Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Patch 3.002 at the Doorsteps  (Read 1882 times)

CountZero

Re: Patch 3.002 at the Doorsteps
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2018, 06:58:00 AM »

Just try to log on on BoS forum and i got baned by Buzsaw (TFS dev) for no reason, and now cant post on BoS forum, this is so crazy

Clifs of Dover dev able to ban people from reading BoS forum, and with no reason what so ever... and then they say they welcome and critiq or discusion, not true for sure

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Ask me if I care.
    • Friendly Fire isn't.
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2018, 07:03:25 AM »

Interesting thing. Can't see no obvious reason either when I look at your posts.

Cheers!
Mike
Learn. Challenge. Improve. In loving memory of the times when I cared...

CountZero

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2018, 12:08:08 PM »

I see after people asked he replay why i got baned from BoS forum

Thats total lie, hes claming that i get TFS version of cloD and try to crach SC of it and let other people mod TFS CloD game.

Only CloD version of game that is easy modable is vanila game ( i used it even to post bug  fixes i could see work in vanila game), same way they used to build their first mods for clod before they got SC from main devs, and i have nor had any intention to do anything hes claming, and now as im band no way to defend, just amazing

So baned from BoS forum for something related to CloD, and on top of that for thing i never did, and he even dont have any thing to show i did.

World going crazy ;)

CountZero

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2018, 03:19:05 AM »

"I've spent the last three hours reading every post that CZ made at ACG and I mean everything by actually opening them up and scrutinizing the contents. Not the way I planned to spend my sunday afternoon.

CZ does alot of detective work on various issues including the spitfire fuel tank, damage and collision models, weapons effectiveness using the vanilla game. Any changes to configuration files often mention the vanilla game. IMHO, the findings are used not to exploit the game for his benefit but to aid in disclosure of why the game works as it does. He uses these as a basis for dialoge to prove a point on different issues. Again, never mentioning that he used or has access to a moddable version of 4.312.

This does not mean that he could not be in possession of said moddable version. Once something has been uploaded onto the internet, careful digging will always be able to find it, but that is not the issue here. The issue is the accusation that CZ "announced on the ACG forums that he would hack the game and release the entire SC to the public".

It never happened.

Should anyone have proof otherwise then that will be looked into. Here at ACG, the innocent remain innocent until proven guilty. Something moderators or people with issues, on other forums, apparently do not share.

As far as I'm concerned, and until proven otherwise, the accusation is based on falsehood.

Gromic"

Thats from forum Buzz is saying i would hack the game and release the entire SC to the public.

Cloyd

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2018, 03:17:44 PM »

It's getting more crazy over there than usual. It's a constant battle between the perennial Fanbois and Whiners. Jason seems to be channeling "Stormin' Norman" the producer from the ancient Ubizoo forum with the "take it or leave it" attitude. I don't know what the issues are between MysticPuma and TFS, but the PR seems to have suffered a serious setback if Buzz is now in charge.

sniperton

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2018, 03:16:08 AM »

This thread summarizes pretty well the problems with the product, the devs, and the community:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/28661-hud-impact-on-performance/

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Ask me if I care.
    • Friendly Fire isn't.
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2018, 06:19:10 AM »

Oh yeah...
The HUD overlay thing.
Really funny.
A very reasonable, well balanced bug report, and Jason + his bootlickers tick off instantly.
Funny to read how Jason tries to justify the bug: "Drawing a 2D image on a 3D scene hurts performance" - lol.
We do so in 1946 since when? And it doesn't hurt performance at all. Just saying.
But at least it looks like the penny dropped - partly, eventually - in 3.00x the FPS still goes down when you turn on HUD, but it's by far not as bad as it was before.

Cheers!
Mike

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Ask me if I care.
    • Friendly Fire isn't.
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2018, 09:50:01 AM »

Hotfix 3.002c has been released.
Changelog:
- Aircraft modifications are lockable by a multiplayer server hoster;
- Player names correctly appear in the kill messages in the multiplayer chat;
- Certain symbols in the mission or server description won't cause the GUI to display an empty screen;
- Camera settings save correctly;
- The map automatically centers in the server lobby;
- Radio command menu functions correctly after a mission start on the ground;
- AI Fw 190 correctly take off in large groups;
- Clouds are visible in the rearview mirror during Winter;
- Static objects damage has been fixed;
- The Career won't fail to generate a mission if there are not enough aircraft in the player unit;
- A rare crash that could happen during the mission closing has been fixed.

Cheers!
Mike

gerula

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2018, 04:00:17 PM »

Hi guys, got this message today on the server for every plane i chose, red or blue...is it normal ? server settings?
Or is something on my side ?
Server worked just fine.

sniperton

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2018, 04:29:48 PM »

I guess it's just another bug introduced with the newest hotfix.  :D
Being an SP guy I haven't paid attention to it, but I vaguely remember it mentioned somewhere at the BoX forum.

Edit: See here:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/36272-3002c-plane-mods-locked/?tab=comments#comment-610840

JCTiggs

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2018, 06:41:35 PM »

This thread summarizes pretty well the problems with the product, the devs, and the community:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/28661-hud-impact-on-performance/

Wow, after reading through this and other threads, that producer Jason really comes off as a 'you know what'. Seems very confrontational and certainly doesn't like any constructive feedback while also not being helpful at all to the people posting on the site. I guess he forgets that these people bought his game and just want to see it succeed, just like him and the rest of us. We should be working together and promoting constructive feedback since this is what will make the game better in the long run.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Ask me if I care.
    • Friendly Fire isn't.
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2018, 10:37:53 PM »

Hi guys, got this message today on the server for every plane i chose, red or blue...is it normal ? server settings?
Or is something on my side ?
Server worked just fine.
Yeah it's a pity...
Remember the changelog?
Aircraft modifications are lockable by a multiplayer server hoster

This made me enable the loadout and weapon mod locks again, which were previously unlocked since with Patch 3.001, a bug was introduced where a player had to select a second airfield first, then come back to the first one before he could select any loadout options.
What they "fixed" now in fact is that even this workaround doesn't work anymore.
So in a nutshell, they didn't fix anything but made matters worse and messed up the locked loadouts completely now.

Therefore, for the time being all loadouts and weapons mods are unlocked on all bases again.
Thanks for the heads up G!

@Tiggs: Absolutely correct.
As an official representative of a company that wants to seel something on that particular site, I'll either have to be the most patient member of all, with the most toned down voice, utterly friendly and helpful or... just shut the damned fuck up and leave customer services to someone else who's more capable than me.

Cheers!
Mike
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 25 queries.