Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Manfred von Richthofen, 100 years.  (Read 4908 times)

Von Libin

• Daniel "TJ" von Libin
    • Simus-Paradise
Manfred von Richthofen, 100 years.
« on: April 21, 2018, 01:46:57 PM »

Today, 21 April 2018, is the anniversary of the death of the greatest ace of all time, Manfred von Richthofen, 80 victories homologated on a wooden airplane.
On this occasion, I looked a little on the web and I found a beautiful page that I recommend you specifically:

https://verdun-meuse.fr/index.php?qs=fr/ressources/biographie-du-mois---decembre-2011janvier-201

It is in French, but you will probably find the way to translate it, it's worth it.

Already a century, we are few things ...

Hans-Joachim Marseille

Re: Manfred von Richthofen, 100 years.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 10:46:00 PM »

Immortal. And there is a good movie out there "The Red Baron" from 2008 that I can recommend. It is nicely made. MVR truly was unique and aviation owes him and all the other heroes of that time. A lot. They were more than brave to fly in those fragile wooden crates, yet coffins. We shall remember and also fly in our game to salute him and the others. He would have loved that...
"United we stand against Evil." #FCKPTN. #SlavaUkraini

Von Libin

• Daniel "TJ" von Libin
    • Simus-Paradise
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 03:06:29 PM »

Thanks to answer, it's appreciated.
I know this movie, it's good film.
But personnaly I prefer "Von Richthofen and Brown" from 1971.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Von_Richthofen_and_Brown

In this movie, all is true and there is no special effects. Actors are filmed inside real WW1 planes in fly and the combat scenes are true. During the filming, a pilot even killed himself for a low-altitude scene...(i'm unable to found the links about it, sorry).

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 10:05:50 PM »

Shakaali

• Missioneer
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2018, 01:12:25 PM »

The same in Finnish with a nice music video  ;)

And a book worth reading:

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/41159?
"A truth ceases to be true when more than one person believes in it." -Oscar Wilde

Hans-Joachim Marseille

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2018, 06:43:53 AM »

@von Libin: I now watched the "movie" and all I can say is: "You cannot be serious!" (Quote Big Mac). So "everything is true" in that movie!? Well I guess the makers must have lived in a parallel universe or had been smoking a whole lotta flowers and mushrooms. Geez - sry but that flic is total BS. At least I know how MVR died. And especially not in a biplane.And FYI I suggest you google some and maybe you will be enlightened as well. Oh and I also suggest to watch that 2008 movie - it is not that bad as...   o_O
"United we stand against Evil." #FCKPTN. #SlavaUkraini

Von Libin

• Daniel "TJ" von Libin
    • Simus-Paradise
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2018, 12:36:27 PM »

@ Marseille: I saw it, it's filled with digital aerial scenes!
The film of which I speak was shot in real conditions, in flight. The actors were placed behind the pilot to have authentic effects. A stunt pilot killed himself by shooting a scene at low altitude. It's not real? But if you prefer the 2008, very good movie too, I will not even try to convince you.

xRobNx

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2019, 02:25:04 PM »

You know what is a bit terrible? His modern ancestors who consisted of 2 parents and I think 2 daughters or 1, anyhow the eldest daughter murdered both parents and is in Brazil serving life. What a pretty sh*tty way to end a legend of a family name :/

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder
    • UberDemon's Website
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2019, 08:00:29 PM »

Being Brazilian myself... man must everything horrible be from Brazil in the Internet?  Everyone knows that everything horrible is from Argentina!  :P :P :P :P ;D

But yes.  That is sad.  What matters is that MVR was an honorable person.  At that, he was one I have admired my entire life (let's say I am much older than you may think...).  I like the older movies but the latest movie on him is not that bad (if you can overlook the hordes of red triplanes...  I was surprised to dig into history and find that most of the stuff about the nurse was true.  And I'd like to see more of that (in the voice of Pedro from Napoleon Dynamite)
Best Regards, UberDemon/danzigzag, Get UQMG at http://www.uberdemon.net

CDS025_DOGO

• Saludos Camaradas
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2019, 06:40:41 PM »

Being Brazilian myself... man must everything horrible be from Brazil in the Internet?  Everyone knows that everything horrible is from Argentina!  :P :P :P :P ;D

]protest[

;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 22 queries.