Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reason to BACK-UP  (Read 649 times)

<Gunny>

Reason to BACK-UP
« on: January 23, 2018, 06:21:32 PM »

Today I was cleaning up my H/D where all my downloads for planes, ships, you name it I had it all there.
I was zipping folder after folder and copying to a thumb drive for safe keeping.

I deleted a folder I had just finished copying and then every thing I had stored was gone........ That was an OH SHIT time for sure.
Every thing was just gone. That was 5 years of stuff........................ I have to say I almost lost it.

Last Saturday I had restored my system --- With that I was able to restore my H/D and recover every thing that had been Deleted.

So folks   BACK-UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whistler

• Modder
Re: Reason to BACK-UP
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 08:43:26 AM »

As important as it is to back up, you must also backup often, and that can be time-consuming if you back up the whole thing manually each time...

I have been using Create Synchronicity for years: easy to set up, fast and reliable, open source and portable. It supports mirror and incrementals. Makes backing up a breeze after the first full backup. Best I could find back in the day... couldn't live without now!

NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 25 queries.