Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: new WIP map of Tasman Sea  (Read 5311 times)

fatty_finn

• Modder
  • "no idea"
Re: new WIP map of Tasman Sea
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2018, 01:12:50 AM »

hi dsawan.
Thanks for asking about the Tasman Sea Map. Your interest is greatly appreciated.
Shouldnt be too hard for me to make a 4.12 SAS version.
one conflict  is likely due to the non-original texture I referenced in Tasman.. ver 3:  "Generally_airfield_grass.tga" [mentioned in the readme]
other conflicts will be in airfield objects, I guess. 
Hope to update soon.  [2 weeks...?]
f_f

Piotrek1

• SAS IL BYTES BACK
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2018, 09:49:26 AM »

hi fatty_finn,
hi dsawan.
Thanks for asking about the Tasman Sea Map. Your interest is greatly appreciated.
Shouldnt be too hard for me to make a 4.12 SAS version.
one conflict  is likely due to the non-original texture I referenced in Tasman.. ver 3:  "Generally_airfield_grass.tga" [mentioned in the readme]
other conflicts will be in airfield objects, I guess. 
Hope to update soon.  [2 weeks...?]
f_f
The map is very nice (Thank you! once again) and works very well in  4.12 (VpModpack) version,
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,58592.0.html
Maybe not the best screenshots, but Is this what it should look like?

Regards,
Piotrek

fatty_finn

• Modder
  • "no idea"
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2018, 12:37:19 AM »

Thanks Piotrek.
good to know the map will run with 4.12+VP modpack.
I'd be interested to know also if the 3 missions supplied with the map will run in your game version.
yours, f_f
ps yes - that's what it should look like!

dsawan

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2018, 08:01:38 AM »

Hi, thx dfor reply. looking forward to an Sas modact version 4.12.

Piotrek1

• SAS IL BYTES BACK
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2018, 08:05:52 AM »

Hi fatty_finn, Generally speaking, all missions work very well, the only problem is the objects that VP modpack does not have,
but after closing the dialogue window informing about the lack of an object, you can continue the mission,

some missing objects for the WAW_Glenn invadesB mission;
Code: [Select]
Mission: class 'vehicles.stationary.SeaSound$SeaSoundENV' not found
[2:22:47 PM] Mission: class 'vehicles.stationary.SeaSound$SeaSoundENV' not found
[2:22:47 PM] Mission: class 'vehicles.stationary.SeaSound$SeaSoundENV' not found
[2:22:48 PM] Mission: class 'vehicles.stationary.Ambient$Ambient4' not found
[2:22:48 PM] Mission: class 'vehicles.stationary.SeagullSound$SeagullSoundENV' not found
[2:22:48 PM] Mission: class 'vehicles.stationary.SeagullSound$SeagullSoundENV' not found
[2:22:48 PM] Mission: class 'vehicles.stationary.SeaSound$SeaSoundENV' not found
[2:22:48 PM] Mission: class 'vehicles.stationary.SeaSound$SeaSoundENV' not found
[2:22:48 PM] Mission: class 'vehicles.stationary.Windsock$Windsock3' not found
[2:22:48 PM] Mission: class 'vehicles.stationary.Windsock$Windsock3' not found
[2:22:48 PM]

Mission: class 'ships.CZOldCarpenter$Fairplay_IV' not found
[2:23:04 PM] Mission: class 'ships.CZOldCarpenter$Fairplay_IV' not found
[2:23:05 PM] Mission: class 'ships.CZOldCarpenter$HMCSChelsea' not found
[2:23:05 PM] Mission: class 'ships.CZOldCarpenter$HMCSChelsea' not found
[2:23:05 PM] Mission: class 'vehicles.stationary.Windsock$Windsock2' not found
[2:23:14 PM]
bld House$MechWalking01
for the mission TGA_gypsy moth I 1st leg :
PlMisHouse: ActorSpawn for 'com.maddox.il2.objects.buildings.House$RAF_Bus5' not found
and for the TGA_Te Kao aeroclub mission
Vehicles.BritishCavalrythe rest of your maps: Norfolk Island and the map of lord howe island also work smoothly,
flying over these beautiful maps is a great pleasure, Thank you again for making them,
Best regards,
Piotrek

fatty_finn

• Modder
  • "no idea"
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2018, 11:19:45 PM »

Thanks Piotrek.  very helpful information on the missing objects.
your screen shots look fine too.
One thing though, about the mission "TGA_gypsy moth I 1st leg":  When I fly this, the ship in front is not on fire!
f_f

Piotrek1

• SAS IL BYTES BACK
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2018, 06:06:35 AM »

You're welcome.
Actually, not a ship, when I start a mission, the fire is already there.

Piotrek

mandrill

• Modder
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2018, 12:58:45 PM »

In the last photo, why don't you try sinking that steel matting object into the ground? That way, it won't stick up like that.

Piotrek1

• SAS IL BYTES BACK
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2018, 01:43:09 PM »

In the last photo, why don't you try sinking that steel matting object into the ground? That way, it won't stick up like that.
in fact, this steel object protrudes above the ground, but I am not sure which parameters in static.ini should I change.
Piotrek

fatty_finn

• Modder
  • "no idea"
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2018, 12:20:52 AM »

Hi chaps
1) re fires appearing in "Tasman Sea" missions:
something very wrong here-looks like a pyromaniac is on the loose!
on checking these missions in BAT, each of the fires you see in 4.12 corresponds to my placement of the BAT "seagulls" object -which I guess VP modpack doesnt have?
if anyone can explain why they are rendered as "fires" in the latter - let me know!  [maybe they are recognised as ENEMY seagulls, and someone has a shotgun!!??]
[I find these missions  dont run at all in 4.13RC04, Modact6.01 - so obviously more work needed on general compatibility]
2) re raised steel matting= Te Kao airstrip:
that large steel object is a practice landing ground -available in BAT as a stand-in for an aircraft carrier [though you can also place them on land, by editing the mission file].
As explained in the Tasman map's readme, these are the only "airfields" from which you [or the AI] can spawn, if you are >1000km east of the map's western edge. The map is 1200km wide**, so I used them as landing grounds in NZ only. You'll note I also put some in the far-eastern ocean, for spawning of enemy aircraft. [Though you can also use real carriers, of course]
These metal objects are available as either raised, or flush with the surrounding surface.
As they rock like a moving ship, parts of the flush version go below sea level [or ground level] as they rock, and so dont work well as airfields [especially in rougher weather].
 Looks odd as you say, but the better compromise I thought. And works much the better, for the "floating dock" in the town.
f_f
**In the real world it's 1200 miles wide - but this map's size is scaled down, by 1.6:1.

Piotrek1

• SAS IL BYTES BACK
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2018, 04:34:24 AM »

I think you are right, maybe this is the reason,
in Vp there are no seagulls, probably there are also no their sounds, or generally sounds of the sea.
I tried to install this mod:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,7916.0.html
Unfortunately it doesn't work in Vp.
Piotrek

fatty_finn

• Modder
  • "no idea"
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2018, 08:12:04 PM »

regarding my reply number 2 above - concerning the steel matting runway:
how dumb am I ?
there are "stationary ship" options for this matting in BAT/TGA - which do not rise & fall with the sea.
So, the new version of the three mission files will have the runway at the Te Kao Aeroclub lowered to ground level [as Piotrek suggested].
f_f
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 22 queries.