka map in the VPModpack for IL-2 v4.12 https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,30716.0.html
Thank You, Cyberolas!

This campaign should work fine on any mod pack install that has Cyberolas' Prokhorovka map and is capable of using taxi-takeoff and takeoff in pairs/line.
If using the stock Prokhorovka map there may be issues!

*if playing in the normal stock IL-2 1946 - there may be problems because of the map's different "static" objects.

MORE THAN JUST PROKHOROVKA.
This 18-mission campaign represents my take on the Battle of Kursk on its southern flank during the ten day time period of 5-15 July 1943. There were many other large battles leading up to the famous "Prokhorovka Tank Battle" which has overshadowed everything else. In this campaign I hoped to shed some light on the other forgotten battles which can be followed on a day-by-day basis.

The front lines are historical to make it easier to follow the flow of the battle.
Historically, the weather during the Battle of Kursk was sometimes rainy and very cloudy. I tried to represent this as best as possible. I also used low clouds to simulate the very smoky battlefields with low visibility.

Hopefully, users will have very good computers because some of the battles are huge and use much memory. I noticed that smoke really lowers my frame rates. I tried to limit the number of aircraft to help with the problem.

Book credits:
The Battle of Kursk by Glantz and House
Kursk - The Air Battle by Christer Bergstrom

Skin Credits:
I made four new skins for the IL-2M-Late and one new skin for the La-5FN using vpmedia's templates.
Most other planes use default skins because vpmedia's default skins are so great.
THANK YOU, vpmedia!

Panzer attack at Novoselovka
Kursk 16 by CzechTexan, on Flickr

Kursk 13 by CzechTexan, on Flickr

Kursk 2 by CzechTexan, on Flickr

Toobone

• Mapper
Re: Battle for Kursk South Flank _IL-2M
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 03:21:57 AM »

Thanx a lot, impressive job! ]thumleft[ ]salut[ ]cheers[

Dimlee

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 01:34:13 PM »

Many thanks for another campaign. Hope to try it in BAT soon.

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2018, 03:45:15 PM »

WOW! Battle of Kursk!
 I am going to fly that map real quick!
Many thanks CzechTexan

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 21 queries.