Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prop pitch management  (Read 1402 times)

Blaubaer

Prop pitch management
« on: December 18, 2017, 02:31:03 PM »

Has anyone made it to manage the prop pitch softer/slower?

Regards, Michael (X52pro)

sniperton

Re: Prop pitch management
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 05:16:34 PM »

In most planes the pitch setting is automatically regulated through the RPM setting, where higher RPM involves a finer prop pitch setting, while lower RPM a coarser one for the given throttle level. That is, you don't have to set prop pitch (as in Il-2 1946), you have to set RPM instead. Exceptions are German fighters where also the RPM setting is automatic (you only need to adjust the throttle, all the rest is done automatically). In some exceptional cases (mostly takeoffs and landings) you may want to switch off the Kommandogerät and regulate the prop pitch manually, but this is optional and you don't really need it.
Generally you take off with 100% throttle and 100% RPM (for takeoff or emergency power), then reduce your RPM when climbing (for climbing or combat power), then you also reduce your throttle (for cruising or unlimited power). It's a different logic than in Il-2 1946.

Blaubaer

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 02:32:16 AM »

RShift + Minus and RShift + equal are my keys for operating both, the prop pitch (german planes) and rpm (russian planes). My problem with the key strokes (in both cases) is: the values jump from 0 to 100 in a few seconds so that I can't adjust the desired value properly.
The Saitek programming software should provide a solution - but not for me. (Don't know why.)

Regards, Michael

sniperton

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 03:36:57 AM »

Sorry, I misunderstood your question. I use a different stick+hotas with Joy2Key to define keystrokes, and I don't have this problem. Just a blind guess, look for a keypress delay option, so that the software doesn't send a continuous keyhold input to the game, but separate keypresses every Nth millisecond.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 29 queries.