Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Patch 3.002 at the Doorsteps  (Read 5313 times)

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
Patch 3.002 at the Doorsteps
« on: April 17, 2018, 02:47:09 AM »

There's a "pre-compatibility" patch for IL-2 Stats available to match 3.002:
https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/19083-il2-stats-statistics-system-for-a-dedicated-server-il2-battle-of-stalingrad/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-606054

This means it's just a matter of ... days? hours? ... until we get the first bugfixes to the big messy update.

Cheers!
Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

Mick

• Modder
Re: Patch 3.002 at the Doorsteps
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 06:58:40 AM »

... this must be a late April's fools since ...  :P

"Thankfully, 3.001 release went ok and didn't require any urgent critical hotfixes, which is strange for such fundamental changes, to be honest."

sniperton

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 09:05:33 AM »

A patch after 6 weeks can be called anything but an urgent critical hotfix, so there's no contradiction here  ;)
Apart from that, who knows what the patch will bring us? Maybe some new droplets or even fingerprints on the plexiglas?

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 10:07:34 AM »

Now that IL-2 Stats is affected, it's a safe bet that they have brought back the loadout information with Patch 3.002.
Other than that... "no urgent critical fixes" - yeah lol - taking the buttlicking into account which takes place 99.99% of times over there, it's no wonder devs think that the sky is bright pink.

Cheers!
Mike

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 06:19:41 AM »

3.002 has been released.
The issue which bugs us the most at the moment (excessive CPU usage on DServer.exe) has not been addressed.
This means that multiplayer servers are still limited to "gangbang" player vs. player action, no chance for complex AI activity.

People will lick boots nevertheless, that's for sure.
After the massive bugfest called "3.001", 3.002 is the second biggest disappointment in my IL-2 Great Battles "career" so far.

Cheers!
Mike

LuseKofte

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 03:20:20 PM »

I play with the toys given, installed the patch , not read the list properly, did not see any D server update at all , it might have been there. I feel pretty lucky , the few bugs around I encountered is less than problematic compared to COD and DCS issues.
So I simply cannot post a complaint, I just gonna take your word for it. I have seen many people not being able to use the game or parts of it, so I raised my voice then, I hope these issues are fixed, but I read nothing about it. Whatever I post over there tend to get into locked tread

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2018, 10:21:50 PM »

Honour to whom honour is due: A list of 86 fixed bugs is impressive, period.
That much about the good things :P
Taking 35 days for the first bugfix, after stating that there's nothing critical to fix, before coming around with this list: Not all that impressive.

37 of the fixes are about the new Career System. I never played that (yet) so can't say much about the issues nor their fixes.
The 12 Airplane fixes solely concern new planes from 3.0 release - where issues were to be expected - and the La-5 which I don't fly (unless there's nothing else to fly in). So I can't complain here either.

The list of fixed Multiplayer issues is a joke, sorry to say.
Changing the Server List layout and making this a 4-fixed-"bugs"-list is a joke.
Fixing an issue that was introduced with 3.0 and saying that his was a new feature for "custom statistics systems" is a joke.

The performance of DServer is beyond good and evil and nothing has been done about it. Apparently the devs don't care that all you can server with a dedicated server is a gangbang, "IRSS" style player-vs-player deathmatch. Not really surprising though, as this seems to be what the russians are out for in 1946 as well.
The cloud issue... do I need to say more? With 3.0 release, planes disintegrate in front of clouds if you're not playing on Ultra settings with highest cloud details. And if you play on Ultra settings with highest cloud details, your FPS will be scheiße not matter what superduper NSA-beating hardware you have.
And sometimes planes in front of clouds even disappear because they are rendered behind them.
Not to mention that clouds don't hide you from AI, neither planes nor AAA - even 1946 can do better.
This issue wasn't there before 3.0 (except for the AI one).
And what kind of feedback do you get when you mention it now?
Jason's cracking up, threatens people to ever mention the issue again and literally says "take it or leave".
All of this while a custom mod exists that at least fixes the issue by 95%.
This is no customer service, this is pure simple ignorance. And that's what is top of the list of things that threaten to kill this game and with it, the whole genre.

Really, telling users that this is what they can expect from a 2018 game is just priceless:

Oh and by the by, 3.002b is out. Without any notice about what has been fixed. The above mentioned issues haven't. I guess they just fixed the disappearing career medals because that seems to be extremely important to the devs. Sigh.
@edit:
A hotfix has been applied:
- Your scripted campaign progress should be back if you haven't played and finished a mission from a campaign since 3.002 release
- Multipayer chat text window fixed
- Point name doubling in multiplayer fixed
- Tank hatches work again
- A-20B and Pz.III sights corrected
- You shouldn't encounter AI MC.202 in Moscow and Fw 190 A-3 in Stalingrad anymore.

We'll address the multiplayer modification locks and player kill messages a bit later.
No comment.

Cheers!
Mike

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2018, 04:26:51 AM »

Many THX for your regular feedback, Mike ...!  ;)

The more I read them, the more I save my money ...!  :P

gerula

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2018, 06:13:36 PM »

HAALLLEEELLUUIAAAAAA.....MY MAPS ARE ALL WORKING FINALY...Stalingrad summer and autumn, kuban all three

gerula

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2018, 06:15:57 PM »

That's not how it looks in the game.....sorry for the crappy pics

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2018, 10:32:23 PM »

IL2- Great Battles screenshots are bitmap images with alpha layer.
You have to convert them to jpg files (using gimp or any other image editor of your choice) before uploading them, otherwise they'll look weird.

Cheers!
Mike

LuseKofte

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2018, 08:39:09 AM »

You must try the Sea dragon Scripted campaign, it give the old IL 2 campaign feeling. You really feel you have to get things together. But as always they end too soon . In old IL 2 I started with a double-decker and ended in Kuban in a IL 2 3m after 153 missions, dead because my wing tip hit a parked plane and exploded  :-[ . My longest dead is dead campaign ever.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 25 queries.