Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: NG-HUD v3.6.1  (Read 98636 times)

larschance

Re: Next Generation HUD (NG-HUD) Mod v3.1
« Reply #168 on: February 06, 2019, 02:02:28 PM »

Thanks Whistler. All your work and from others is much appreciated. I realise it is difficult to create the right amount of detail without being intrusive.
Yes the input box says morse text but it means radio chatter as you say.
I have a 17inch Sony laptop connected to a 27inch Ilyama monitor which helps me see the enemy coming much sooner lol. Still getting my a.. kicked though.
I tried to change the screen to the 4.13.4 format which works as it should but the mods just wont let me. In fact it has played havoc with my laptop so I am reluctant to change the screen for now.

whistler

• Modder
NG-HUD v3.2 Release
« Reply #169 on: February 09, 2019, 03:57:39 AM »

Next Generation HUD (NG-HUD) Mod v3.2
:: Maintenance update - Embracing the Future ::

This update brings scalable HUD backgrounds and font position adjustments for ultra HD screens, namely 2K and 4k resolutions. I don't have an ultra HD monitor yet and some feedback is appreciated since I cannot test the changes in a real environment.

Among other improvements you can now adjust the HUD elements positions on the screen (from left, right, bottom, top). This feature is mostly for users with ultra wide monitors and three-monitor setups but it can also be useful for players with non-standard resolutions where the speedbar gets partly hidden.

Bug-fixes / Enhancements / Improvements:

• Radio chatter subs clear up when hiding the HUD to allow nice screenshots
• Chocks indicator removed when airborne to prevent a rare bug
• NG-HUD versioning number moved to the order's submenus
• Larger mouse pointer. Get back a smaller cursor by deleting:

NG-HUD/gui/game/cursors.tga

• Some pilots don't want to know the sector/grid they are in. You can now disable the sector indicator in the conf.ini. Possible values are 0 (off) and 1 (on - default)

[Mods]
    ngHUDsector=1

• Scalable HUD backgrounds and font position adjustments for ultra HD screens. It should all work 'out of the box' but you can manually change font sizes to your needs:

NG-HUD/font/arialb8.font     // IL-2 FMB header
    NG-HUD/font/arial8.font      // IL-2 FMB body
    NG-HUD/font/arialb10.font    // IL-2 GUI header
    NG-HUD/font/arial10.font     // IL-2 GUI body

NG-HUD/font/arialSmallZ.font // HUD icons (aircraft range/type/callsign)
    NG-HUD/font/hud.font         // HUD text
    NG-HUD/font/lcd.font         // HUD non-cockpit view indicators (Ctrl+F1)
    NG-HUD/font/sub.font         // HUD radio chatter subs

• Adjust in the conf.ini the HUD position. Useful for ultra wide monitors, three-monitor setups and non-standard resolutions. Values are in pixels and defaults are 0. Always use positive numbers! (distance from right, from left, from bottom, from top)

[Mods]
    ngHUDleft=0
    ngHUDright=0
    ngHUDtop=0
    ngHUDbottom=0

Note: the playing/recording timer gets created in a different class and will always be located in the right-most size of the screen.

Notice for Ultra wide monitors and three-monitor setups:

IL-2 uses the overall screen width to determine font sizes and that means you will probably get by default a huge font size and you will have to adjust font sizes manually.

Find below a quick solution to this problem:

1) Delete 'NG-HUD\font' folder
2) Rename 'NG-HUD\font_v3.1' to 'NG-HUD\font'

:: Downloads ::

Just like with previous updates, disable and delete any previous versions! v3.2 link can be found in the first post.

Have fun!
NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

-=MaD=-

Re: Next Generation HUD (NG-HUD) Mod v3.2
« Reply #170 on: February 09, 2019, 04:18:11 AM »

Eagerly waiting for this evening to test the new version!!!

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #171 on: February 09, 2019, 04:20:18 AM »

Are you -=MaD=- MaD? Didn't know you can change your username. Read carefully the release notes before complaining about HUGE font sizes! :D

(-=MaD=- has a three-monitor setup and he helped testing v3.2 in this environment - thank you Sir)
NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

-=MaD=-

« Reply #172 on: February 09, 2019, 04:26:27 AM »

Yes, thats me  :D
I read about font sizes - should be no problem. And if: I have this great working beta... ;D

arquillos

« Reply #173 on: February 09, 2019, 11:16:03 AM »

Thank you for the new version whistler!

larschance

« Reply #174 on: February 09, 2019, 03:39:09 PM »

Hi Whistler. Thanks for working on this so soon.
1. I loaded Ng HUD 3.1 into my Vpmod BAT and 4.13.4 set ups. It was great I could now see most of the info and change it to mph as is my want. On restarting the sim I found the H on my toggle speed bar control key has disappeared although the flight screen still shows as it should. Does this mean if I want to say change to kph then I have to assign the H to the toggle speed bar again? Not a problem just curious.
2. You state that the right screen info hud can be moved from bottom to mid right screen if you change lowinfohud from 0 to 1. I cannot find this entry in the config or control page.
3. With v 3.2 you say I don't need to touch the config but you list nghudleft, nghudright, nghudtop, nghudbottom with 0 numbers as mods. Do I have to add these to the config. And to move the nghud from the left bottom of the screen by say up one line would that mean changing the 0 to 5 or less. I have not added 3.2 yet.

-=MaD=-

« Reply #175 on: February 09, 2019, 10:59:20 PM »

@larschance: you are right. Just add the entries to your conf.ini. I'm not in front of my pc, but it should be in the Mod (or Mods?) section.

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #176 on: February 10, 2019, 02:03:46 AM »

Hi larschance,

1. Yes, use the 'Toggle Speed Bar' control key ('H' by default) to toggle km/h > knots > mph > hide the HUD > km/h > knots...

2. Open your conf.ini, search for [game] and add lowInfoHud=0 right below it. Restart the game.

3. Conf.ini settings are optional. You don't have to add any if you don't need them. Go ahead, deactivate and delete v3.1. Install v3.2.

Open your conf.ini, search for [Mods] and add ngHUDbottom=10 right below it.

You don't find [Mods]?

Then go to the very bottom of your conf.ini and paste there:

[Mods]
ngHUDbottom=10

larschance

« Reply #177 on: February 10, 2019, 12:58:31 PM »

Did as you instructed and wonderful, I now have all the info I need to get back to base and also keep up more efficiently with my leader. I added 3.2 to Vmodpack and will now add it to BAT and 4.13.4 Modact 6.4.
It seems the black bar at the bottom of my screen wont shift. This is what covered my course info. I tried going from Widescreen to Full Screen but it plays havoc with my computer settings. Anyway job done.
Once that is sorted I will add NG Cam.
Thanks again for all your advice and long may we fly this great sim.

larschance

« Reply #178 on: February 10, 2019, 04:22:12 PM »

I added the ng HUD to BAT 3.5 exactly as with Vpmodpack. I only inserted it into WAW3 jsgme and BATMOds folders and activated it. But it has not appeared when I start QMB on a WW2 mission. Do I have to add it to the other modules  to make it work.
In fact there is no bottom left screen info at all. When I deleted ng HUD and reinserted it still no speed bar info despite the settings. It may be my BAT install has changed somehow. I will check further.
At least Vpmodpack works. I am probably doing something silly and am too close to the trees to see the wood.

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #179 on: February 11, 2019, 01:56:47 AM »

Hi larschance,

That's not the way to go. Undo what you did in your BAT.

You will find in the download JSGME-ready mods for VP-Modpack, B.A.T. and standalone ModAct installs.

Copy [Pick a version > BAT > BATMODS > !#NG-HUD_v3.2] to your [IL-2 > BATMODS] folder. Activate !#NG-HUD_v3.2 with JSGME. That is all.

Regards,

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 29   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 21 queries.