Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: NG-HUD v3.6.1  (Read 98508 times)

javirulo007

Re: Next Generation HUD (NG-HUD) Mod v3.1
« Reply #156 on: October 10, 2018, 03:29:07 AM »

Hi javirulo007,

The conf.ini setting to hide the sector/grid/quadrant was removed in v3.0 - why, you may ask? because I am against conf.ini settings unless absolutely unavoidable. You may disable something one day and that change will cascade to all your installs and stay like that well, forever. The feature you disabled may get an improvement in the future and you just won't get the improvement unless you realise you have to change the conf.ini setting. That's 'my' logic.

OK Understood.

v3.0 was built with no map icons/path in mind (review THE CHECKLIST section in the first post). The sector indicator is there to help you understand where you roughly are. The sector indicator is also key to know where your leader or the next waypoint is located (The 'navigator' feature introduced in v3.0)

I don't think I understood. Do you mean that if I deactivated map icons I would not see the sector indicator? I think I have map icons disabled in game menu (I will check this night anyway).

Having said all that, I will send you via private message NG-HUD v2.7. You can disable the sector indicator in that version and use it if you are not interested in v3.X features.

Well, I can give it a shot but without knowing the features of that old version I think v3.0 is what I need.

It would be good to know why you want to hide the sector indicator. I would say you don't want navigational aids of any kind... Alternatives are 1) Hide the HUD when not needed 2) Don't use the mod (you probably don't need it!)

Cheers!
Yes, that's right... almost at least. I (or we, in our squad) don't want navigational aids, only the navigation bar and that is because of the difficulty to see in some cockpits the compass of the plane. But, If we activate the navigation bar, the sector indicator always appears with this mod. If in our squad we do campaigns, the navigation bar is normally allowed, but we like to force pilots to navigate visually, and unfortunately the sector indicator will save that work for pilots. That's the only reason. The reason for using this 3.0 (I am unconscious about features of 2.7 you mentioned) is that the trim position is shown in the screen, and that's super!!!
Again, thanks for you great mod.

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #157 on: October 10, 2018, 04:04:41 AM »

v3.0 was built with no map icons/path in mind (review THE CHECKLIST section in the first post). The sector indicator is there to help you understand where you roughly are. The sector indicator is also key to know where your leader or the next waypoint is located (The 'navigator' feature introduced in v3.0)

I don't think I understood. Do you mean that if I deactivated map icons I would not see the sector indicator? I think I have map icons disabled in game menu (I will check this night anyway).

No. The sector indicator will be there regardless of game/mission settings. This HUD mod is supposed to improve upon the stock HUD.

Having said all that, I will send you via private message NG-HUD v2.7. You can disable the sector indicator in that version and use it if you are not interested in v3.X features.

Well, I can give it a shot but without knowing the features of that old version I think v3.0 is what I need.

Each version comes with its own readme. Features and conf.ini settings are explained there.

It would be good to know why you want to hide the sector indicator. I would say you don't want navigational aids of any kind... Alternatives are 1) Hide the HUD when not needed 2) Don't use the mod (you probably don't need it!)

Cheers!
Yes, that's right... almost at least. I (or we, in our squad) don't want navigational aids, only the navigation bar and that is because of the difficulty to see in some cockpits the compass of the plane. But, If we activate the navigation bar, the sector indicator always appears with this mod. If in our squad we do campaigns, the navigation bar is normally allowed, but we like to force pilots to navigate visually, and unfortunately the sector indicator will save that work for pilots. That's the only reason. The reason for using this 3.0 (I am unconscious about features of 2.7 you mentioned) is that the trim position is shown in the screen, and that's super!!!
Again, thanks for you great mod.

You have a very good cadet program going on there! Thanks for the details. Trim tab positions are available in all versions, in a different format though: percentages vs keystrokes (v3.0). I will consider your request for the next version.
NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

whistler

• Modder
Re: NG-HUD Mod v3.1 - 4K and font size
« Reply #158 on: October 22, 2018, 05:48:57 AM »

4K and font size

My screen resolution is 1920x1080, the standard these days, isn't it? Probably not for gaming, but that's what I have. Anyhow I noticed this video by sgt_fresh. He uses NG-HUD with a huge resolution and the font looks very tiny to say the least. Since I don't own a large monitor, will anyone test and figure out at what resolution the HUD font should be larger? Right now the mod sticks to a size of '14' regardless of the resolution.

You can easily change font size in NG-HUD > font > hud.font - Open the file in notepad and add more lines in example: 2560 16 and 3840 18... to make it larger. Larger font sizes than '14' won't fit within the background limits but once I know the target sizes I can make backgrounds to fit.

The question is: does the default font size of '14' still look good at 2560x1440 or should it change to '16'? What about 3840x2160? is '16' ok or should it change to '18'?

New font defaults (HUD, GUI, Chat, Icons) will be included in the next version. Thanks for your collaboration.
NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

javirulo007

« Reply #159 on: October 22, 2018, 03:11:02 PM »

Sorry but I use 1920x1080 as well.
You are right, that size is too small for that video resolution you linked. I hope you find answer from another user.
Regards.

SpongeBob

« Reply #160 on: October 23, 2018, 09:24:23 AM »

Hi Whistler,

I'm using a laptop, so my resolution is a bit weird (1366 x 768).
At this resolution, 14 is a nice size for HUD font. However, in the FMB menus letters are too big and the map lists hardly fit on the screen.
I've found that at low resolutions as mine, it is better to change the font and size of NG-HUD_v3.0-Gold > font > arial8.font into:

[TTFFile]
  arialbd.ttf (instead of arial.ttf)
[CharSize]
  1366  12 (instead of 14)

Sorry, but I cannot test it at higher resolutions, so I cannot help you in your specific request.

blackshark

« Reply #161 on: December 17, 2018, 03:08:13 AM »

thank you very much for this mod, the "sector" feature is GREAT ... and thank you for the morse messages too.

I do have a question about sectors ... your mod is not for DBW-4.10 and so I use benitomuso mod in dbw ... but maybe there is an "easy" way to add the sector info ? I miss is so much in DBW ....

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #162 on: December 17, 2018, 03:50:43 AM »

My screen resolution is 1920x1080, the standard these days, isn't it? Probably not for gaming, but that's what I have.

Nowdays 1080p is pretty much the standard resolution for gaming:
https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/Steam-Hardware-Software-Survey-Welcome-to-Steam

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #163 on: December 18, 2018, 04:00:17 AM »

Thanks javirulo007 and SpongeBob for the feedback.

Nowdays 1080p is pretty much the standard resolution for gaming:
https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/Steam-Hardware-Software-Survey-Welcome-to-Steam

60% of steam users have 1920x1080. Not bad. Thanks vpmedia, nice link.

I do have a question about sectors ... your mod is not for DBW-4.10 and so I use benitomuso mod in dbw ... but maybe there is an "easy" way to add the sector info ? I miss is so much in DBW ....

Hi blackshark,

I don't use 4.10 and I have no interest in porting the mod backwards. Sorry. Any modder is free to further mod NG-HUD, backwards or forwards.

Regards,

blackshark

« Reply #164 on: December 18, 2018, 09:16:19 AM »

no problem, I will enjoy the sectors in 4.12 ;)

and I discovered today the ng-map and ng-cam  8)

arquillos

« Reply #165 on: February 03, 2019, 08:56:16 AM »

Hi whistler,
Downloaded and tested in v4.13.4
Working so nice...
Thank you very much!!!

larschance

« Reply #166 on: February 06, 2019, 12:47:25 PM »

Thank you so much for this marvellous addition. It has saved my poor eyesight and I can now fly into storms with the course home on clear display if necessary. The H control is a great idea. I have turned off the morse text as it doesn't always tally with the voices, a hard thing to create. It distracts anyway but is nice to have the option. I have yet to try the other aspects.
It is showing perfectly on v4.13.4 with Modact6.4 (laptop screen 1366x768, monitor screen 649x480x32). However, on Vpmodpack and BAT3.5 (both 1280x759) the bottom line i.e. course is cut in half. Is it possible to raise the speed bar information one line say. I have tried to alter my screen but the data seems to be set to lie at the bottom of the screen regardless.
Any advice would be appreciated.

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #167 on: February 06, 2019, 01:05:35 PM »

Hi larschance,

Morse text.. I guess you mean radio chatter? ;)

Interesting resolutions you have there! Unfortunately you cannot raise the speed bar at this moment but I recently implemented some changes for people to adjust HUD elements from the right and left sides of the screen and I will look to do the same from top and bottom.

I will put a 'beta' version out soon and you will have the chance to test it.

Regards!

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 29   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 25 queries.