Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: fw190 Motor management  (Read 1339 times)

startrek66

• IL2 4.09m+UP2.01/4.10.1m+UP3RC4
fw190 Motor management
« on: February 17, 2018, 06:36:17 AM »

Hello to all. I fly exclusively fw190 A ... on version 4.09 and Up 2.01 of the game. Where can I find information on engine management for this phenomenal warbirds and would also like to know your opinion on the loyalty of your flight model.

KiwiBiggles

• Modder
Re: fw190 Motor management
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 06:19:26 PM »

Hey ST,

I'd recommend studying the manuals that ship with the game to understand how the flight models work in the "game world".  Google is your friend for "real world" information.  Then, to marry the two worlds together (to your individual taste), you need to unpack and modify the "flight model" file which is called "buttons", using the flight model editor which is called "NTRK Wizard"... you'll be starting to appreciate that the game developers didn't really want you poking around in here!  ;D

I don't know of a FM tutorial as such--it's very much a Dark Art--and you have to remember FM "improvements" are very subjective, you're taking a complex physical object in the real universe and reducing it to a very old (but much loved) piece of gaming software.  FM editing was closely guarded, I suppose in part for fear of online cheating. I have myself made simple changes like adding a 'Schilling Orifice' carburetor to early Merlin engines in Spitfires and Hurricanes (NOT historical but more fun to dogfight...IMO) as a very modest example.

To get you started, I can point you here:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=55371.0

Beware NTRK Wizard is UNSUPPORTED... so you're on your own out there!  :)

For FM discussions in general, also see here:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/94-fm-discussion/

Good Luck!!

KB

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 02:07:29 AM »

The FW190 BMW engine had a Kommandogerät, a kind of mechanical ECU (engine control unit) that was way ahead of anything else at the time ...

This ECU discharged the pilot of a lot of hassle to manage the engine, so he was less distracted and could concentrate more on all the rest ...

Read here for more ...

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/3547-bf-109-engine-management-vs-kommandogerat/

startrek66

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 11:45:41 PM »

I will read carefully the contents of the links you have indicated to me. I will probably understand the reason for the strange behavior of the ATA indicator which sometimes shows sudden changes in values. do you have the same experiences? thank you

startrek66

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 03:31:06 PM »

I ask you if the models of the fw190 available with UP2.01 are on par with the characteristics of those present in UP3.0 rc4. What do you tell me. Thank you
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 25 queries.