Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Patching  (Read 864 times)

mitcheyc

Patching
« on: February 13, 2018, 05:45:46 PM »

i have my game patched to 4.13.4 and i want to get it back to 4.12.2 to install the BAT mod thanks for the help ;D

Captain Dawson

Re: Patching
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 09:33:35 PM »

Best surefire way to do this is to just start over. If you only have one install of IL-2, just uninstall and reload it. Back up your conf.ini and Users folder if you want to save your settings, and your Missions, and Paintschemes folders as necessary if you want to save whatever you had in them. If you plan to do a lot of modding, I recommend keeping a backup of the CLEAN 4.07 version (or whatever the oldest version you installed from is) so you don't have to uninstall/re-install every time. That way you can just make duplicates beforehand and patch each of them to whatever version you need. If you mess up (and trust me, you will at some point) just delete it and make a new copy. CTRL-C and CTRL-V are your friends. I have currently have 8 installs on my drives for different versions and modpacks.

If you have any other questions let us know, and someone will be glad to help you eventually.
"It's totally foolproof, until you mess something up." -Captain Dawson My OP rig: CybertronPC Palladium custom desktop computer, GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5, CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5 GHz 6M Cache Skylake Quad-Core, RAM: 8.00 GB, Motherboard: Intel H110 Chipset, SSD: 240GB, HDD: 1TB, OS: Windows 10

asheshouse

• SAS Team
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 01:13:03 AM »

If you have enough disk space then you can copy the entire game folder, rename the copy to v4.12.2, then overwrite the folder with all of the 4.12. 4.12.1, 4.12.2 patches, in the correct order.

This will leave a few sfs files which are not used but otherwise will work ok as 4.12.2

mitcheyc

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 04:04:32 PM »

thanks for the help guys im getting a fresh install and going back to get some more installs for BAT and VP if i can figure VP out

Atoka220

• Bomber
  • Modder
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 12:44:34 PM »

There are 2 certain things in life: Death and CTDs
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 22 queries.