Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Coral Sea & Solomon Sea including Rabaul  (Read 8996 times)

Marat

Re: Coral Sea & Solomon Sea including Rabaul
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2020, 01:38:16 AM »

Dear Squashman! Thank you very much for your updated version! Now everything works fine! Very beautiful map! The only thing I do not have the Oilpalm_greenfields_07 texture. I replaced it by Oilpalm_greenfields_02. Now everything is OK  :)

Squashman

• Modder
  • I am Spartacus
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2020, 07:05:13 AM »

Hi Marat
Glad you like the map.
I am planning two earlier versions - August 42 and June 43 to reflect the developing allied progress in Operation Cartwheel

I think Oilpalm_greenfields_07 is included in Cyberolas Singapore map

regards
Squash

Marat

« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2020, 01:39:34 PM »

Yes, the map is very beautiful and needful!
Hope your earlier years versions will be as beautiful as this one.
BTW, I have no such Oilpalm_greenfields_07 texture in my Singapore map, only Oilpalm_greenfields_02. But it works fine anyway  :)

Squashman

• Modder
  • I am Spartacus
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2020, 02:18:55 PM »

Thanks again
Maybe I will include the Oilpalm_Greenfield_07 texture in the next update  ;D

Plowshare

• Modder
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2020, 07:02:21 PM »

Could you tell me where the more noticeable new towns and textures are?

I'm using BAT 3.8.2 and I just flew a mission out of Vella Lavella I quickly threw together. This map looked suspiciously like the previous version I have in BAT 3.7.2 so I fired up 3.7.2 and the map, at that point, is the same. As mentioned above by Marat the ground is covered with the texture he shows in his screenshot.

I installed Cyberola's Singapore map textures (even though the map is already in BAT 3.8.2) just in case of the problem mentioned above about Oilpalm_greenfields_07.

Have I done something wrong in the install?

I've loved this map due to the scale and the added flexibility to fly to Rabaul and/or have the enemy fly from there. Unfortunately, the ground texture was too monotonous but hey, the advantage of the extra distance and targets kinda outweighed the visual effect.

Like Marat I'm looking forward to your next endeavour!

Bob

Squashman

• Modder
  • I am Spartacus
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2020, 06:12:05 AM »

Hi Bob

Strange! I too am using BAT 3.8
Are you positive you replaced the old map with the new download? Or maybe forgot the all.ini entry?

As Marat confirms - there is a noticeable difference!

Plowshare

• Modder
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2020, 01:26:28 PM »

And this is why I'll never be able to fly a plane!!

Okay, I found that I was using the wrong download and missed the "_43" that is the difference between the two maps. I corrected the all.ini entry after putting the "sq_Coral-Sea_Solomon-Sea_43" folder in the "MAPS" folder.

However, there is now a problem with getting the map to show.

End of log.lst:
Code: [Select]
INTERNAL ERROR: Can't open file 'MAPS/_Tex/land/pacific/jungle.tga'
INTERNAL ERROR: LoadTextureFromTga('MAPS/_Tex/land/pacific/jungle.tga')
WARNING: Error: 'WARNING: Error: 'WARNING: Error: 'WARNING: Error: 'WARNING: Error: 'WARN'
WARNING: TLandscape::LoadMap('sq_Coral-Sea_Solomon-Sea_43/load.ini') - errors in loading
World.land().LoadMap() error: java.lang.RuntimeException: Landscape 'sq_Coral-Sea_Solomon-Sea_43/load.ini' loading error

BAT 3.8.2 vanilla except for this map and the previously mentioned textures from Cyberola's Singapore map.

Bob

Squashman

• Modder
  • I am Spartacus
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2020, 01:59:53 PM »

And this is why I'll never be able to fly a plane!!

Okay, I found that I was using the wrong download and missed the "_43" that is the difference between the two maps. I corrected the all.ini entry after putting the "sq_Coral-Sea_Solomon-Sea_43" folder in the "MAPS" folder.

However, there is now a problem with getting the map to show.

End of log.lst:
Code: [Select]
INTERNAL ERROR: Can't open file 'MAPS/_Tex/land/pacific/jungle.tga'
INTERNAL ERROR: LoadTextureFromTga('MAPS/_Tex/land/pacific/jungle.tga')
WARNING: Error: 'WARNING: Error: 'WARNING: Error: 'WARNING: Error: 'WARNING: Error: 'WARN'
WARNING: TLandscape::LoadMap('sq_Coral-Sea_Solomon-Sea_43/load.ini') - errors in loading
World.land().LoadMap() error: java.lang.RuntimeException: Landscape 'sq_Coral-Sea_Solomon-Sea_43/load.ini' loading error

BAT 3.8.2 vanilla except for this map and the previously mentioned textures from Cyberola's Singapore map.

Bob

This is one difficulty in any version of IL2, including BAT. The list of textures in the vanilla download may not support a map made on a different version (we've all been there!)

I had to add a textures folder to BAT Maps folder, and for good measure a 3do folder to the MAPMODS folder, to get some added maps to work eg. Green Hell

It looks like in the vanilla BAT the jungle.tga texture is missing or is in a different folder structure. The required folder structure is as the log entry indicates - MAPS/_Tex/land/pacific/jungle.tga

Let me check it out and maybe I can re-upload the map with any missing textures.

Stand by

EDIT
- Missing textures
MAPS/_Tex/land/pacific/jungle.tga'
MAPS/_Tex/Pacific/Singapore/Oilpalm_greenfields_07.tga

Now included in download in 1st post https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,57423.msg634400.html#msg634400

Plowshare

• Modder
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2020, 05:35:42 PM »

Ahhh man, yessss!!!

Absolutely one of the greatest retexture jobs around. Of course I'm partial to this area since I've made three campaigns following the fictitious VMF-227 "Fighting Pumas" through three tours up the chain from Guadalcanal to Bougainville (on another series of maps of course). This required side trips to another map for Rabaul raids.

One happy outcome of this map is that, darn, I'm going to have to go through all those missions (156!) and adapt them to this map. I love the layout of Vella Lavella and since the Pumas flew out of there for an entire tour - ninety days and 60 missions - I've got a lot of work there.

You mention is an earlier post that, "I am planning two earlier versions - August 42 and June 43 to reflect the developing allied progress in Operation Cartwheel...." One question: I realize there will be fewer airfields and bases on those maps but could I put together missions using the bases you've included on this map and bring them over to the new maps? If not I'll, darn again, have to wait until the new maps come out to have a ton of fun making new missions.

Great job! Keep up the great work.

Stay safe in these difficult times.

Bob

Squashman

• Modder
  • I am Spartacus
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2020, 05:48:46 AM »

You mention is an earlier post that, "I am planning two earlier versions - August 42 and June 43 to reflect the developing allied progress in Operation Cartwheel...." One question: I realize there will be fewer airfields and bases on those maps but could I put together missions using the bases you've included on this map and bring them over to the new maps? If not I'll, darn again, have to wait until the new maps come out to have a ton of fun making new missions.

Great job! Keep up the great work.

Stay safe in these difficult times.

Bob

Thanks Bob, it makes all the long hours worthwhile when someone gets where I'm coming from.

I think it's safe to say that the airfields appeared sequentially along the Solomons chain as the various Allied mini-campaigns progressed, starting from Henderson Field and culminating roughly where the map is right now, shortly after the allied invasion of Bougainville at Empress Augusta Bay - and of course new airfields expanded and became more developed as time went by. I have to do some more homework on exact dates etc.
Feel free to make suggestions alongside your mission list.

Also, I'm sure I read somewhere that there was some Australian air activity in the Louisiade Archipelago - if anyone can shed light on the presence of any bases or airstrips I would love to hear about it

regards
Mike

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA

Squashman

• Modder
  • I am Spartacus
« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2020, 12:54:05 PM »

Many thanks Czech
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 27 queries.