Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Future plans for BoX announced  (Read 10018 times)

sniperton

Re: Future plans for BoX announced
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2017, 12:04:58 PM »

Bodenplatte is not what I personally wished, but I fully agree: BoX is our only chance for the saga to be continued in a worthwhile way. 

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2017, 04:03:50 PM »

I think that BoX is IL-2's future and needs all the support we can give to it.

Best regards - Mike

I think most of us that have bought into the series are of that opinion Mike, they produce something that strikes a balance as far as fidelity and game play goes, somewhere in between other offerings out there, good on you. 8)

As with most others I find only a few aircraft I particularly want in the series, however, to give the team the chance to take a risk on a few things that might not usually get a look in they need to keep the business open, no one else will attempt the things they are trying and the genre could die altogether if they go.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

LuseKofte

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2017, 05:32:35 PM »

Thanks Mike , I think so too. But they think I am a troublemaker. When I heard about this pack I felt they showed me their middle finger. I was for sure in no doubts they abandoned Pacific. But now I think they have not.
I am no big fan of Pacific, but I hoped that would force them to make bigger maps, lay a foundation for Heavies in the sky. I think I am not getting that, I think they will find a clever way of doing Pacific with relatively small maps.
Bodenplatte will give me a chance to see how they do jets, and fly the tempest (even I wished it would be a Typhoon) And I wished for a razorback P 47, much more charm in that. All in all I think this is all or nothing, for security sake I will have old IL 2 as a backup.

sparky

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2017, 07:48:24 AM »

I have not bought any of them yet. There is talk of them releasing a demo next year, may see if my set up can run it. One question, if you buy a module can you use the contained planes in any other module? Are they linked? Or are they all separate installs?

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2017, 08:25:35 AM »

If you own just one module (regardless which one, at least at the moment), you can fly all planes of your own module which you bought against all planes available for all modules you own in Quick Mission Builder.
Plus you can fly all Campaigns for your module plus all addon campaigns you bought.
Plus you can fly online against all kind of planes available for all kind of modules, on all kind of maps for all kind of modules.

For instance, if you own Battle of Stalingrad Standard Edition:
You can fly e.g. a Lagg-3 against an Fw-190 on the Stalingrad map in QMB.
You cannot fly the Fw-190 (because you just have the Standard Edition and the Fw-190A-3 is either part of the Premium Edition or available as a separate Collector Plane).
You can fly online against a Ju-52 on the Kuban map, but you cannot do the same offline (since you don't own Battle of Kuban).

The key thing you need to know about Battle of XXX is that your game always has the full content available to everyone, but you can only use what's unlocked according to your purchases.

Best regards - Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

sparky

« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2017, 01:31:27 PM »

That makes sense.

Cheers Mike for taking the time to reply.

Sparky

LuseKofte

« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2017, 03:00:58 PM »

BOS install all planes and maps in your game, if you buy one it activates and no DL . You can fly online in all maps even those you have not bought.

BTW Mike I saw a Flying ass clown server up, is it yours and can I join it when you fly?

sniperton

« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2017, 04:44:26 PM »

If so, I'm interested too. I'm mute (no headset) and lame (by default). But a clown by heart

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2017, 10:19:14 PM »

Yes, yes and yes ;)
Just give us a couple of days to become familiar with it.
Currently that server is running in test mode, with stock missions and normal (read: ridiculously easy) difficulty setting.

Cheers!
Mike

sniperton

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2017, 03:51:30 AM »

I forgot to mention that I'm blind as well, with a 22" display. Full CEM is not a problem, but without icons I'd need a white stick.  :-[

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2017, 04:55:08 AM »

For the moment Icons are on and I think from FAC's history we'll leave it like that.
Other things from "normal" settings like auto radiator, aim assist etc. might vanish though.

Best regards - Mike

sniperton

« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2017, 07:35:29 AM »

Offline I fly with everything off except object icons. It would be great if they could be customized, though. And it's ridiculous that they're visible even when the LOS is blocked by the instrument panel or other obstacles. I can't get why it hasn't been changed for so many years. Maybe due to the fucked up concept of using a 2D overlay.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 25 queries.