Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: New fuselage for the B/C-377/C-97.  (Read 11117 times)

Dreamk

• Modder
Re: New fuselage for the B/C-377/C-97.
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2018, 12:52:27 PM »

Verrrry nice!

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2018, 04:00:08 AM »

Verrrry nice!

Glad you like it Dreamk. 8)

I have mentioned a few times the second development using engines from a WIP B-50, thought I would show you what that looks like. ;)

B/C_377, there are issues with the window cuts as I already explained, I could actually replace with the solid fuselage of other versions and the windows could be painted on:

C_97, the nose radome is attached using the hier, not all versions used it so the option is available for the user to hide it if they wanted:

C_97K, represents a radar/elint aircraft, again the radomes and the tanks are attached in the hier so this could be personalised by the user.

KC_97P, the version already in game:

KC_97 Drogue, a new version added into the java by 4S_Vega:

Work goes on, still no release date for you, sorry, strictly speaking we could release without the interior detail I suppose we still need to make that call.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

KingTiger503

• Legendary History Luftwaffe Elite Ace ,,, FAC# 53
  • Supporter
  • KT503 Elite
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2018, 08:33:48 AM »

Damn, dude, Nice. very nice.
My Greatest and Best Regards KT503

dona

• Modder
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2018, 02:18:38 PM »

Absolutely beautiful!!

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2018, 04:03:15 PM »

This new version looks great too.  8) Overall they look like very cool models
As for the windows idea, I don´t know, you decide what would be the best choice.
Look at the aircraft history and the many diferent versions it was made for.
If cut-out windows is feasable then go that way, but then you will ONLY have ONE aircraft version....
.... if there were many versions with many diferent style windows or windows placed in diferent areas of the aircraft, then
 I would suggest to leave the fuselage body a solid 3d-model and let the skin-artist paint windows on their skins according
 to which aircraft version it is they want to see that skin on.

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2018, 11:31:32 AM »

Here is a image of the B-377 with the solid fuselage:

From a skinning point of view this is definitely the better option because there were many options, some civil types
actually had square windows and military operators used variants of the civil aircraft for transport and those had
numerous modifications to add large doors in the fuselage while retaining some of the windows from the original.

This would mean there would be no need for any interior detail apart from the cockpit and that would save any
further work, I was going to try and detail the passenger compartment and like the tanker look at having a viewpoint
for the player from inside the fuselage, you could be a passenger. :D

Fresco23

• Part-Time Skinner
  • Modder
  • F.A.C. #23
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2018, 03:04:19 PM »

Its beautiful! I love that sleeker nose!
cogito, ergo sum armatus

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2018, 05:59:39 PM »

Hello Pete,
please do me a favor and it will also be a major change for ALL of your aircraft and new mod-aircraft....
download my skins package for the new wheel skins here... https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,51272.0.html

Then go into your folder where you keep the PA_Jeronimo´s New wheels  , in the "Textures" folder and let my skins overwrite the old skin version.
You will also get many OTHER new skins for other aircraft included.  ;)

Then after you overwrite the old skins with my versions,
Pick out the wheel skins you are using NOW in this new mod-aircraft ... and place my version into your "Textures" folder.
You will begin to see better details in your new mod already   ;)
Some times its the little details that bring out the beauty in a mod-airplane.

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

VandelayOfficial

« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2018, 09:21:45 PM »

those look fantastic.

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2018, 05:28:24 AM »

Hello guys, good to know you like the project so far. 8)

Hello Pete,
please do me a favor and it will also be a major change for ALL of your aircraft and new mod-aircraft....
download my skins package for the new wheel skins here... https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,51272.0.html

Thanks for the link Max, I will take a look. ;) 

Alex already added some PA enhancements for the wheels and they look superb, however, if you have improved things further then  it will make it even better.

Work moves on, slowly I hate to say, however, we are getting there. :o

The new engines from the B-50 were picking up the existing mapping from those  created for the B-29
so I removed those lines from the template and made a few changes:

The radiator doors now work correctly following a java tweak by Filippo and the tanks and jet engines now
have a new texture added by Alex so they blend in with the rest of the colour scheme:

The B-377/C-97 have quite distinctive exhausts on the right side of each engine so I am making a attempt
to replicate them:

Still not been able to develop the cockpit any further though but I added the B-377 shell into the existing
pilot cockpit:

dona

• Modder
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2018, 05:11:56 PM »

As a kid the first actual C-97/KC-97 I saw was with the Pennsylvania Air National Guard. I look your screen shots and I see that plane again. Terrific work!!

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2018, 11:40:01 AM »

As a kid the first actual C-97/KC-97 I saw was with the Pennsylvania Air National Guard. I look your screen shots and I see that plane again. Terrific work!!

That must have been a wonderful sight, in photographs the type looks impressive, it would be more so in the flesh so to speak, the type has a unique look to it that just leaves you in awe.

Many U.S. aircraft have been in and out of the UK over the years but sadly I never saw one of these, maybe during the 80's and 90's when I did the air show rounds they were retired, if not then then possibly only in use with the A.N.G so remained at home.

Hopefully you will be able to recreate the aircraft you saw as a kid using my template, not sure how the keel will take numbers but the fuselage and tail should be okay, there are I am sure many colorful schemes just waiting to be found and painted. ;)

Anyway, work continues, the new exhausts:

I need to alter the smoke hooks for them, always a tedious job, I will save that for another day. ;)

Once that is done I want to take a look at mapping the opposite wing underside, currently there are only three, port and starboard upper and one under that mirrors to both sides.  Not sure where to put it, maybe in the upper corner of the template where the B-29 crew tunnel is mapped, as this does not have that part that is most likely the only possible position.

Take care.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 27 queries.