Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Unofficial PAL HUD Config with BombSight Assist  (Read 9476 times)

whistler

• Modder
Unofficial PAL HUD Config with BombSight Assist
« on: February 15, 2018, 02:45:35 AM »

UPDATE 06/03/2018:
You may find of interest my updated version of the PAL HUD Config with BombSight Assist.
Check the Next Generation HUD (NG-HUD) Mod...

Time ago benitomuso integrated his HUD Mod into the VisualMod. As great as VisualMod is, it has been crashing lately my BAT, most precisely since Angels High. Storebror suggested (no link, Angels High Service Packs topics seem to be gone...) not to use it for the time being and I am afraid further development of B.A.T. / Engine Mod / Other mods will get matters worse. I get periodic CTDs in DOF right in the middle of missions and that, my friend, is a problem. It is time (for me) to release the VisualMod from the front-line. I will keep using it occasionally though because I like most (if not all) of its features: 3D, aircraft switcher, Walking Pilot...

I got accustomed to the Hud improvements and the Bombsight Assistant and that is something I cannot be without now, so I downloaded the last VisualMod Pablo published (where he moved the log to the bottom-right corner of the screen) and isolated the HUD mod (I did not alter any class in case you wonder) and I now present you the:

Unofficial PAL HUD Config with BombSight Assist for 4.12.2 and B.A.T.
:: PALs HUD Config with BombSight Assist isolated from Visual MOD V9 ::

The last official version of the standalone HUD Config Mod I could find is for 4.12.1 (here) so I decided to keep the name but change the game version (4.12.1 vs 4.12.2). All credits to benitomuso (PAL/Pablo) for his truly excellent mods, including this one. Since the VisualMod and all its extras are not included, this mod is now compatible with other visual mods that could not coexist before such as western's Ordnance View (if you have the Engine Mod), Storebror's Camera Mod... and it is of course compatible with all-time favourites like benitomuso's MiniMap...

DOWNLOADS and CONF.INI settings

The mod comes in one zip but it contains two different JSGME-ready versions: one for ModAct and another for B.A.T. Download the mod, extract it, pick your winner and enable it using JSGME. This mod may not work if you have other HUD mods installed. This is the case of VP Modpack... I do not say it won't work, but be warned that VP Modpack comes with its own Hud modifications....

DOWNLOAD: https://www.mediafire.com/file/c4u03vxc41k2l3c/PALsHUDConfig-v4122_20160411-Unofficial.zip - 1,67MB

Copy the parameters below to the [Mods] section at the end of your conf.ini. Careful, you may already have some of these settings in your conf.ini!

You can switch units (Int/Brit/US) with the 'Toggle Speed Bar' HotKey. A further keystroke will hide the on-screen items completely, which is quite useful to take screenshots.

Code: [Select]
[Mods]
PALHUDMode=1
HUDLogLines=3
HUDLogColor1=FFFFFFFF
HUDLogColor2=FFFFFFFF
HUDLogBottomColor1=FF0000FF
HUDLogBottomColor2=FF00FFFF
FullSpeedbar=0
MixedSpeedbar=1
SpeedbarUnits=1
SpeedbarTAS=0
SpeedbarSIToo=1
SpeedbarGMode=1
BombSightAssist=1
BombSightAssistConf=3
SpeedbarShowExtraInfo=1
SpeedbarDragSet=0
SpeedbarWeightSet=0
SpeedbarHPSet=0
SpeedbarRPMSet=0
SpeedbarTempSet=0
SpeedbarAoASet=0
SpeedbarVSpeedSet=0
SpeedbarFlapsSet=0
SpeedbarTrimSet=0

CONF.INI Settings explained (from different sources and personal testing)

PALHUDMode
0: Traditional (Stock)
1: Digital Numeric - DEFAULT
2: Gauges

HUDLogLines Maximum number of HUD log lines - DEFAULT IS 3

Regarding IL-2 color values, I found the following explanations from SAS~Storebror here:
<AABBGGRR> represents an inverted RGBA value in hexadecimal notation, meaning that the first two characters define the transparency level reaching from 00 (transparent) to FF (opaque), the next two characters define the blue portion of the color etc.

HUDLogColor1 is the initial color of "normal" log messages, per default this is opaque white (FFFFFFFF).
HUDLogColor2 is the final color of "normal" log messages, per default this is opaque blue (FFFF0000).
HUDLogBottomColor1 is the initial color of "bottom" log messages (usually WEP engagement), per default this is opaque red (FF0000FF)
HUDLogBottomColor2 is the final color of of "bottom" log messages (usually WEP engagement), per default this is opaque yellow (FF00FFFF)

FullSpeedbar
0: You will only see heading info if the in-game 'No Speed Bar' setting is enabled - DEFAULT
1: You will always see Speed, Altitude and HDG info even if the in-game 'No Speed Bar' setting is enabled

MixedSpeedbar
0: You can only see the information of your plane in external views
1: You will see information of other planes in external views - DEFAULT

SpeedbarUnits (Switch also modes with the 'Toggle Speed Bar' HotKey)
1=International
2=British Imperial
3=U.S. Imperial

SpeedbarTAS
0: IAS (Indicated Airspeed)
1: TAS (True Airspeed)

SpeedbarSIToo
0: U.S.
1: SI (International System of Units)

SpeedbarGMode
0: No G indication
1: Shows G when overload - DEFAULT
2: Permanent G indication
3: Permanent G indication plus airframe overload reference

BombSightAssist
0: Off, no bomb-sight information is shown
1: bomb-sight information in the Bombardier cockpit only - DEFAULT
2: bomb-sight information in Pilot and Bombardier cockpits (this will hide the 'Extra Info' found below)
3: bomb-sight information in any cockpit view of the plane (this will hide the 'Extra Info' found below)

BombSightAssistConf (Use 3 to see all values when PALHUDMode=0)
0: Off, no bomb-sight values are shown
1: Only Bomb-sight angle
2: Bomb-sight angle + time to ground.
3: Bomb-sight angle + time to ground + horizontal distance to target

Topic about the BombSight Assist and how to use it

SpeedbarShowExtraInfo
0: Off (it will also hide the Bombsight Assistant!)
1: Show Bombsight Assistant window and Extra Info (see options below)

About Speedbar Extra Info:
------------------------------
0: Off - The value is not displayed
1, 2, 3...: Order upwards from the G value (you can skip lines to set an empty line, in example: 1, 2, 4, 5, 7...)

You can set in example the values as follows, and you will get what can be seen in the first image of this post.

SpeedbarDragSet=0
SpeedbarWeightSet=0
SpeedbarHPSet=9
SpeedbarRPMSet=8
SpeedbarTempSet=7
SpeedbarAoASet=5
SpeedbarVSpeedSet=4
SpeedbarFlapsSet=2
SpeedbarTrimSet=1

Let me know if the mod works ok for you. Oh, and before you ask, I did not test it in any other version of IL-2: This mod is 4.12.2 / B.A.T. 3.3 certified only.

See you in the skies! - whistler -
NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

whistler

• Modder
Re: Unofficial PAL HUD Config with BombSight Assist
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 05:43:47 AM »

Here you have one additional feature extracted/ported from the VisualMod9:
Disable head-tracking in external views (use mouse)

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/gvxncj7bi5oukkq/Disable_Head-Tracking_In_External-Views_4122_2018-02-16.zip

It is NOT configurable.

From the Readme:
com\maddox\il2\engine\hotkey\HookView.class [6CEC31F64B80CABC] modified
from original 4.12.2 to disable head-tracking in External Views (use mouse)
An idea by benitomuso (ported from PALs VisualMod9)

And now, a clarification on a previous statement:

[...] Since the VisualMod and all its extras are not included, this mod is now compatible with other visual mods that could not coexist before such as western's Ordnance View (if you have the Engine Mod), Storebror's Camera Mod [...]

Note that it is either one or the other, not both at the same time. The two make use of the same class. Actually, if you now use the "Disable head-tracking in external views" mod, you won't be able to use any of the other two or any other mod that uses the HookView class... prioritize your requirements!

There is now a better all-round solution: Next Generation CAM (NG-CAM)
NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 06:38:02 AM »

Interesting cutout, thanks for this whistler.
Definitely worth giving a shot with BAT.

Cheers!
Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

ecf111

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 06:38:09 PM »

Thanks a bunch for this, I was wondering how folks got that HUD in the corner. Working fine in BAT so far!
Create.

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 04:24:02 AM »

I just added the BombSightAssistConf setting to the first post. If you have PALHUDMode set to 0, and BombSightAssistConf is not set, it defaults to 1. I recommend to always use 3.

BombSightAssistConf=3

BombSightAssistConf (Use 3 to see all values when PALHUDMode=0)
0: Off, no bomb-sight values are shown
1: Only Bomb-sight angle
2: Bomb-sight angle + time to ground.
3: Bomb-sight angle + time to ground + horizontal distance to target

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 05:38:19 AM »

Try as I might I cannot get this too work in my CUP install? Tried everything but still get the default HUD messages? No pretty boxes or anything? I use VM9 without classfiles as I like to use the changing font ability it provides.
Am I missing something simple here???
Cheers
Mick
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB DDR6, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, 256GB/500GB Crucial SSDs, Windows 10 64bit.

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2018, 08:11:01 AM »

Hi Mick,

I packed the Mod ready for B.A.T, not for C.U.P. You must rename the folders #DOF3/#TGA3/#WAW3/#JTW3 to #DOF/#TGA/#WAW/#JTW and then enable the mod in JSGME... Make sure to use the settings I provide (avoid duplicate conf.ini settings!)

By the way, I adventured into the code and I am implementing some changes: reddish/bluish icons depending on the army of the player/actor, huge G warning :P ... WIP!

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2018, 08:44:56 AM »

Thanks mate i will try that, i dont normally use jsgme but put mod folders straight into my #WAW folder - i take it that doesnt work then?
Mick
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB DDR6, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, 256GB/500GB Crucial SSDs, Windows 10 64bit.

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2018, 08:49:46 AM »

Sure it will work. Take in example the folder B.A.T >>> BATMODS >>> #BAT_00-PALsHUDConfig-v4.12.2-Unofficial >>> #DOF3 >>> ! ! ! PALsHUDConfig-v4122_20160411 and copy it into your #DOF/#TGA/#WAW/#JTW folders.

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2018, 11:50:57 PM »

Thats what i did but it doesnt show? The HUD info moves to the bottom right but thats it no nice boxes or anything?? Added the [MODS] stuff in my conf.ini as instructed but nought!
Strange

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2018, 02:35:36 AM »

Possible reasons are:

- You have the Hud hidden: map the 'Toggle Speed Bar' HotKey in controls (I use H as in 'H'ud) and press it to show/switch/hide the Hud
- PALHUDMode is set to 0 in conf.ini: it should be set to 1 (share your conf.ini [Mods] section)

ecf111

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2018, 01:26:26 PM »

PO,

I don't know if this is the same issue, but I was going crazy trying to get it to show and was about to post. I had to toggle 'No Cockpit View' (CTRL F1 default in BAT), before my 'Speed Bar Toggle' would work. I have to do this every time I load the game now but it's not a big deal. I'm using BAT though.
Create.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 24 queries.