Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ki-27 Ko canopy issue  (Read 272 times)

Jenato

• The shit from the past is the manure of the future
Ki-27 Ko canopy issue
« on: April 15, 2018, 04:11:32 PM »

Hello,

while I was creating a mission with the Ki-27 Ko today, I noticed something weird about the canopy. If the IJA (or even IJN) nationality is chosen, the canopy does not show itself completely. This is the case in FMB and in QMB. If any other nationality is selected the canopy appears as it should be. The canopy of the Ko version differs from the Otsu in being not completely from plexiglass. So, if both IJA or IJN are selected, the frame and glass of the canopy disappears, and it looks like the aft part of the canopy is completely gone. Even the stationary plane version in FMB shows this issue. Any solution for this?

Best regards

Jenato

And yes... I thought to solve the problem myself with a renewed Pathfinder install, but no... no success.  :-[

PhantomII

Re: Ki-27 Ko canopy issue
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 08:45:54 PM »

Hi Jenato, I know this is the Bat tech help section but it is the same in VP's Modpack too.
So I don't think it is just a BAT issue. I extracted the Ki-27 ko files from the 3do sfs files, mainly fb_3do16p.sfs, fb_3do18.sfs & fb_3do23.sfs
and put them in a folder named !Ki-27 so it would load at the top of the order. The folder looks like this !Ki-27/3do/cockpit & plane. it seems to have fixed
the problem in both games. I know there must be an easier solution.

Jenato

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 06:21:25 AM »

Hi Phantom,

I will try it out and see what it does. Thanks anyway.

Greets,

Jenato

Jenato

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 07:44:40 AM »

Hi Phantom,

something isn't working out for me. I extracted the files and even did it twice. I thought I may be forgot to select one, especially in fb_3do16p.fps. Could it be possible the Pricel_DO.msh file from fb_3do23.fps is the one that makes things go wrong, because the same file is already in one of the two other sfs files? Do I have to put it in the Ki-27/3do folder and let it overwrite the existing one... or not? Another thing: do I have to put this !Ki-27 file in the #WAW3 folder? As a matter of fact, I even tried it in the #SAS folder or directly in the game... nothing seems to help.   
Any suggestions?

Jenato

Jenato

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 08:12:23 AM »

Hi Phantom,

don't bother my previous message! Found it! Forgot to extract a whole lot of files! And the Pricel thing... found it. I analysed what you wrote, and it made me realise you literally meant a "cockpit" and a "plane" folder with the Pricel file next to them in the 3do folder...  :-[  ;)
Silly of me..., but... solved.
But, yeah, you are right. May be there is an easier solution. But so far... I am out of the blue thanks to you!

Thanks a lot!

Jenato

PhantomII

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 09:35:24 AM »

Hi Jenato, I am sorry I did not make myself clear. I had a little trouble extracting the Pricel.msh file from 3d023.sfs but i finally got it.
I am glad you got it working.

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 02:30:09 PM »

Could you maybe make the extracted working folder available as download please? Might be interesting for other guys too, me included :)

Cheers phil

PhantomII

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 05:29:13 PM »

Hi, Griffon_301, here is a link to the folder for the Ki-27(Ko)
This is 3do/cockpit & 3do/plane folders only. No classfiles.
Hope this helps you.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/f7wl2scgstgroo8/%21%20Ki-27%281%29.7z

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2018, 07:43:54 AM »

Thank you very much Phantom! Will try it as soon as I get back from work tomorrow.. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 22 queries.