Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Best way to play BAT multiplayer with some friends?  (Read 4429 times)

Huey-Long

Best way to play BAT multiplayer with some friends?
« on: February 21, 2018, 06:18:34 AM »

Hello, I really like playing Il-2 when I was younger. Me and my dad were always playing Il-2 and someday, when I got a bit older, hey I want the buy 1946 version! So i bought it and found that there was mods for it and I heard you could still play Il-2 1946 in multiplayer.

So my question: What is the best way to play BAT in multiplayer with friends? Do I need something to be download, like some sort of client? Is it even possible? How does it work?

Its like the typical question  ;D

KingTiger503

• Legendary History Luftwaffe Elite Ace ,,, FAC# 53
  • Supporter
  • KT503 Elite
Re: Best way to play BAT multiplayer with some friends?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 07:21:52 AM »

B.A.T doe not have a Multiplayer under 4.12, Only UP3 RC4 has a Multiplayer under 4.10,
My Greatest and Best Regards KT503

Huey-Long

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 07:52:59 AM »

Really? BAT does not support it? :(

Alright thanks for your replie

And if can I ask some more if I want to play in vanilla multiplayer, how do I do it?

ecf111

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 08:44:55 AM »

UP3 RC4 is this, I believe:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,16374.0.html

I'm sure once you start on that section in the forum you'll find more info.
I think playing online has a whole different set of issues, BAT designed for offline single-player. I don't know much else about it, I'm sure UP has lots of fun mods in it too.
Create.

Huey-Long

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 04:33:17 PM »

Alright, thanks for your help!!

tomoose

• Modder
  • Iiiiiiiit's ME! Hurrah!!
    • 71 "Eagle" Squadron
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 06:00:05 PM »

HSFX is also intended for online play.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2018, 01:22:24 AM »

Difference between HSFX and BAT/UP3 is: HSFX is dead and won't be developed any further. BAT and UP3 are alive and kicking.

Cheers!
Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

tomoose

• Modder
  • Iiiiiiiit's ME! Hurrah!!
    • 71 "Eagle" Squadron
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2018, 09:42:53 AM »

I know BAT is designed for offline so would you say UP3 is the next logical step for online play if moving on from HSFX?

Koi

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2018, 10:38:14 AM »

Ok this question keeps coming up but I now believe the wrong question is being asked. The answer to" CAN BAT BE PLAYED ON LINE? is yes. But  here the question really seems to be  is does BAT have an in game comms  system for group play. The answer is NO.
 If one wish to have any in game communication set up for group play one would have to use a third party comms set up like Ventrilo. The cost of these systems  usually  are based on number of player in the group. An on line search will turn up free game comm systems  too, many simply use Skype. Our group play on line and we use Ventrilo. One simply  rent the host server but the clients are free.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2018, 12:43:45 AM »

I can't see where the opening post was asking comm questions, but thanks for pointing that out nevertheless Koi. To complete your statement, let me say that no IL-2 version ever had a working ingame voice chat. The provisional code is there, but apparently it never worked.

would you say UP3 is the next logical step for online play if moving on from HSFX?
Yes and no.
It's two completely different pair of shoes.
HSFX is IL-2 1946 4.12.2m + SEOW. It's a special version made for and by a special squad (242 Sqn) who liked to play a special fashion of the game (Scorched Earth Online War, "SEOW", a persistent coop campaign system).
Since HSFX included a certain set of mod planes and it was tested for online compatibility, it grew famous among online IL-2 1946 players.
Unfortunately, HSFX always contained a set of bugs and glitches, most notably maybe the "spawn bug" (you spawn above enemy territory instead on your homebase, exisits since HSFX 6), which have never been addressed successfully and, most important, HSFX development has ceased long time since and the whole 242 Sqn website which once hosted HSFX development is gone these days.

UP3 is IL-2 1946 4.10.1m + Full featured Zuti MDS + Nearly every mod available at that time.
The UP3 Patch Pack Series added a couple of features on top, e.g. IL-2 4.13.4 AI code, ordnance view, weapon release mod switch, fully tested online replication etc. - all of these improved a lot over official IL-2 1946 standards, even compared to 4.13.4m.
This is the most sophisticated online compatible pack available these days.
And not to forget it's the only pack featuring the full size version of Zuti's Moving Dogfight Server "MDS" with resources management, repair/refuel/rearm and much more.
And Jets (subsonic that is).
And Missiles (early ones).
And so much more.
A small set of very special features from later base game versions has not been ported so far, e.g. some AI commands like "guard area" are not in yet and "taxi to takeoff" is missing as well, so if you are one of the two persons on earth using such feature, you will have to wait for it to be carried over to UP3.

Cheers!
Mike

Chrival

• The wacky guy
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2018, 04:47:54 AM »

"taxi to takeoff" is missing as well, so if you are one of the two persons on earth using such feature

I'm the second one !  ;)
IMHO, it's very immersive.
Oops, sorry to be off topic

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2018, 04:57:25 AM »

IMHO, it's very immersive.
How many missions do you have where AI uses that feature? One? Two?
Not saying that it isn't immersive, it's just that it's one of those features which have been implemented in a way that makes it so barely useable.

Cheers!
Mike
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 25 queries.