Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A FOV mod that allows you to look outside your cockpit with your pilot  (Read 2204 times)

edgelord3941

I'd like to suggest a field of view mod that allows you to look outside of your pilots cockpit like sticking his head out just like in the newer IL-2 Sturmovik Battle Of Stalingrad, it'd help with things like landing, ect, it'll help with people playing without a TrackIR or head tracker of some sort.

Heres an example.       

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
Re: A FOV mod that allows you to look outside your cockpit with your pilot
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 09:59:15 PM »

a mod like this was done by SAS~Cirx quite some years back already, and is still available here on the site, afaik.
the thing is, it needs to be individually implemented for each plane, which can become a big task.
I think Cirx's mod worked for some planes for which it is realistic to be able to do this - 109's, if i recall, and certainly the Hurricane as per your pic.
it should be somewhere in the Cockpits section, if it's still around.
I've been scarce a lot recently, so not sure what the current situation with the mod might be.

lol - of course, it took me a second proper look after first getting some caffeine into my system, to realise that's an Italian MC or such, not a Hurri.
there might have been a similar mod for those, too  ;D
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

edgelord3941

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 03:06:53 PM »

I found it but it ran off the 4.0.9 patch, while I'm currently running the 4.12.2 patch. I have DBW and I'll test it on there, thank you!

Alfie Noakes

• Art Director
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 02:20:11 AM »

May not be your cup of tea but many of the WW I a/c have this facility..usually bound to the Shift F1 key
Very useful as engines on some a/c were so big and mounted so high that there was little or no forward view  o_O :D

Rolland D II

Cheers

Alfie
Everything is for the best in the best of all possible worlds

Kashmiro

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2019, 10:01:27 AM »

In UP3 RC4 (and i guess it will be possible in every version of the game) u must open the canopy, i guess u may be on the ground (never tried it in a flight), then in 1 seater fighter plane u can still press the button called "toggle seat possition" i think and then voila it seems to me like u are sitting on the left panel of the plane on opened cockpit :)

cheers

shardana

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2019, 08:20:43 AM »

This last solution seems fine,sure it would be great if this togle option would go like: center left right......
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 27 queries.