Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AH-1 Cobra V1 to huey-D  (Read 6517 times)

damienn902

• Modder
AH-1 Cobra V1 to huey-D
« on: January 07, 2018, 10:20:32 AM »

Hello, with the permission of SAS~Bombsaway I propose a variant to the cobra with a new fm and sonor engine

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,42004.0.html

and moreover I propose you to replace it with a bell UH-1 huey-D carried them but do not forget that this is a 3d adaptation and not a franken
and this huey has a new propeller and tested in multiplayer

https://www.mediafire.com/file/j7cc56hpjr1gt5h/-BA%27s+AH-1+V1+to+huey.rar
  (this is just the 3d that replaces that of the cobra)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/v2odb6skyfhv757/-BA%27s+AH-1+V1+sound%2Bfm.rar
(improved cobra with a new sound engine and a fm edit more pleasant and more realistic)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/fz9r8atroz3j5tr/-BA%27s+AH-1+V1+to+huey%2Bsound%2Bfm.rar
(a cobra with a new sound engine and a fm edit more pleasant and more realistic, and with the 3d and cockpit huey-D free il2 moding)

my english is bad sorry=> google translate

Fathan

Re: AH-1 Cobra V1 to huey-D
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 06:52:49 PM »

how do i install this mode, like just drag it and replace the AH-1 or delete the entire AH-1 folder and replace with this one??

Hubberranz

• Modder
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2020, 06:01:30 PM »

I never installed this mod.   ( ..of the three downloads in quote, select/install ONE: ..third one looks good.. ).

But since no one else has answered:
- I bet it is a complete aircraft.
- it has no slot, therefor it takes over completely the other mod/aircraft.
- I would not recommend having both set of files present at the same time. Remove or neutralise any previous A1H files.
- Drop in the 3 files from within one of the proposals (1of3), but do not try to install static entries of the first file , until much later.
- IF AH1 statics already exist, an equivalent/or first file of the trio must absolutely be present. Take no further action for statics.
- be sure to use air.ini entry line of the regular A1H mod ( add only if not there already ):
AH1-Cobra              air.AH1 1                            NOINFO  usa01 SUMMER
...see in the read.txt of second file, there is also  an entry line for an AI driven version.
If you ever find skins, current folder is  AH1-Cobra; you can eventually rename/create UH1-HueyD skin file, using this edit instead:
Code: [Select]
UH1-HueyD              air.AH1 1                            NOINFO  usa01 SUMMER...don't forget to actually create the UH1-HueyD file in skins folder, after that.

...purely cosmetic actions follow...

- Add/replace into Plane.properties this edit of the info:
AH1-Cobra              Bell model 205 UH-1D "Huey", 1963
...or, if a new skin file was renamed/created, only add the new line:
UH1-HueyD              Bell model 205 UH-1D "Huey", 1963 

...be aware a Huey-D does exist with it's own slot. Behavior, skins, sounds et.c might be different in that case.

Fathan

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2020, 09:45:16 AM »

I never installed this mod.   ( ..of the three downloads in quote, select/install ONE: ..third one looks good.. ).

But since no one else has answered:
- I bet it is a complete aircraft.
- it has no slot, therefor it takes over completely the other mod/aircraft.
- I would not recommend having both set of files present at the same time. Remove or neutralise any previous A1H files.
- Drop in the 3 files but do not try to install static entries of first file , until much later.
- IF AH1 statics already exist, equivalent/first file of the trio must absolutely be present. Take no further action for statics.
- be sure to use air.ini entry line of the regular A1H mod ( add only if not there already ):
AH1-Cobra              air.AH1 1                            NOINFO  usa01 SUMMER
...see in the read.txt of second file, there is also  an entry line for an AI driven version.
If you ever find skins, current folder is  AH1-Cobra; you can eventually rename/create UH1-HueyD skin file, using this edit instead:
UH1-HueyD              air.AH1 1                            NOINFO  usa01 SUMMER...don't forget to actually create the UH1-HueyD file in skins folder, after that.

...purely cosmetic actions follow...

- Add/replace into Plane.properties this edit of the info:
AH1-Cobra              Bell model 205 UH-1D "Huey", 1963
...or, if a new skin file was renamed/created, only add the new line:
UH1-HueyD              Bell model 205 UH-1D "Huey", 1963 

...be aware a Huey-D does exist with it's own slot. Behavior, skins, sounds et.c might be different in that case.

the vehicle model didn't appear in the game

Hubberranz

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2020, 02:41:50 PM »

Your status is not clear at all: game version; modact, modpack; error log; the WHERE, how and when of any event occuring, et.c..
-  ..so far we have not been talking about vehicles; as for the stationaries, they WILL not be moving.
- ...I do not have 'hands on' on this mod; ..I simply do not use the mod. > - next post, I'm now testing -

Assuming you are talking of stationaries ( quote: "vehicle" ):
Either you had an AH-1 stationary beforehand or NOT.
If none existed before, it is a safety measure to wait until the aircraft works before any attempt to install such statics.
If/when you have an UH-1D working (???), you can then proceed and follow instructions given in the first file.
Failure to install stationaries properly will result in a crash of your game at 70%.

-  Note that it is unadvisable to make large quotes. They are just repeating same info, taking much space.
   You can edit any quote to a smaller to the point size.

Hubberranz

• Modder
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2020, 03:50:41 PM »

Third proposed model now tested in 412.2 SAS 5.3             ..with few mods, environment details are:
!        1VictorSOUNDMod_V5,4,2_4.12           ..mod works without it: ..see next comments.
! !  00_WeaponsPack_V1.3_20160923          ..presets and samples of second file are being over-written here, yet again! See P.S.
! ! SAS Common Utils_v1,10
! ! SAS_Engine_2.7.4w_full_20170604_FullThrottleFlame
...QMB does not enter into arming screen ERROR/ PLAY crashes into Blue Field ( quote: "no vehicle" ).
[/cod[10:46:54 PM] INTERNAL ERROR: Can't open file '3DO/Plane/Textures/Pilotv3.tga'
[10:46:54 PM] WARNING: object '3DO/Plane/Textures/Pilotv3.tga' of class 'TTexture2D' not loaded
[10:46:54 PM] INTERNAL ERROR: Texture required ...
[10:58:01 PM] WARNING: object '3DO/Plane/Textures/Pilotv4.tga' of class 'TTexture2D' not loaded  ...
[11:02:56 PM] WARNING: object '3DO/Plane/Textures/xxpilot_US_kr.tga' of class 'TTexture2D' not loaded ...
...et.c.
..solution: adding 'generic' TEXTURES file from "huey-D free il2 moding".
( To designers notes: ..strangely mats do point exteriorly for generic tgas while some of these very tgas are indeed present internally.. )

P.S: ..due to the same sound mods loading in/with priority, as shown in the environment above, the mod's
preset and samples files should be loaded before all of these other files to hear the new starting sounds!
The new audio experience includes a No-Lull continuity of the turbine starting sounds up to the rotor sounds.

TEXTURES Download V2:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/hsq28suyx64zatc/AH-1_Cobra.7z/filely
- Patch onto AH-1_Cobra file, aka the second file, the file by the same name:
                AH-1_Cobra

- V2 includes a "moved priority" sound mod. Just drop-in this part as a mod. It's not the actual patch:
   !           sound mod newHuey-D
  ..in order for that mod to be effective, do not rewrite/change it's name prefix (= ! + spaces ). Only more spaces will do

Hubberranz

• Modder
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2020, 05:37:08 PM »

WOW it sure flies EZ.  ;D

Better FM without the really bad tendencies of it's earlier life:
I experienced no fear at all of looping, and no disgraceful bumpy-switching from slow-cruising to fast-cruising!
It flies like charm and lands like a feather, no fuzz. ! Aiming the weapons becomes a sure handed affair.
I was able to perform 180' on the spot turns ( slightly bumpy ): very useful to quicken the kills...

Truly deserving of it's own slot!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 21 queries.