Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: FMA IAe-33 Pulqui II  (Read 2764 times)

locopiston

FMA IAe-33 Pulqui II
« on: March 04, 2018, 12:06:48 AM »

The opening of the Super School emboldened me and I started making my favorite silver flying barrel. ;D

First, gather a lot of data and create a complete database of 2D drawings.

Then, I started doing 3D modeling. I have it ready!

Now, very little by little, I'm doing things that I do not do but I think I'll be able to solve them.

I have done all the work in AutoCAD, which is my native program. But it has a 100% compatibility with the 3Dmax.  :-X

I am learning the whole protocol of names, and seeing how I do to map all those pieces with a skin. :-|

I do not have the slightest idea how to program or animate ... in that I'm going to ask for help from friends! :-[

FMA IAe-33 Pulqui II
In the immediate post war in Argentina…     At the General Peron firs government.
After the flight of pulqui 1 (first Latin-American jet, straight wing, poorly speed) design laddering by Emile Dewotine, he left Argentina to back from France.
In ends of 1948 an Argentinian team of engineers Morchio and Ricciardi start to make a real fast fighter for that time.   They design a single engine axial compressor jet with low wing whit a swep of 35° and NACA 16009 profile.

The director of FMA (fabrica militar de aviones) proposed to add two new engineers from Germany to the team. They presented themselves as Pedro Matties (Kurth Tank) and José Maria Choel (Reimar Horten). They basically proposed to make a Foke Wulf Ta-183.  Argentine engineers knew the plane as a Tank plane, they were not willing to make a copy. Having never seen a photograph of Tank they did not know who he was, and they discussed some characteristics of the German plane.

The farce lasted little and immediately everyone realized that it was the famous Tank, who now led the design office of the fighter.
Despite this, the aircraft retained the NACA 16009 wing profile and the complete structure of the fuselage, landing gear included, designed by the Argentine team.
FMA had obtained 3 Rolls Royce Nene II engines to test in prototypes and manufacture it under license.
The first Pulqui II flew on 06/16/1950 and continued its development program until 1955, changes were made to: the front wheel of the landing gear; profile of leading edge in the wing implantation to eliminate the aerodynamic shadow on the elevator; prolongation of the rudder; exhaust nozzle; fences channelers on the wings and finally a more powerful engine the RR Nene VII.
In 1951 several official demonstrations of the plane were carried out, commanded by General Peron, showing his jewel and trying to export it.

It was exhibited to the prince of Holland, which was interested as well as the Spanish government. Both the Americans and the Soviets dedicated publications and interest in the new fighter.
The performance was similar to the mig-15bis but with twice the autonomy and duration in flight. Due to the vastness of the Argentine territory that had to cover an interceptor fighter.
By 1955 the development was complete with the fully operational prototype and 10 cells ready to begin serial production of the first 100 for 1956.

In mid-1955 there was a coup d'état against Peron, carried out by sectors of the "rural society" the "Catholic Church" and the "naval aviation" which was called the “liberating revolution”.
Among other atrocities, the Plaza de Mayo and the government house were bombed, injuring more than 2000 people and killing 400.
The airplanes that participated were painted with a badge that consisted of a cross on a V, and the slogan was "Cristo Vence"

The operating Pulqui II was taken by the rebels and painted with the badge.
It is not registered which was specifically its activity, but the fuselage was marked by the deflagrations of the guns.
Then he participated in the "Victory Parade" with two Gloster Meteors.

Peron's plane had turned against him.

The new government's policy was diametrically opposed to the industrialization, so production was delayed.
In 1957 the construction of one pre-series aircraft, of a series of 100, began.
The government of the United States of America offered 100 F-86 sabre of the Korean War at a scrap price.
That offer definitely grounded Pulqui II  :(
Of those 100 sabres only 28 F-86F-40 arrived 4 years later, 8 without the engine. ::(

Pulqui II is a metaphor for Argentina, when you want it can, but they do not leave it.
Likewise everything good is tinged with something dark.

Can you give me a hand!?  o_O
am still very stubborn and I will finish it one way or another! ;D

I do not know how to upload files since I have several. any link to tutorial?

I hope you like it!

cheers!

KingTiger503

• Legendary History Luftwaffe Elite Ace
  • Modder
  • KT503 Elite
Re: FMA IAe-33 Pulqui II
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 04:51:12 AM »

Nice, Very Nice.
My Greatest and Best Regards KT503

singüe

• No por mucho amanecer, se madruga m
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 09:20:48 AM »

Se merecía mejor destino. Veo un montón de trabajo y horas metido ahí. Espero que tengas ayuda y lo acabes. Desgraciadamente no tengo ni idea de java ni de 3D.

ianp

• If the mind is blind the eyes can't see.
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2018, 06:52:11 PM »

Very interesting and informative good luck with your project.
Water always finds its own level, must be contained and refuses to Conform with any shape, natural Science.

CDS025_DOGO

• Saludos Camaradas
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2018, 07:10:50 PM »

Que grande el Pulqui II, lo que en verdad pudo ser y no fue la aeronáutica nacional Argentina.
saludos y espero que tengas éxitos con tu proyecto.

locopiston

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 05:45:27 PM »

First prototype of skin done! ;D

Now we have to map and correct. :-|
It is a slow process, and at this moment I am with little time. but I will continue. :-[

Thanks to those who have encouraged me to continue. ;D

Cheers!

Ivan-le-Rouge

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2018, 09:46:42 AM »

Good luck for this project, it will complete the list of non american/russian jets!

vudu_1

• Modder
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2018, 08:41:33 PM »

First prototype of skin done! ;D

excelente laburo mi viejo...muy bien modelado!!!!!!..mira yo de java ni idea ahora de como meterlo al juego es medio un kilombo pero si queres te explico.cualquier cosa chiflame

Cheers!

Dimlee

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2018, 12:50:44 PM »

Great project. Wish you good luck.

If completed, we'll be able to fly real Tank's jet instead of "sci-fi" version of Oleg !  :D

Alemart_el_Redentor

• Major, Argentine Virtual Air Force. Owner, Tsiou L&Sg.
    • Yuxtapuestoelmono on deviantART
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2018, 08:18:55 AM »

Che y como va esto?, algun progreso?

locopiston

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2018, 01:29:24 PM »

I'm with a lot of work, that leaves me very little time to continue my pulqui. :(

Start the process of migrating it from AutoCAD to 3DMax.
It's a nightmare with the cylinders ... and much worse in an airplane that is a barrel with wings. :P

Slow but safe :-[

VandelayOfficial

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2018, 01:36:28 PM »

The work you've done so far looks excellent!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 26 queries.