Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: NG-HUD v3.6.1  (Read 98536 times)

whistler

• Modder
Re: Next Generation HUD (NG-HUD) Mod v3.0 Gold
« Reply #144 on: September 02, 2018, 12:11:02 PM »

Ok, Whistler, thanks for your quick and detailed answer. I did as you propose (turning off realistic navigation) and observed the game behaviour. Now I see that NG-HUD Navigation just tells you with numbers the heading proposed by the line that connect your plane with the next waypoint (I haven't used realistic navigation-OFF for such a long time that I forgot that feature). As your predicted, the game skips one waypoint every two in my test mission. Surprisingly, when using autopilot, the game follows exactly the flight plan without skipping any waipoint.
It is good to know that using realistic navigation-OFF I can easily predict which waypoints will be ignored and avoid them if I need to lead the action towards a specific location.

Thank you SpongeBob.

The navigator is pushing the limits of what can (and should) be displayed in the HUD. I had a test-case version of the navigator for long time but never developed it further because of the sector grid stock-bug. It actually makes use of a feature (when being the leader) that has been there the whole time. From the 4.10 Readme:

Navigation Improvements
Situation pre-4.10
Before the 4.10 patch, balance between playability and realism was such that the waypoints in mission acted as sort of "virtual radio beacons" and repeater compass had a needle which pointed towards the next waypoint [...]

I just took this built-in feature and employed it but I don't know the reasons for some of the waypoint jumps or skips. It was either designed that way, on purpose, for some reason, or it is buggy.

Definitely, your mod is a great addition. I have tried many times to start a campaign without map icons, but there was often a mission were I got completely lost. Now I feel confident to start campaigns with map icons OFF without fear of losing most of the action.

Thanks for the encouragement. My experience is that when you have map icons, lines and dots you just don't look beyond. Flying without map icons is a richer experience but the navigator must be reliable to a degree (we can always blame early/faulty WWII technology  ;) )

Cheers!
NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
Re: Next Generation HUD (NG-HUD) Mod v3.0 Gold
« Reply #145 on: September 02, 2018, 12:21:21 PM »

Thanks for this Whistler. This is really a great mod. I do not fly bombers much but I think I am going to dust off some old campaigns just to see how the bombsight elements work. Maybe it's time for me to update my old Camel Pond Raids.

People who have not tried this are really missing out.

whistler

• Modder
Re: NG-HUD Mod v3.1
« Reply #146 on: September 04, 2018, 12:47:09 PM »

v3.0 was Golden, but it wasn't pure Gold!

NG-HUD Mod v3.1 Bug-Fix release

v3.1 fixes a (Navigator) bug where certain takeoff/landing waypoints would not be displayed. v3.0 release post is still valid and I ask you to refer to post #133 for further reference of v3.X features.

:: EngineMod causing waypoint jumps ::

Update 23-Sep: Find a temporal fix in Reply #149

We have been discussing in previous posts a problem where waypoints are 'skipped' for no apparent reason when flying as Flight Leader and it was found to be caused by the EngineMod. Any custom install or mod-pack that includes the EngineMod as of 04/09/2018 can be impacted, in example B.A.T. Linebacker (all modules) and VP-Modpack (JETWAR addon only). The Navigator will work like a Swiss watch otherwise.

Since the root-cause of the waypoint jumps is now identified the NG-HUD restriction to have 'Realistic Navigation' enabled has been lifted in v3.1. I still recommend to enable it but it is your game and you can play it your way.

The EngineMod is a marvel so whether or not this gets ever fixed, be grateful for everything we have.

----------------------------------

NG-HUD v3.1 download link can be found in the first post. As usual, disable and delete any previous versions.

Best regards,
NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

SpongeBob

Re: Next Generation HUD (NG-HUD) Mod v3.1
« Reply #147 on: September 09, 2018, 03:50:03 AM »

Hi Whistler,
apparently, the navigation bug has been fixed in the latest Engine MOD.
See #369 reply in
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,52489.360.html

I hope this will be added to the next BAT expansion, since I don't dare to modify it by myself.

Cheers

FANATIC MODDER

• Modder
« Reply #148 on: September 15, 2018, 03:16:15 PM »

I was totally unaware of this, I am totally blown away by it! Great!

whistler

• Modder
Re: NG-HUD Mod v3.1
« Reply #149 on: September 23, 2018, 05:50:11 AM »

Hi Whistler,
apparently, the navigation bug has been fixed in the latest Engine MOD.
See #369 reply in
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,52489.360.html

I hope this will be added to the next BAT expansion, since I don't dare to modify it by myself.

Cheers

That's correct SpongeBob, Kudos to western0221 for the quick fix!!

Here is a temporal fix for B.A.T. LINEBACKER (unzip and enable it via JSGME):

BAT-LINEBACKER_EngineMod_2.8.10_Waypoint_Fix.zip

It will hopefully be included in the next BAT expansion.

VP-Modpack #JETWAR addon comes with EngineMod v2.8.1. You can either upgrade the EngineMod manually or use the following JSGME-ready fix:

VP-MODPACK_JETWAR_EngineMod_2.8.10_Waypoint_Fix.zip

Big thanks to western0221 for the constant EngineMod updates! ]thumleft[

SpongeBob

« Reply #150 on: September 25, 2018, 09:52:43 AM »

Hi Whistler,
I've just donwloaded the fix and made a little test. Now waypoints work like a charm.

Thank you very much to you and western0221!!!
 ;D

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
« Reply #151 on: October 06, 2018, 04:35:36 AM »

Hi Whistler I have some good news!! Finally I have your v3.1 NGHud mod working on my CUP install (as you know I had to roll back to v2.5) - My CUP version is heavily modified and includes bits of the VP Modpack so today I thought hang it I will try the VP version of NGHud instead of the 5.3 Modpack version and VOILA it works - no freezes or anything!! Yeeha!
Great mod mate sorry it took me so long to figure it out!
Mick
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB DDR6, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600Mhz, 256GB/500GB Crucial SSDs, Windows 10 64bit.

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #152 on: October 06, 2018, 05:20:28 AM »

Well done Mick!

Be informed however all 'versions' included in the download are essentially the same thing. We all get the same classes and files regardless of the mod-pack or IL-2 version. This includes B.A.T. modules too: #DOF, #WAW... all contain the same classes and files. It is the same mod presented in different folder hierarchies for easy installing.

Good news you're back on track nonetheless. Cheers!

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
« Reply #153 on: October 06, 2018, 11:19:39 PM »

No idea how its finally working then whistler! Do i care? Naaaa!😁

Hi Whistler on thinking about this some more I think my issue may have been the Random Skies Mod? I recently bypassed using this to launch my game so as to use the IL2GE through the normal IL2 selector? No issues with NGHUD since??
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB DDR6, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600Mhz, 256GB/500GB Crucial SSDs, Windows 10 64bit.

javirulo007

« Reply #154 on: October 09, 2018, 03:28:11 PM »

Hi,
Thanks for your effort and work.
I would like to make a question: Is it possible NOT to show the quadrant/grid in the hud information? (It is the last line that shows the heading in degrees and the grid that you are right in. i.e H9, L6, A13).

Again, thanks for your great work with this mod. The information related to the trim position is super!!!

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #155 on: October 10, 2018, 03:06:48 AM »

Hi javirulo007,

The conf.ini setting to hide the sector/grid/quadrant was removed in v3.0 - why, you may ask? because I am against conf.ini settings unless absolutely unavoidable. You may disable something one day and that change will cascade to all your installs and stay like that well, forever. The feature you disabled may get an improvement in the future and you just won't get the improvement unless you realise you have to change the conf.ini setting. That's 'my' logic.

v3.0 was built with no map icons/path in mind (review THE CHECKLIST section in the first post). The sector indicator is there to help you understand where you roughly are. The sector indicator is also key to know where your leader or the next waypoint is roughly located (The 'navigator' feature introduced in v3.0)

Having said all that, I will send you via private message NG-HUD v2.7. You can disable the sector indicator in that version and use it if you are not interested in v3.X features.

It would be good to know why you want to hide the sector indicator. I would say you don't want navigational aids of any kind... Alternatives are 1) Hide the HUD when not needed 2) Don't use the mod (you probably don't need it!)

Cheers!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 29   Go Up

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 23 queries.