Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: NG-HUD v3.6.1  (Read 98242 times)

tartenmuche

• Supporter
Re: Next Generation HUD (NG-HUD) Mod v1.0.1
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2018, 09:50:32 AM »

Dear Whistler,
I removed and installed the last version of your mod.
I encountered the same problem as ecf111. I started a campaign with a Lysander: no indication. I switched to a campaign with a Blenheim. I had to go in the gunner position to finally get your indications on the screen. I returned in the Lysander: ok, your indications appeared on the screen. I tested on an another single seater: ok.
I think that there is a problem at the starting of the game with a single seater.
I hope it may help.
By the way, do you have an idea why the trim indications don't appear for every aircraft?
Regards.
Tart

Intel Core Duo E8400 3GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti, 2x2 gb DDR2 1066 mHZ

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2018, 10:05:00 AM »

Dear Tart,

You and ecf111 suffer from the same annoyance, that's for sure. I am unable to tell why. Is it related to VisaulMod9 settings? I don't know. Truth is I tested yesterday both Lysanders we have in Pathfinder #WAW3 and with and without VisualMod9 conf.ini settings I could not reproduce the issue. Is your conf.ini read-only? I really cannot tell what is going on but I am 99% sure the problem is local.

By the way, do you have an idea why the trim indications don't appear for every aircraft?

Do the aircrat in question have trim tabs and are they user-adjustable? Otherwise Trim indications remain hidden (at 0%). Post examples please...
NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

ecf111

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2018, 12:03:56 PM »

I also feel the problem is likely my own, and it's no big deal, mod works great for me after ctrl F1 a few times.

I didn't see any read only settings on those files, and I reset my controls and joysticks but it's still the same.

Sorry for any confusion, mod works perfect besides that for me, thanks again. Thank you for leaving the sector setting in the config as well, that will be pretty handy for aircraft that did or did not have an INS or similar.  I'm half a purist. ;)
Create.

tartenmuche

• Supporter
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2018, 12:25:16 PM »

Dear Whistler,
I agree with ecf111, your mod is super. It was not always easy to find the variometer among the various gauges. Now it's obvious.
Congratulations.
Regards.
Tart
Intel Core Duo E8400 3GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti, 2x2 gb DDR2 1066 mHZ

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2018, 04:38:01 AM »

Night-fighters, sign up for a BETA!

The second phase of the NG-HUD is in the works. Among other changes and improvements the next version features a night-mode: font brightness and backgrounds adjusted according to the Sun position in the horizon.

Current implementation is not final but I need some feedback at this point. Monitor brightness vary among users and your inputs are important. If you like the NG-HUD and you are a true night fighter, I need you to test a beta in night summer/winter missions. It is important that you play a 'real' mission on a dark environment as it takes some time for the eyes to adjust to the light...

Sign up for the beta here in this topic (I won't accept private petitions). Up to five volunteers will get the beta. Thanks for your support!
NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

-=MaD=-

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2018, 05:31:41 AM »

1st to sign up for the beta?!

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2018, 02:11:33 PM »

1st to sign up for the beta?!

PM sent, cheers MaD

DaVa

« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2018, 01:34:35 PM »

Thank you for your work! It would be nice to make a hard-core mode, only the compass and map coordinates (as in the original).
Thanks.  ;)
Translated QTranslate, sorry.

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2018, 05:08:05 AM »

Thank you for your work! It would be nice to make a hard-core mode, only the compass and map coordinates (as in the original).
Thanks.  ;)

You mean like this?

Member hguderian requested in the past "the NoSpeedBar option to not show the heading info" but after reading your post I realized of the potential of the NoSpeedBar difficulty setting and I made some changes (sorry hguderian but you still can hide the HUD with the toggle SpeedBar key!). In the next version, when NoSpeedBar is enabled you will only get the heading (and optionally the sector), plus the Paused menu and the external views messages.

NG-HUD v2.0 will be released on Thursday. I am open to suggestions but please make sure to explain how you would implement that wonderful idea... ;)

Stay tuned!

DaVa

« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2018, 08:09:03 AM »

You mean like this?
That's right, thanks. Only on maps need to make the sector font more visible, if it is within your power, please.  ;)
Translated QTranslate, sorry.

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2018, 12:02:15 PM »

I am afraid that is beyond my powers (any my will). The map / minimap have nothing to do with the HUD class and I won't be touching any other class in this mod.

whistler

• Modder
Re: Next Generation HUD (NG-HUD) Mod v2.0
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2018, 12:57:53 PM »

Next Generation HUD (NG-HUD) Mod v2.0
  • Speedbar size reduced as much as possible
  • NoSpeedBar difficulty setting will now display heading/sector, the Pause menu and external views info
  • Font sizes, positions and colors revisited and standardized
  • New Night-Mode: icons & font brightness reduced during night operations

• New Trainer indicator: Attached
  • New Trainer indicator: Engine #number(s) currently selected
  • New Trainer indicator: Navigation & Landing lights / Smoke trails
  • Chocks/Gear and Wings/Flaps indicators merged to take less space
  • New flaps percentage
  • Trainer indicators stack in order (bottom-up) to take less space
  • New 'local time' (24h/12h) in PAUSED menu
  • New 'outside temperature' (°C/°F) in PAUSED menu
  • Fixed: Pause and external views info hidden from FMB

• Fake drop-shadow technique applied to Orders menu
  • New aircraft gross weight, remaining fuel (droptanks fuel get ignored) and nitro info in the Orders menu
  • New engine(s) information in the Orders menu:
    • Output power
    • Output water temp (Cylinder head temperature gauge)
    • Magnetos
    • Radiator (C.E.M. only)
    • Propeller Pitch (C.E.M. only)
    • Mixture (C.E.M. only)
    • Supercharger (C.E.M. only)

• New Bombsight Turn indicator background

• Improved 'Game Over' detection: Player dead / Player captured / Player bailed out / Aircraft inoperable
  • Many other small improvements I did not bother to document

The mod is now hosted at Mission4Today. Find a download link in the first post.

Have fun with it and... See you in skies! ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 29   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 23 queries.