Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Historical Chutes, Aerial Containers & Paratroopers Pack - Part 1  (Read 11666 times)

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
Re: Historical Chutes, Aerial Containers & Paratroopers Pack - Part 1
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2018, 09:36:47 AM »

awesome mod, mate, thanks!
if i have one tiny complaint, it's only that with so many cool US/British loads, it's a pity that there is no corresponding Allied AC for them to be utilised with.
No doubt, it's simply a matter of time before that is remedied, so not really even a complaint, just an observation, lol.
again, many thanks, will be using this for sure :D
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

Dreamk

• Modder
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2018, 11:20:26 AM »

Not only Allied AC (we have presently the DC3, the Halifax the Liberator and the Mitchell that were used to drop supplies - I need to make cod files for these  - but we lack the Albermale and the Stirling) - I am going to upload the 2nd part of this mod which will include the Japanese air dropped containers and the Mitsubishi Ki-47 Topsy and the Nakajima Ki-34 Thora are acutely lacking.

Piotrek1

• SAS IL BYTES BACK
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2018, 02:18:49 PM »

for German containers there is a problem there is not some coloring template, according to my research as the basic color was RLM 2, otherwise colorful coloring can not give any template. each unit is coloring for a specific action
And the only thing that can be taken as a template is the colored stripes on the containers
they were mostly from one to four stripes of the same color - and that was how I thought they were being planted from the Ju 52 - and more than 4 pieces were not going to the Ju-52 rectory, and there were gear and armament for 12 soldiers
I agree, there is no uniform template, and since it would be necessary to create a new template for each operation, it is difficult to propose a good solution here.

Dreamk

• Modder
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2018, 05:28:48 AM »

I have succeeded to put a hand on suitable documentation concerning new containers, that will shortly appear in Il2 as the 2nd part of this pack - here're some photos and details of the forecoming goodies:

1) The original Michlastbehalter-1000 (720kg payload) - it was replaced in 1943 by the Abwurfbehalter 1000 based on LMB aerial mines bodies, that were readily available, and apparently less complex and less expensive to produce in numbers.
It so happens that an example of the original Michlastbehalter-1000 is in the collection of the national Army Museum in Prague (They just closed the museum for renovation...and it is planned to remain closed for 4 years!) but they have began to digitize their collections and it's a great thing:

2) The main airdrop container used by Hungarian Paratroops:

3) Soviet containers: PD-MM-42 (PD-MM-100) , UPD-MM, PDBB-100, PDBB-250

4) Japanese containers - I found the Osprey booklets on Japanese paratroops as sadly misleading, with interpretations of some frames of newsreels or propaganda movies that are not really consistent between them and between the interpretation of the authors of these booklets - moreover, it appears that there are good photographs and even surviving example of ww2 Japanese airdrop containers in US and Australian national archives and in private collections - these enable to understand the apparent contradiction of the period movies reels (different evolutive models of the same type that seem to have been mixed by Osprey in a single one, angle of view that deform the real shape, etc,,): a few examples:

So...2 weeks? I hope less and no more than that but ......

edc1

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2018, 01:01:35 PM »

Hi Dreamk,
Having installed your mod in BAT ver3.3 Pathfinder, I have come across a problem when using the FMB.
In existing missions using Ju 52_3MG4E when I highlighted a way-point all that showed up was the aircraft object.
I opened the object and had to change the number of aircraft to 4 and the load-out to 18 German para RZ1 .
I saved this mission then opened it again, the way-points were all there but the number of aircraft was
not displayed nor the skins  when the object was selected and opened.
Ran the mission and 4 Ju 52 appeared and delivered the para's as required.
(I was not able to change the skins or number of aircraft after saving).

On a new mission, if I place the first way-point of the JU 52 the open it
I can number the planes up to 4, change the skins etc ok
then fill the load-out as required go back to the map and place other way-points
as required then save . close the mission and reload only to find I cannot change
the number of aircraft or skins(boxes do not appear) in FMB

Now when mission is played the aircraft's appear as you would expect.
Hope the above makes sense!

Now I do not know if this is my problem or a change of the FMB program
when using this mod,
I would be grateful if other users can advise me if they have a problem

If this is not the place to comment please remove or replace to correct place

Cheers edc1(stan)
Ps no problem in QMB except if I use 4 JU 52 I can only change the first aircraft skin
the rest are default

Piotrek1

• SAS IL BYTES BACK
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2018, 01:21:27 PM »

Hi edc1, I encountered the same problem (FMB), try to put the files, AerialChutes , AerialContainers , AerialParatroopers on the top of your installation, it should solve the problem.

Regards,
Piotrek

edc1

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2018, 01:49:37 PM »

Hi Piotreck1,
Thanks for that info It has partly solved my problem
but after saving the mission when I re open it number of planes, skins
and load out does not show but mission fly's ok
cheers edc1(stan)

Piotrek1

• SAS IL BYTES BACK
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2018, 02:08:11 PM »

It was similar with the previous great packages (AerialMinesCods & AerialTorpedoes or NewBarometric_HydrostaticFuzes, at the beginning I had a problem with them especially in FMB, over time everything has been "matched" and now it works like in the watch :P.
Regards,
Piotrek

Dreamk

• Modder
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2018, 03:33:32 PM »

Running the mod a few times will generally solve this last part of the problem, which may appear with all new piece of dropped ordnance introduced in Il2. This is due to the fact that the game engine has sometimes a tendency to behave like in the first versions of Il2, when declaration of each piece of dropped  the gui.properties file was necessary. This disappears after running the game a few times with the new ordnance installed.
The other way to solve the problem is of course to include in the gui.properties file lines such as:
PTAB25         PTAB-2.5
but it's generally not needed, the game engine learns by itself about the new ordnance.

edc1

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2018, 10:04:01 AM »

Hi Piotrek1 and Dreamk,
Many thanks for the info on the game engine behavior with some mods
I will keep at it until the game learns about the new mod.

Cheers edc1 (stan)

Ps, Great mod Dreamk!

Lulu

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2018, 06:58:35 PM »

Dreamk: thank you thank you thank you. This is a wonderfull mod!!!

Piotrek1

• SAS IL BYTES BACK
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2018, 01:40:20 AM »

Hi Dreamk , Is there any chance to use some parachute conteiners in these airplanes,please?
I do not know the exact data C-54 but I suppose that they were also used:
C-47 Flareship - (Were these containers still used in the Korean War?)
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,4415.0.html
C-47 A & B extractions with improvements:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=4530.0
C-54
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=41014.0
Best regards,
Piotrek
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 26 queries.