Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GTP Archive Extractor for IL-2 Great Battles aka "Battle of Stalingrad"  (Read 5305 times)

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU

Hi folks,

here is the tool needed to extract files from IL-2 Great Battles "GTP" archives, quite what we used to know as "SFS" archives in IL-2 1946:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/caxpalaudz1hd47/unGTP-IL2.zip

Author: AnKor.
Original Release Post: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/34697-mod-discussion/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-592189

Cheers!
Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

SAS~GJE52

• Editor
  • Orchard Studios

I read the release thread  ........ So .. what does this actually mean to us mere mortals?

Given our conversation in another thread here, does this take us any closer to content creation and how much will be "modable" ?

G;
Do not criticise a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes...  Then you can call him what you like, as you have his shoes ... and he is a mile away......

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU

No, not at all.
Using this tool you can unpack files from GTP archives and put them into their dedicated folder in the game's "data" folder.
Whether or not the game will read the files from there (instead doing so straight from the GTP archives) is solely up to the game.
Currently it will only accept plain text files, textures and a couple of sounds (for instance voice files).
And even that only works when you activate the "Mods on" mode, which in turn effectively keeps you from fyling online with others who have not enabled mods.

Cheers!
Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

SAS~GJE52

• Editor
  • Orchard Studios

And even that only works when you activate the "Mods on" mode, which in turn effectively keeps you from fyling online with others who have not enabled mods.   
Knowing the guys here, I would expect a basic "Clowns Mod Pack" to be put together to address this anyway....  ;)   I guess it is down to someone like AnKor "hacking in" to see if a work-around for the other problems can be found. 

It may not be a easy as it is now with ole '46 but I am sure that once guys start the ball rolling things will develop as they did before....   :P    the question is ... is that good or bad ?

G;
Do not criticise a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes...  Then you can call him what you like, as you have his shoes ... and he is a mile away......
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 26 queries.