Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is Expert Mode  (Read 3256 times)

tomoose

• Modder
  • Iiiiiiiit's ME! Hurrah!!
    • 71 "Eagle" Squadron
What is Expert Mode
« on: January 26, 2018, 07:08:24 PM »

I found a few posts on this but nothing that specifically states what Expert Mode does.  Our little group is currently flying with the History mod on but not Expert Mode as we're unsure what it might do to our current campaign.

Any info is appreciated.

cheers,
Tomoose

Kopfdorfer

• Potez 63.11 France's most significant AC in 1940
Re: What is Expert Mode
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 07:27:43 PM »

Someone more involved with the process of compilation of HSFX please correct me ,
but my understanding is that expert mode contains modified fms for many (most,all?)
aircraft , that the HSFX team felt were closer to "realistic" flight characteristics , than those
included in the base 4.12.2 build.

There is a zip file within Gamefolder/HSFX V7 Tools & Read me's called IL2CompareHSFX7Expert Mode. When unzipped it contains lists of data for aircraft - there is no readme , but it seems that this data is likely the data used in the Expert Mode fms.

I'd love to be corrected or endorsed on this and with some more detail about the history of this (no pun intended) , but alas , the chief author - Charley Chap is no longer easily accessable to the
general community.

This is my best stab at this.

Kopfdorfer

tomoose

• Modder
    • 71 "Eagle" Squadron
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 11:52:29 AM »

Kopfdorfer;
thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  I found the IL2Compare file but damned if I can figure out what it's telling me.
For example, our little group is using P-47Ds in a coop campaign.  I open IL2Compare and select P47 from the top list and P47 on the bottom list.  Is the top list "stock" and bottom list "expert"???
No idea.

hoddyman

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 01:08:07 PM »

I'm not sure how relevant this is to the question asked, exactly, since I use BAT, not HSFX, but my Il2 selector has a check box in the settings menu for an "expert mode" (the selector settings have had this option before "BAT", as well). Next to the check box, there's a little field to input an "authorization code", and it apparently won't work without one. I would like to know what this is about, as well- like who gives out the "authorizations" to use "expert mode", and if it's even a use-able thing for my BAT installation. Does anybody know?

ianp

• If the mind is blind the eyes can't see. ⛔🌏⛔
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 11:00:24 PM »

Hi tomoose, inside the folder "HSFX V7 Tools & Read me's" is a file called "ReadMeComplete.DOC" that is the expert mode read me. 

"The modifications of flight and engine models presented in this work have started with an analytical evaluation of aircraft performances". taken from the read me.
Earths atmosphere and the so called vacuum of space cannot exist side by side without solid separation, where is it?

Kopfdorfer

• Potez 63.11 France's most significant AC in 1940
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2018, 07:56:14 AM »

Thanks , General.

Kopfdorfer

tomoose

• Modder
    • 71 "Eagle" Squadron
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2018, 12:58:52 PM »

Actually I had seen that Readme General but again it seems aimed at engineers and doesn't help at all.

I have to assume that Expert Mode simply makes the FM for various aircraft more realistic.  Yes?  No?

kukulo

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2018, 03:08:08 PM »

I think there is no simple answer to your guestion. If I remembered it correctly, expert mod uses Aachens flight models. They are different to stock and hsfx flight models. I know poeple whose love stock flight models but I know poeple whose love Aachens FMs. So Expert mode uses FMs whose were based on lets say different point of view in comparation to stock and HSFX FMs. There are more features included in Expert mode. Not only Aachens FMs (if I remebered it correctly all ship AAA gun barrels are firing on target for example and much more). Expert mode was used (maybe still is used) on SEOW servers (large COOP online campaigns).

tomoose

• Modder
    • 71 "Eagle" Squadron
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2018, 05:11:20 PM »

kukulo;
thanks for that info.  To be honest I don't fly stock vs HSFX anywhere near enough to make any comparisons.  We've been flying HSFX without Expert Mode so far for quite a long time.  If we switched Expert Mode on, for example, would we be shocked or are the changes subtle?

I'm really more interested in what the mode brings to the other items as you mentioned (e.g. AAA guns etc) but I can't find that particular info.  A lot of our missions are ground attack so if Expert Mode brings smarter AA and/or smarter ground objects that might be worth the switch.

I guess the Bottom Line Up Front (BLUF) is;  Is it worth switching it on mid-campaign?

kukulo

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2018, 05:36:22 PM »

I cant check docs in hsfx to see more details on expert mode now. Maybe later.

About FMs... I know guys who stopped fly expert mode Focke wulfs. They realised that stock wulfs are much more realistic. Those were really experienced wurger riders. On the other hand many poeple flew SEOW campaigns on expert mode without stopping fly it due its FMs.

Personally I do not think that switching to  expert mode in your campaign will make your planes rocket ufos. But I saw expert mode usable for SEOW online campaigns mostly. Personally I like stock and HSFX flight models.

Atoka220

• Bomber
  • Modder
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2018, 07:09:02 AM »

It also adds lots of loadouts. 4 example, B-17 has originally 3. Frag, 16x500lb and 8x1000lb. But Expert mode adds lots of loadouts. Like 50lbs, 100lbs, incendiaries, incendiaries mixed with 500 or 1000lbs and so.

An example of 6x500lb incendiaries mixed with 4x500lb 'regulars'
There are 2 certain things in life: Death and CTDs
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 21 queries.