Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: BoX forum down  (Read 3103 times)

Mission_bug

• Modder
Re: BoX forum down
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2018, 12:12:52 PM »

I know of one with the same problem, he had the wrong IP adress somehow

o_O

Using the launcher links for the game I can run that but try from there to the site and the same issue, times out.

Strange thing is I came across a Russian link and that I could load. :o

This is a strange one, if the IP adress was wrong then I would not be able to run the game and I have had this since the beginning so what gives.

I can also log into the Russian site, usually though mine is English.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2018, 03:40:28 AM »

Hello guys, managed to get it back, not sure how though. :D

Did a few searches through things that check IP addresses, had it listed in Ireland!

Anyway after much searching and fucking about I clicked a picture and it came forth. o_O

What the fuck did they do with the place, dammed nearly blinded me, sorry, do not like the new look. :(

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2018, 06:34:35 AM »

Hi Pete,

I don't like the new look either, but that's the modern times - the page looks much better on mobile devices now, which probably is the most business critical part of it.
Concerning your connection issues we've seen similar things with Blaubaer in the past.
The whole il2sturmivok.com + IL-2 Great Battles Servers are hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
AWS uses a Content Delivery Network (CDN).
CDNs take the main content and mirror it to servers worldwide, so that when you issue a request for an AWS Server, the CDN will look for the "best" mirror to serve the content to you.
This is the same thing for both the il2sturmovik.com website and the IL-2 Great Battles "Master" Server (for the latter, this is the reason why logging in to the game takes such a long time, because the CDN mirror needs to be fully synced with the main server before you can proceed).
Sometimes certain CDN mirrors run out of sync or lose their routing accessibility, this is when from some parts of the world you just cannot reach the servers anymore, while others have no issues at all.
There's nothing you can do about that. Literally nothing.
The best you can do is sit back and relax, and try again 12 hours later.
CDNs are well monitored and if there is some connectivity on their side, they will usually fix it within half a day without anyone needing to start a riot about it ;)

Cheers!
Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2018, 02:15:57 AM »

Hello Mike, thank you very much for the information, really appreciated. 8)

Now I know what goes on I will in future sit back and relax and wait for everything to come back together. ;)

As far as the new look goes, still cannot get used to the brightness, other sites including this have a lot of White, however, they seem to break up the rather clinical look somewhat and make it easier on the eyes.

So far as phone's go you are probably right, however, I think it fair to say most of us do our visits from the PC while at home so that really should be the main consideration, we are hardly likely to attract most of the world's youth are we even with better access for their mobile phones.

Guess I will visit less from now on.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2018, 08:35:08 AM »

we are hardly likely to attract most of the world's youth are we even with better access for their mobile phones
Not sure about that.
However I'm sure that without better access for mobile phones, we will definitely not attract young guns at all.
And without fresh blood, the whole genre is condemned to die.
"Keep up with the times or time will pass you by"

Cheers!
Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

sniperton

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2018, 11:17:59 AM »

Here at SAS we've got a tinted, broken white background with sharp and contrasted letters. Reading texts is not a pain.
What most people criticize (including me) at the BoX forum is the direct opposite of this. It's not just about functionality and layout, it's about easy readability and visual ergonomy. Would it be that hard to create an alternate colour scheme for desktop users?

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2018, 12:41:04 PM »

we are hardly likely to attract most of the world's youth are we even with better access for their mobile phones
Not sure about that.
However I'm sure that without better access for mobile phones, we will definitely not attract young guns at all.
And without fresh blood, the whole genre is condemned to die.
"Keep up with the times or time will pass you by"

Cheers!
Mike

You might be right, but it is necessary also to retain the established users, they have been pushed behind in regard to offline game play in favour of all the bright and shinny new things the few howl for.

As far as keeping up, I have by buying into the new game instead of trying to forever keep a hold on our old and trusted game. ;)

Anyway, I hope it does bring in the youth, pulls them away from Xbox and PS4, although I like to use them myself also, some amazing games out there if your reflexes can keep up, mine though are shot at.

Back to the issue in question, I swear there has been a change there today, looks like there is a block between each thread which makes it more bearable, then again my eyes might have got over the original trauma. :D

Take care guys.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 29 queries.