Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Should I buy it for offline ?  (Read 1373 times)

blackshark

Should I buy it for offline ?
« on: April 03, 2018, 03:04:17 AM »

well, I like il2-1946 for offline campaigns ... just offline missions/campaigns.

I tried Clod and i like the eye candy but not at all the offline features of it ... it's an online simulator

My question about this "great battles" is if it is just for online or, if it has a very good offline side, if it has "il2-1946" style campaigns (not just 5-6 missions all similar) where you have a nice AI for enemies but for your AI mates too, and where you can have very big battles with many planes like in 1946

So given my attitute, would you say is it worth investing time on it ? is it better the the wonderful modded old 1946 ?

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
Re: Should I buy it for offline ?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 03:25:59 AM »

The latest Update (3.001) gave a new Career mode to IL-2 Great Battles, which is quite like an endless campaign and it's by far better than all that this game had to offer for offliners previously.
Campaigns are tricky at the moment - the update broke all kind of existing missions and with them, all the campaigns having been released by the community.
AFAIK the only ones which were updated together with the Update and therefore are working right now, are the ones you can purchase here:
https://il2sturmovik.com/store/campaigns/

AI is so-so. It became better with 3.0, definitely, but AI still has strange habits that need to be nailed out.
Having AI as an opponent can sometimes be deadly, sometimes plain boring, but most of the time it's more or less okay now.
Having AI wingmen is simply annoying as they tend to develop their own plans, and they do it whenever it pleases them, and once they decide not to do what the mission brief told them, or what you tell them, then they likely won't come back to reason until it's too late.

Cheers!
Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

Shakaali

• Missioneer
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 07:29:28 AM »

Having AI as an opponent can sometimes be deadly,
Having AI wingmen is simply annoying as they tend to develop their own plans, and they do it whenever it pleases them, and once they decide not to do what the mission brief told them, or what you tell them, then they likely won't come back to reason until it's too late.

Sounds like Hans-Joachim Marseille early in his career  :)
"A truth ceases to be true when more than one person believes in it." -Oscar Wilde

Hans-Joachim Marseille

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 01:25:28 AM »

Excuse me!?  ;)
"United we stand against Evil." #FCKPTN. #SlavaUkraini

sniperton

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 03:52:42 AM »

The career mode offers something like we had with DGen and DCG. It's basically a built-in mission generator. You choose the squadron (and hereby the plane type) and a rank, and you'll be assigned to missions each day. Mission types vary, as does the opposition you meet. Squadron mates improve and get promoted as you do. As squadron leader you can also select the AI mates you want to fly with.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 27 queries.