Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: NG-HUD v3.6.1  (Read 98210 times)

whistler

• Modder
Re: Next Generation HUD (NG-HUD) Mod v2.7 ~MAINTENANCE UPDATE~
« Reply #120 on: July 04, 2018, 03:56:20 AM »

This can be difficult to troubleshot. Nobody else reported similar issues. CUP and BAT are complete different beasts at this point and I don't have plans to install CUP. Even if I do install it I am sure your CUP has been further modded.

Send the full log and a mission log (use the code tags or upload them to https://pastebin.com if too large). I am not a log expert but perhaps someone spots something.

I will send you v2.6 to confirm the issue arose in v2.7
NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
« Reply #121 on: July 04, 2018, 10:58:00 PM »

Thanks whistler i think its just my installation as you rightly say my CUP is moderately modded with stuff from BAT etc. I dont remember this issue with 2.6 so fingers crossed!
Mick

Same with 2.6? Must admit havent flown much lately so may have missed it? Not sure how to post using pastebin? log to big for here!

UPDATE! Reverted back to v2.5 (thanks for sending the download) and all ok!
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB DDR6, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, 256GB/500GB Crucial SSDs, Windows 10 64bit.

blackshark

« Reply #122 on: July 07, 2018, 07:08:46 AM »

I like this HUD, I have two questions:

first: I am very used to have the messages on the right of the screen at middle screen level (not at the bottom) ... , is there a way to use this HUD but have them not at the bottom right ?

second question: if I want to see the "12 navigation characters" to find my carrier direction (sorry if I am not very technical), I press tab+e but when i receive the Morse letter (each 30 sec ...) on the screen the "12 navigation characters" slighly overwrite the Morse character (I mean, if the Morse letter is "E" I am not able to see if it is a "E" or a "F" ...). Do you think you can move the "navigations characters" slightly lower ?
Lastly, If I am on a F6F going back to my carrier, I would like to have all the time the "12 navigation characters" on my screen, but it would be better to not have all the COMMS menu, but only the navigation letters ... do you think is it possible ?

ianp

• If the mind is blind the eyes can't see. ⛔🌏⛔
« Reply #123 on: July 08, 2018, 05:49:40 PM »

Game changer for me in that i have started doing night missions with no map icons and have a grid reference to confirm that i am lost :-|, thank you very much.
Earths atmosphere and the so called vacuum of space cannot exist side by side without solid separation, where is it?

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #124 on: July 09, 2018, 01:48:46 AM »

Hi Blackshark,

first: I am very used to have the messages on the right of the screen at middle screen level (not at the bottom) ... , is there a way to use this HUD but have them not at the bottom right ?

Not currently implemented but sure, slated for the next version.

second question: if I want to see the "12 navigation characters" to find my carrier direction (sorry if I am not very technical), I press tab+e but when i receive the Morse letter (each 30 sec ...) on the screen the "12 navigation characters" slighly overwrite the Morse character (I mean, if the Morse letter is "E" I am not able to see if it is a "E" or a "F" ...). Do you think you can move the "navigations characters" slightly lower ?
Lastly, If I am on a F6F going back to my carrier, I would like to have all the time the "12 navigation characters" on my screen, but it would be better to not have all the COMMS menu, but only the navigation letters ... do you think is it possible ?

I will take a look... but I am not sure about the second part.

Hi General,

Game changer for me in that i have started doing night missions with no map icons and have a grid reference to confirm that i am lost :-|, thank you very much.

** UPDATE: Solved in v3.0 Gold **
Careful with the sector indicator, some maps vertical/Y longitude/coordinates do not start with a 1 and the grid displayed in the HUD will be wrong. In example the (stock!) Hawaii map start with a 56. Why? Dunno. A question for map makers/experts, why would this be and is the starting Y number stored somewhere?

NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

ianp

• If the mind is blind the eyes can't see. ⛔🌏⛔
« Reply #125 on: July 09, 2018, 04:53:32 AM »

Careful with the sector indicator, some maps vertical/Y longitude/coordinates do not start with a 1 and the grid displayed in the HUD will be wrong.

Thanks for the info Whistler i will include that as a pre-flight/campaign check.
Earths atmosphere and the so called vacuum of space cannot exist side by side without solid separation, where is it?

Type83Fighter

• It needs a tailhook.
Re: Next Generation HUD (NG-HUD) Mod v2.7
« Reply #126 on: August 15, 2018, 04:13:47 AM »

I just find this today. Very cool. The interfaces look a lot more modern. Thanks!
"You seem to be disappointed in my efforts only because my efforts were disappointing"

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #127 on: August 19, 2018, 08:42:30 AM »

KingTiger503

• Legendary History Luftwaffe Elite Ace ,,, FAC# 53
  • Supporter
  • KT503 Elite
« Reply #128 on: August 19, 2018, 10:13:32 AM »

Cool I can’t Wait for your New Unveil 3.0
My Greatest and Best Regards KT503

Treetop64

« Reply #129 on: August 30, 2018, 07:58:01 AM »

**  Wrings hands in anticipation  **

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #130 on: August 30, 2018, 09:37:43 AM »

2 weeks 2 days

Treetop64

« Reply #131 on: August 31, 2018, 12:00:52 AM »

2 weeks 2 days

:D
After all these years that still hasn't gotten old.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 29   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 26 queries.