Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: NG-HUD v3.6.1  (Read 98236 times)

whistler

• Modder
Re: Next Generation HUD (NG-HUD) Mod v2.5 ~NEW VERSION~
« Reply #84 on: April 29, 2018, 02:56:43 AM »

why be me don t work in modact 6.4 ?disappeared all left side ,just with modact 6.4 make this, anyone know this problem ?

Hi mikojan3,

No problems in my 4.13.4 + ModAct 6.4.

Show us a screenshot of your orders/comms menu (to validate NG-HUD is properly installed).
If you disable/delete NG-HUD, do you get to see the stock speedbar?
What other mods you have?
Press the 'Toggle Speed Bar' key several times
Press 'Ctrl+F1' several times

That is all I can think of.
NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

mikojan3

« Reply #85 on: April 29, 2018, 04:26:58 AM »

why be me don t work in modact 6.4 ?disappeared all left side ,just with modact 6.4 make this, anyone know this problem ?

Hi mikojan3,

No problems in my 4.13.4 + ModAct 6.4.

Show us a screenshot of your orders/comms menu (to validate NG-HUD is properly installed).
If you disable/delete NG-HUD, do you get to see the stock speedbar?
What other mods you have?
Press the 'Toggle Speed Bar' key several times
Press 'Ctrl+F1' several times

That is all I can think of.
first thanks very much for your reply. the problem is my english very bad ok running  . If i have disabled the mod i have back the normal and stock speedbar ,altitudebar, blablabla ,with your mod disappeared all ,but just left side this problem i have just with modact 6.4 with vpmod or b.a.t or other no problem i don t understand uff .

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #86 on: April 29, 2018, 05:20:19 AM »

You are welcome mikojan3. Language is not a problem as long as you write long and detailed descriptions. The more words, the better. You could also use an online translator.

*I think* the mod is not properly installed or some parts are missing, else I have no idea. Show me a screenshot of the folder where NG-HUD is installed (normally #SAS). You can send a private message if you prefer.
NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

mikojan3

« Reply #87 on: April 29, 2018, 05:23:21 AM »

You are welcome mikojan3. Language is not a problem as long as you write long and detailed descriptions. The more words, the better. You could also use an online translator.

*I think* the mod is not properly installed or some parts are missing, else I have no idea. Show me a screenshot of the folder where NG-HUD is installed (normally #SAS). You can send a private message if you prefer.
:P :P :P :P :P :Pthanks thaks thanks yeeeah baby enemy aircraft a single one o nine  seven angel over  :P :P :P :P :P :P :P worked very fine was the ctrl +f1 the key of the  paradise door

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #88 on: April 29, 2018, 05:31:56 AM »

LOL ;D

whistler

• Modder
Re: Next Generation HUD (NG-HUD) Mod v2.6 :: UPDATED 12/05 ::
« Reply #89 on: May 12, 2018, 07:56:48 AM »

Next Generation HUD (NG-HUD) Mod v2.6

Small update to address a couple of pending topics...

:: Radio chatter subtitles ::

Not much to explain here: stock subs size and position are unbearable. Problem is unless you are proficient in many languages you hardly know what is going on until you enable the subtitles. Radio chatter subtitles are a necessity.

Most of the messages are just that: chatter, but there are some messages from the Leader, your Gunner and Tower Control that can at times be useful and they will now get your attention.

I have been using this implementation for a couple of weeks and the experience is favorable: I don't feel the need to disable the subtitles and that was the goal. I hope you like it.

You can enable/disable subtitles anytime. In the game, go to:
"Setup" > "Misc Settings" > "HUD" > "Show Subtitles"

The subs will hide when you bring up the Comms menu.

:: IAS & TAS speed ::

Up until v2.5 we had the conf.ini setting ngHUDtas to switch between IAS and TAS. I never liked the idea. My experience is that when you manually change a conf.ini setting it remains there, like that, forever. A virtual friend of mine had some concerns about existing TAS implementation... this is for you GB!

In v2.6 the Speedbar will change from IAS to TAS when you open the mini map. TAS velocity is commonly used to estimate flight time between waypoints so what better way to display TAS speed than when looking at the mini map.

ngHUDtas conf.ini setting is no longer available in v2.6. Bring up the mini map to know your TAS speed. That simple!

:: Other changes ::

I took this chance to revise the IL-2 GUI font sizes and I will explain here how to change them if you want larger text.

Let's say in example you want larger radio subtitles:

1) In your modded folder, go to: NG-HUD_v2.6 > font
2) Open in notepad sub.font and change 12 to 14

Done.

Here is how you change the main GUI elements:

Code: [Select]
// GUI header
arialb10.font

// GUI body
arial10.font

// FMB header
arialb8.font

// FMB body
arial8.font

:: Downloads ::

Disable and delete any previous versions! v2.6 link can be found in the first post.

Cheers!

henkypenky

• BAT 4.2 Flashpoint & WAW
« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2018, 07:05:04 AM »

Hi Whistler, sorry to bother you with my problems, but I can't get your mod to work properly  ::(.  I'm on BAT 3.3 Pathfinder and Windows 7. I could not get the NG-Hud working since its 1st version;
I've re-read the whole thread and followed what was said there: Torque & Gyro effects are ‘on’, Toggle speedbar ‘on’ and assigned X,C & V as per your advise.
What I do see:  lower left ‘arrow’ and the sector I’m heading for, lower right engine on, FOV indication, when using TAB I see the main 'message screen' and the messages as you describe for v2.6. Also the ‘Actor’ is shown in the outside view.  The pause ‘texts’ are as in your examples
What I don’t see are speed and hight indicator, trim settings, plane or load-out info next to the TAB 'messagescreen' Trough JSGME I have NG-Hud as the first one:

Could it be some setting I have turned off in 'Settings' ?

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2018, 08:44:30 AM »

Hi henkypenky,

You provided plenty of details and that is always very welcome to troubleshoot! Thank you.

You are playing in 'hardcore' mode my fellow. To get back all features, before playing a mission go to "Difficulty" > "Views" and disable "No Speed Bar".
  • No Speed Bar OFF: you get to see all features
  • No Speed Bar ON: just like in stock IL-2, velocity and altitude will not be shown. NG-HUD will additionally hide: Cockpit text indicators and Comms menu extra info (fuel, engines, weapons...)

EDIT: I just added this info to the first post in the 'FIRST THINGS FIRST' section

henkypenky

• BAT 4.2 Flashpoint & WAW
« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2018, 11:30:23 AM »

Hi Whistler, that was the problem indeed, I'm glad  :) it was that easy (for you) but I'm a bit embarrased  :-[ not being able to solve this after such a long time in Il-2.
And 
You are playing in 'hardcore' mode
can that  be the reason I never win??  ;)

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2018, 12:14:57 PM »

We may not win, but we get revenge :D

DaVa

« Reply #94 on: May 26, 2018, 11:51:30 PM »

Good day!
Is it possible to work with icons in the game?
Specifically: I'm flying with a file "Icons"
mp_dotrange FRIENDLY   DOT 18.0 COLOR 0.36 RANGE 0.010000001 TYPE 0.010000001 ID 0.010000001 NAME 0.010000001 ALTICON 3.6000001 ALTSYMBOL • ALTCOLOR 13
mp_dotrange FOE  DOT 18.0 COLOR 0.27 RANGE 0.010000001 TYPE 0.010000001 ID 0.010000001 NAME 0.010000001 ALTICON 4.5 ALTSYMBOL • ALTCOLOR 17
... There is a great desire to return to the markers of the distance, as in the original, But really don't like the HUGE FONT SIZE. You can insert in your mod small font markers (for example = 9.99), You are welcome?
 ;)
Translated QTranslate, sorry.

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #95 on: May 27, 2018, 02:54:32 AM »

Hi Dava,

HUGE FONT SIZE you say? Your eyesight must be very good!

Instructions to change the mp_dotrange/icons font type and size:

Go to NG-HUD_v2.6 > font

Create a new text file arialSmallZ.txt and rename it to arialSmallZ.font

Open the file with notepad and paste this:

Code: [Select]
[ClassInfo]
  ClassName TTTextureFont
[TTFFile]
  arial.ttf
[CharSize]
  160 6
  320 6
  640 6
  800 8
  1024 8
  1280 10
  1600 12
  2048 12
[_CodePage]
  ascii

// eof

Now change 10 and 12 to 8 and you will get very small icons text. If you use 6 you will get really tiny text.

Is this what you want?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 29   Go Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 21 queries.