Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Game capabilities  (Read 262 times)

iceman_303

Game capabilities
« on: March 13, 2018, 06:18:51 PM »

hello guys. i would like to pose a question. since i have done some coding in the past i thought about the
self shadowing capabilities of the dx8 /dx9 technology, and of the il2 game engine.
Do you think it is possible to add self shadows in the game? Is the game code available to anyone?
And if so, how hard is it to code self shadows into the game engine. According to some info, i have found,
it seems to be possible with dx8 /dx9 technology. maybe wasnt coded because it would become
too demanding on the then actual systems. Since I have some coding knowledge, altough limited,
I could try to help do that.

Just an idea.

cheers,

joao g.

iceman_303

Re: Game capabilities
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 03:08:29 PM »

hi again. after giving the idea some more tought, i kind of realized that the game code
must still be owned by someone and is not available to public. ( i guess it must be property of 1c ).
anyway, it was just an idea, cause with the all the improvements already done,
and adding self shadowing would be pretty cool. i love the work 1c has done creating this cool simulator,
and was looking to help out, but i understand it's not something easy to get done.

cheers,

jg

Mick

• Modder
Re: Game capabilities
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 08:30:49 AM »

I believe adding self shadowing would require a complete overhaul of all cockpits ...  :-X
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 25 queries.