Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: SE Asia maps retexture pack  (Read 10933 times)

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
Re: SE Asia maps retexture pack
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2018, 01:16:10 PM »

I have looked at these re-textured maps and I must say they are brilliant.  I particularly looked more closely at Viet Minh and 3BG Korea. 

VM looks excellent and better than my own retexture.  I did notice the static.ini file is smaller than mine.  It looks like some of the smaller houses on the south side of Haiphong are missing which would explain the smaller static.ini.  Doing this does not detract from Haiphong but probably makes frame rates a little faster over the city.  I wonder if Hanoi or other places have buildings missing?  Anyhow, I give your VM map 5 stars  ;)

3BG-KTO looks great as well.  The airfield textures are much more fitting to the surrounding areas (especially Pusan's and the other one just up the eastern coast - can't remember the name!).  Coincidentally, just a couple weeks ago I had replaced airfield and city textures on this same map!  I used vpmedia Berlin city textures and must say they looked very nice (the buildings were originally placed using a similar stock texture so the buildings fit better along the streets).

This map could be much better if there was more populating and more attention to location details.  I have always wanted to make missions for the early war retreat to the Pusan perimeter but many small towns are missing where there were battles.  I noticed at least one airfield missing and some roads seem out of place going over hills.  It would be nice if someone could add more detail to this map.  Vpmedia has greatly improved on the textures but the map still falls short of what it could be.

Thank you, vpmedia, for all the nice work.  I'm sure it was not easy to get all the textures looking just right.

Squashman

• Modder
  • I am Spartacus
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2018, 03:53:23 PM »

Well done VP and copy all of the above.

We all know how much work these big maps demand - thanks very much  ;D

regards
Squash

farang65

• never two weeks two decades
  • SAS Team
  • Fortress Formosa
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2018, 06:25:58 PM »

WOW Most Impressive VP  :D ;)

Awesome work  :D

Cheers,
Kirby

ecf111

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2018, 06:51:31 PM »

Thanks a bunch vp, these are the primary maps I've been working in and this is great! I agree with Czechtexan though, the 3bg map is great but is lacking in many critical features and the cy6 maps just don't go that far south.  Thanks again!
Create.

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2018, 07:09:26 AM »

Thanks for the comments! :)

I did not add any buildings to the maps because I was not satisfied with the currently available asian objects. I think that Korea would require at least 15 new buildings.

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2018, 10:28:01 AM »

I did not add any buildings to the maps because I was not satisfied with the currently available asian objects. I think that Korea would require at least 15 new buildings.

What types of buildings do you need ?

If those buildings' shapes are simple and look not so long time needed for 3d modeling, I will try them for changing my modding mood.
Only Java coding or tackling complex wing curves 3d are tired.  :-X

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2018, 11:08:13 PM »

Thanks for the offer, but i think I can manage with the available 3d models.

First I need to find info about 1950's-1960's Korean and Vietnamese architecture.

Lagarto

• Modder
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2018, 03:23:19 PM »

Great pack, thank you. It made me wonder - would you have a go at re-texturing the Lower Burma map some time in the future?

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2018, 07:41:36 PM »

Great pack, thank you. It made me wonder - would you have a go at re-texturing the Lower Burma map some time in the future?
what?  :o you don't like my most recent re-texture? ;)
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,31616.0.html
just kidding.  I know it can be improved.  Just thought maybe you didn't know of the last re-texture version.

su35flanker

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2018, 09:36:10 PM »

Ag_Viet_Minh map does not work while other maps are working properly. I can open the Ag_Viet_Minh map in full mission builder, it looks very detailed. But when I save and play, nothing happens. I can not enter the task created. Can you help me solve this problem? Thanks a lot

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2018, 01:28:37 AM »

Try posting your logfile after running that mission again:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=13457.0

Rwatson

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2018, 01:40:16 AM »

I've never added a map before and have a question..Do these go in the malmods folder..I found the all.ini file and added the lines needed ...Thank you for any help ..Putting them in VP MOD and BAT Beautiful work VP
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 23 queries.