Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SKIN-WIP___________Jasta 27 Dreideckers  (Read 697 times)

Fresco23

• Part-Time Skinner
  • Modder
  • F.A.C. #23
SKIN-WIP___________Jasta 27 Dreideckers
« on: December 18, 2017, 05:53:24 PM »

As stated in the title, Im working on a set of Tri-planes of Jasta 27. Using MAX's great template!

Expected to be ready in a day or two! So far I have Rudolf Klimke, and an unknown pilot.

Stay tuned!

Regards

EDIT

It has become known to me, that MAX-TheHitman has already released a Klimke skin for this fighter. I didn't realize this when my announcement was made, but I think that's ok. This skin set will be built on his template, and will use his crosses, but the Jasta 27 yellow paint, and all personal markings will be new.

This won't be the first time that skin artists have created multiple versions.

I hope you'll all enjoy them as much as I have enjoyed the research that got me here. LOL

Regards
Fresco-23
cogito, ergo sum armatus

David Prosser

Re: SKIN-WIP___________Jasta 27 Dreideckers
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 07:46:14 PM »

Well done. There are never too many skins for any plane in the sim. Especially skins for planes in naval, or foreign service.

Peter Lynn

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 01:13:22 AM »

Beautiful work, fresco. That streaked finish is very difficult to replicate, (In 1/72 scale,the tripehound is butterfly sized) but you have really done a great job with these skins.

Fresco23

• Part-Time Skinner
  • Modder
  • F.A.C. #23
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 09:34:46 AM »

Thanks for the feedback guys! I tried several different weathering techniques on that yellow paint. Don't want it to be "Factory Fresh" Each aircraft's paint and "wear" will differ slightly when I'm done.

Peter Lynn, thank you for the kind words! However, as of now, the streaks are MAX's originals with a little adjustment. As such I won't take credit for those. However, I think I may push back the release a bit and try to develop my own take on it! I think it could be interesting, and give a more personal look to my skins.

(Plus, I'm a big fan of Max's work, and I don't want to steal credit from him!)

regards
Fresco-23
cogito, ergo sum armatus

RealDarko

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 12:36:44 AM »

Beautiful skins!!

Peter Lynn

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2017, 02:44:24 AM »

Hi Fresco, since there were all sorts of variations in how this finish was applied, your interpretation of this scheme would be more than welcome, and thank you for straightening me out as to the artist for the supplied samples, which are no less beautiful! Early production D7s were also finished with vertically streaked fuselages, while combinations of lozenge flying surfaces and streaky fuselages were also delivered I believe....or I could be dead wrong.... :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 25 queries.