Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C 47 behaviour  (Read 907 times)

tartenmuche

• Supporter
C 47 behaviour
« on: April 18, 2018, 08:21:04 AM »

Dear all,
I installed recently the Next Generation Hud from Whistler, it is very helpful, and also the Chute mod from Dreamk, it is very spectacular.
I launched a QMB mission with the C 47 1936 loaded and surprisingly I got a big red G in the left corner warning me that my G level was high. I was flying horizontally.
It is not the first time that I notice a strange behaviour of this aircraft, in other missions I have to fly with the stick in the stomach and full throttle to get it climbing.
During the landing with full flaps down , you need to act on the throttle to avoid stalling, the stick doesn't help. It is strange.
Does this behaviour correspond to the actual behaviour of the C47?
Best regards.
Tart
Intel Core Duo E8400 3GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti, 2x2 gb DDR2 1066 mHZ

whistler

• Modder
Re: C 47 behaviour
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 09:20:34 AM »

Before any reply is posted, allow me a quick explanation about the G-warning in NG-HUD.

During development I noticed I got G-warnings in bumpy terrains: gear hits the ground, the aircraft bounces and you get blinking G-alerts. It is 'realistic' if you ask me, but hardly useful. In order to prevent that from happening I modified the G-warning so that it is only calculated when speed is higher than (Vmin * 1.3). The rest of the code remained unaltered.

This may or not be related to the post. I don't know, but I thought it would be good to have the info.

@tartenmuche, I think it would help if you share all the conditions of your flight (map, mission, situation, fuel, loadouts/cargo...)
NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

tartenmuche

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 09:56:41 AM »

Dear Whistler,
hereunder the infos:
Bat WAW3
QMB
C47 1936
6 containerUS_4xType A5+2TypeA6
1000 m
BAT MTO
I am unable to get the aircraft climbing, get the red G and an awful noise in the cabin.
Hope it will help.
Regards.
Tart
Intel Core Duo E8400 3GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti, 2x2 gb DDR2 1066 mHZ

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 10:23:46 AM »

Tart!

the behaviour you have noticed corresponds with my experiences "flying" the C-47 i QMB missions...it seems the FM is just a generic basic one, not very advanced and not useful for flying...the same can be said for the Avenger and the B-17...until someone makes a new FM for these birds, we are stuck with what we got though unfortunately...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 22 queries.